Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consilium de Civitate Service Medals

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Consilium de Civitate Service Medals

The Consilium de Civitate Service Medal is awarded to former members of the Consilium at the discretion of the Curator.
    As the CedC is no longer active, this medal is properly discontinued, from historical, logical and practical perspective.
    The single reasonable amendment of this medal is to extend it to those who nowadays continue the CdeC purpose and practice, a.k.a vote on citizenship > the entire citizenry > those citizens who activly participate in citizenship votes. And I'm not in favour of such a development of the medal, it's far to broad and subjective for what I can imagine, and would still not mirror the initial purpose of the medal (which was CdeC service).

For an analogy, that is fitting to me; as the sport "tug of war/rope pulling" was in the Olympics till 1920, when it was discountinued, the "tug of war/rope pulling" medals were not kept on being distributed for other sports, or used when other sports were added. Their purpose was spent, and they while they were not recalled because their role was played out (which would make little sense, as they were earned in their historical context), new medals were added for new sports.

Let the CdeC medal be, and let's move on.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    As the CedC is no longer active, this medal is properly discontinued, from historical, logical and practical perspective.
    The single reasonable amendment of this medal is to extend it to those who nowadays continue the CdeC purpose and practice, a.k.a vote on citizenship > the entire citizenry > those citizens who activly participate in citizenship votes. And I'm not in favour of such a development of the medal, it's far to broad and subjective for what I can imagine, and would still not mirror the initial purpose of the medal (which was CdeC service)
    My point of view was extending it to magistrates, censors, curators (curia jobs) and citizens with a remarkable presence in the curia.

Anyway, hopefully the Curia Service Award will do the job.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    depends on your definition of progress I personally believe we were better off with the CdeC.
    Of course you do - it gave you the opportunity to earn your precious medals and have a shiny badge for little or no work at all. Of course you liked that system. Maybe your sacrifice of getting Cdec profile bling for little input is worth it considering normal members can now at least have a chance to get citizenship!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Of course you do - it gave you the opportunity to earn your precious medals and have a shiny badge for little or no work at all. Of course you liked that system. Maybe your sacrifice of getting Cdec profile bling for little input is worth it considering normal members can now at least have a chance to get citizenship!
    Omni if it makes you happy we can easily remove medals and rewards from the CdeC. I personally am more interested in the regulation of citizens and making sure they go through a rigorous and proper application process. The current system holds no one accountable for who or what they vote for and that in my humble opinion isn't right.

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Let's not remove awards en masse because some may not appreciate now the minimum effort required. For every bad councillor there was a Ybbon, a mongoose to my snake etc.

I agree with Ngugi, leave the CdeC medal be. I don't think we need to continually differentiate new levels of contribution to the Curia. It's not a big part of the site; just a part that focuses on awards. Don't allow that focus to distort the true aim which is to recognise those that do good on the site. Spending too much time recognising the people who are doing the recognising turns it into self-promotion and discredits the whole exercise. The current service medal is enough for everything that happens here.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't take any one's existing medal but *this should have been removed ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by constitution
    *Consilium de Civitate Service

The Consilium de Civitate Service Medal is awarded to former members of the Consilium at the discretion of the Curator. The bronze medal is given for two completed terms as a member of the Consilium de Civitate; the silver medal is given for four completed terms; the gold medal is given for six completed terms; and the emerald medal for 12 completed terms. The Curator is only eligible if he served the sufficient number of completed terms outside his capacity as Curator. These medals shall be awarded to all those who qualify, past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    Omni if it makes you happy we can easily remove medals and rewards from the CdeC. I personally am more interested in the regulation of citizens and making sure they go through a rigorous and proper application process. The current system holds no one accountable for who or what they vote for and that in my humble opinion isn't right.
    I do not think this is necessarily true;
    • CdeC was not really held accountable for their action due to the fact that membership was a revolving door.
    • There are about +/- 15 members of the Curia that regularly participate in the process. Moreover, the additional participant would often add something to the discussion. Theses participant may have voted in CdeC elections but not very likely to run for it.
    • Many of the active participants were voted in post abolishing the CdeC. Going through the list, I can't see any undeserving members.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    Let's not remove awards en masse because some may not appreciate now the minimum effort required. For every bad councillor there was a Ybbon, a mongoose to my snake etc.
    I agree with Ngugi, leave the CdeC medal be. I don't think we need to continually differentiate new levels of contribution to the Curia. It's not a big part of the site; just a part that focuses on awards. Don't allow that focus to distort the true aim which is to recognise those that do good on the site. Spending too much time recognising the people who are doing the recognising turns it into self-promotion and discredits the whole exercise. The current service medal is enough for everything that happens here.
    There is a fine line between an overindulgence of patting on the back and incentive to award deserving members for contribution.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Aye...When they try and reach in your pocket, fishing for shinies, giv'em the shaft!

Like it or not the CdeC had it's time. Leave that reference in the past, where it belongs.
    ............Current Curialists can aspire towards things such as these, which reminds me I have a presentation yet to give...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Medals probably shouldn't be in the constitution to begin with, rather it should have outlined the process for creating and deleting them. If only we'd had the foresight!
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Medals probably shouldn't be in the constitution to begin with, rather it should have outlined the process for creating and deleting them. If only we'd had the foresight!
    What would the curia have done for the last 8-ish years if foresight was a thing..

Nice to see you back, that does seem to be a thing at the moment. (Sibz was here a few days ago), wonder who'll turn up next..

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I would like to meet that Crandar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12