Thread: Ok, I don't know if this is a bug or not. Need some opinions.

Default Ok, I don't know if this is a bug or not. Need some opinions.

Ok, first so people don't get their knickers in a twist I would like to say that I am largely having a mostly fun innaugural campaign and have really not had problems outside of some occasional ****-ups of my cavalry being disorganized or my infantry refusing orders, but really these things can be adapted to to work out more or less ok.

My two big complaints are, one, unit speed. To me this is on crack or something. Infantry units are chasing my cavalry all over the place and generally actually catch them unless I diligently sit there and take time away from the battle to move them constantly. When an enemy sallys forth from a castle, they are on me in about 3 seconds out of the gate like flies on dog-****. Is there a way to turn this down a wee bit? If not, fine I guess i will adapt eventually. But I just feel really rushed in battles.

My real question here is why do the assassination and spy videos continually crash on my comp? Is this a bad setting on my computer or a widespread bug? I have done some testing and have come to the realization that for me at least, about 75 percent of the time, these videos will cause the game to crash on the first try. If I load the auto-save or personally made save of the game file prior to this attempt, it works fine unitl the next turn afterward, where again, it will crash 75 percent of the time on the first try after the new auto save. To me this doesn't make any sense, and I have to say it really is slowing down my game playing time and it really cramps my style.

And yes I have posted something on the bugs thread but i really am not sure and was wondering if anyone in the fine concerned fanbase out there had also encountered this or knows a way fix it.
    Life is an STD with a 100 percent fatality rate.

Default Re: Ok, I don't know if this is a bug or not. Need some opinions.

The unit speed thing isn't a bug...just a balancing/gameplay issue.

As for the videos crashing, it isn't a bug, it's a technical issue with your computer, so on that note.

To the Technical Help Forum we go.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Ok, I don't know if this is a bug or not. Need some opinions.

The first one we will be able to mod once the unpacker is released.

The second thing sounds like more of tech problem, maybe related to what video drivers you've got installer, or something like that.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.