Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question and Answer - Additional info

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Question and Answer - Additional info

Here I will write some 'Question and Answer - Additional info' that I've previously made.
    And I'll leave this thread open if you'd like to ask for further info.

AUTO-UPDATE
    Question: Is it possible to use Sync (Auto update) with your mod/s?

Answer: Yes, of course

Question 2: What is Auto update anyway?

Answer 2
    : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...o-Update-Sync)

Question: Is it Save compatible?

Answer: Yes, it definitely is

- - - - -

Question: Is it "Better AI" compatible?

Answer: It should be with vanilla version of "Better AI" , but still you better Load it before (above) than mine.

- - - - -

Question: Can I separate the mods?

Answer: Yes of course, use the PFM (that I've given the link of, in the text file) and delete the unwanted values or tables, and save
    But only for Personal usage please!

- - - - -

Question: Can I make a Sub-mod for this mod?

Answer: Sure thing, be my guest!
    But only share in my mod's sub-forum please! And if I like it, will be in "Recommended" mod list of the OP

- - - - -

Question: Can I include this mod/some parts of it in my Own mod?

Answer: Pm me 1st then I'll see

Default possible Mediafire issue

Hello guys I'd like to let you know that there is a little issue with Mediafire which happens time to time;

If you use the same Download link (like my mods) instead make a new one everytime, it might give you the previous version sometimes.
    The solution is simple, download a browser extension like ZenMate and activate it then try to download again

This issue doesn't happen so often but I thought I could let you know beforehand

Regards,
    Sharp
    Last edited by SharpEyed; October 02, 2015 at 07:13 AM.

Default Re: Question and Answer - Additional info

sa hacım Türk müsün

SA hacım nasılsın ? inşallah iyisindir.... sana bir sorum var bilmiyorum çözümünü biliyor musun ? Attila oyunun da biliyorsun Britanya galya italya hispanya gibi sonradan gelen uluslar var bunları hem kampanya haritasında hem de oyunun girişinde ulus seçtiğimiz kısıma ayarlıyoruz ?

Bu ulusları oynanabilir nasıl yapıyoruz özetle
    Last edited by SharpEyed; October 17, 2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: merging

A.s, eyvallah kardeşim sağol, sen de iyisindir inşaAllah.

Güzel soru, kendim hiç uğraşmadım o işlerle açıkçası, buradakiler yaramıyor mu?

Hopefully you can shed some light for this very confused linux user
    What is the difference between the steam workshop .pack file and the manual download .pack file? I only ask because I do not have windows so cannot use the modding tools myself to compare the two files.
    I should also note that steam workshop does not work for linux users as we have no program to enable the mods. We have to place the .pack file in the data folder and enable the mod in the preferences.script file

If I subscribe to the steam workshop and manually place the workshop file in the data folder and enable the mod when I start the game my processor maxes out and the game freezes
    If I download from the external link you have provided and place in my data folder and enable the mod it starts up perfectly.

I currently have it setup on my system to switch between your mod and the radious mod but what makes total war so much fun is the endless combinations of mods available. So this is why I am curious as to what the difference is. I am wondering if maybe I am missing something small that would open the workshop up to me or if there is significant differences between the two files (your steam workshop file and the external one on this site) and I should just give up.

Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy! View Post
    Hopefully you can shed some light for this very confused linux user
    What is the difference between the steam workshop .pack file and the manual download .pack file? I only ask because I do not have windows so cannot use the modding tools myself to compare the two files.
    I should also note that steam workshop does not work for linux users as we have no program to enable the mods. We have to place the .pack file in the data folder and enable the mod in the preferences.script file
    First of all;
    Hello mate, welcome to my sub-forum

Yea I'm aware of the Linux issue :/

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy!
    If I subscribe to the steam workshop and manually place the workshop file in the data folder and enable the mod when I start the game my processor maxes out and the game freezes
    If I download from the external link you have provided and place in my data folder and enable the mod it starts up perfectly.

I currently have it setup on my system to switch between your mod and the radious mod but what makes total war so much fun is the endless combinations of mods available. So this is why I am curious as to what the difference is. I am wondering if maybe I am missing something small that would open the workshop up to me or if there is significant differences between the two files (your steam workshop file and the external one on this site) and I should just give up.

Thank you for your reply
    Well there shouldn't be any difference between steam workshop and external site packs really.
    Unless Steam mess up the file somehow.

Wait my mod is on Steam workshop?
    If that's the case that's not me who uploaded it, so might be the previous version which might cause issues -like freeze/crash as you say- as new game version brought some new stuff (dlc and f-dlc etc)

Well I figured it should be the same but I've tried even the most recently released mods on the steam workshop and they all freeze the game as soon as I push play. It's very odd to say the least and I'm at a loss as to why the workshop .pack file would be any different and what that difference might be. Anyways thanks for your response I'll go ask if maybe radious knows

Edit: I was able to open the pack file with a text editor and it seems the differences are on the very top line of the packfile
    I tried erasing the extra text/symbols and saving the file but all it did was cause a ctd rather then a freeze
    If I knew what those changes were I might be able to experiment in the preferences.script file and attempt to find a work around. Anyone with any info it would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by McCoy!; January 13, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

I wish I knew mate but sadly I don't

Didn't think of using text editor before thou, and did you try Assembly kit? (Idk if that works on Linux thou)

Hey don't you think army and agent limits are too few , When you playing as WRE you can only have 6 armies ? Isn't it too low considering the faction has 30ish region ?
    History lover since -96.

Well with vanilla you have the same agent limit and just 2 more army at the start, with WRE. So that's not big difference really.

But the reason is that I've increased the lenght of most imperium levels so that technology won't be effecting it that much and there won't be such jumps (see images) , but also doubled the Prestige (Imperium) effect of cities which should favor the big empires rather than small factions.

Click to view content: 

Vanilla

Sharp

But I've noticed that something is definitely wrong with the income.

I knew that they've lowered the max corruption limit etc but didn't know they've also messed up with economy effects.
    And thinking of new corruption values are too low I didn't remove the corruption values of my mod, which ended up causing very low income which I should be fixing very soon.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; February 01, 2016 at 06:03 AM.

I still think 2 more armies would mean much. When I lift fog of war everytime I see there are too few armies and they can't reach to every place so most of of big empires are much more unprotected and have empty sides than vanilla. even though they have a lot of money they can't recruit new units with army cap. ( dostum birde assembly kit kullanarak mı yapılıyor bu iş en azından kendi oyunumda bu bazı değerleri senin modunda nasıl editleyebilirim ? )

And thanks for the fix and also overall very good horde friendly mod thanks
    History lover since -96.

Eyvallah, sağol

Assembly kit ile de olur ama mod klasöründeki Text dosyasını açarsan PFM 'den (pack file manager) bahsettiğimi görebilirsin.
    Linki şu http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Attila-support

Modda seni ilgilendiren tablo şu: "fame_levels_tables"
    Ve orada "campaign_key" altında gördüğün "main_attila" olanlar - Yani "Büyük sefer" (Türkçesi öyledir heralde, İngilizce "Grand campaign")
    Ondan sonrası kolay zaten, "army_cap" felan.

Ama hiç uğraşmayayım direk vanilla oynayayım diyorsan, komple tabloyu sil (sağ tık - delete) ve kaydet
    Last edited by SharpEyed; February 01, 2016 at 03:28 PM.

En basit şeyi yaptım , 6 dan 7 ye çıkardım ordu sayısını. Başka şeylerde denedim de crash oldu o zaman bel_attila main_attila falan farklarını anlayamadım. Çok teşekkür ederim de steamdan eklesem seni olurmu burdan yazmıyım taşmasın.

Sorry for non-english posts.
    History lover since -96.

İngilizce/Türkçe sorun olacağını sanmam, bu alt-forum benim sayılır

Dediğim gibi main_attila "Büyük sefer" (Grand campaign için)
    bel_attila > Last Roman Campaign
    cha_attila > Charlemagne Campaign
    pro_attila > Prologue

Works with the new patch?

I don't know yet tbh, didn't have a time to check

Turns out; yes it is compatible with the latest patch/game version.

But I'll upload a newer version with few important changes, hopefully today.

I was wondering how compatible sharp mod is with BACAI? I know you've been adding more and more ai stuff recently so will there be more issues in the future? If there are, are you moving towards your own version of an ai mod?

Well that's a tough question. Mostly they should be working together well but BACAI doesn't only consist of AI modding

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast