Thread: Steam or Windows 7 ? Need help.

Default Steam or Windows 7 ? Need help.

Hi, we loaded both RTW and BI, and still it will not work.
    We have installed the latest of drivers, a good Nivida game card, and set Dir. X 9.c,b.
    No error, from the disks, except see administration from BI.
    Because of computer work, we had to re-load around 500 M. soft updates. And we are wondering if these updates could cause some of the problems.

Med-evil total 2 war works fine. And we have stream for, Empire, and Attila which works great!
    Before we can load RS2 again, the game must work.
    Any help -- fix sites for patches would help. If we go to stream for RTW/BI, does RS2 play good?
    Thanks guys.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Foederatus

Default Re: Steam or Windows 7 ? Need help.

microsoft has disabled safe disk so some old games will no longer work on win 7 and above http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/09/mic...bles-safedisc/ which included rome total war i recommend as you have the game either use the product keys on steam if that doesnt work buy the game on steam or use the no cd cracks from online

I see the RTW, but no BI gold.

How is that doing with the our mod RS2? Thanks for your help.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

At preset, RS2 does not work with Steam.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Ellsid's Avatar Tiro

windows 7 security update in September disabled my RTW. I uninstalled the updates, all my games / mods with RTW/BI worked again.

neep's Avatar Tiro

(I'm probably going to start sounding repetitive at some point - Folks, please tell me to shut up when this gets too tedious.)

Another option to consider is to check the date of your CD and look into buying a newer copy - somewhere around 2007 or later.
    I have a 2007 copy of RTW Anthology that runs just fine on Win 7 + security update. No problem with the 'secdrv' issue because it seems that this later version doesn't have the CD/security check that earlier releases had.
    Then I just upgraded to Windows 10 (leaving all files and current programs in place - not a full, new install) and it still runs fine with no problems.

If you want to continue with Win 7, or consider taking advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade, perhaps spending the $10 - $15 for a new CD might be a good option.

Thanks, but that makes me nervous, since we are not computer geeks. Because I have steam for Attlia, Empire, and now RTW2.
    Med-evil TW plays well. I think I will wait for a solution from DVK. DVK, does your's work anymore also?

Neep, my copy of RTW/Bi is only 7 years old. We had a older one but it was replaced years ago. But always it's helpful what you say. Thank you. Ell, how did you uninstal those updates? Would it affect my other games, newer ones? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    At preset, RS2 does not work with Steam.
    DVK, do you think it's safe to delete those updates in Sept?
    Most of our games are now in Steam. Except RTW/BI. We miss RS2, but not sure what step to take. Thanks for the help.

On another note. Have you contacted TW to see if they are going to make it work on steam? It seems everything is heading there.
    Thanks again. It seems complicated to play our Mod, RS2. A shame.
    Last edited by swhunter; October 06, 2015 at 11:05 AM.

why not just find a RTW torrent? If you have a copy of the game purchased I don't see how this is an issue.

We keep getting error messages when loading the disks RTW/ BI gold. And M. soft broke the older games by that update.