Thread: MOD Suggestion: Ancient China

Default MOD Suggestion: Ancient China

First of all i'm not sure if this is the right place but...
    I've oppened this thread to make a suggestion to the modders of RTW.
    Everyone would like to see more mods about asia, specially ancient china, as there arent many. And the more ancient the period the more interesting is the game, i think. Despite the lack of information, a mod about the late chinese bronze age would be very cool. That is my idea:

A mod about the Zhou conquest of the Shang Empire
    ---Main Campaign---
    could start at 1048 BC, just 2 years before the Battle of Muye
    the possible factions could be:
    1-Shang Empire (the second dynasty in chinese history; the most advanced faction at the time of the campaign)
    2-State of Zhou (the guys that conquered the Shang in 1046 BC)
    3-State of Shu (originally allied to the Shang, but helped the Zhou at Muye because king Di Xin of Shang became corrupt and tyrannical)
    4-State of Ba (little is known about it, but its considered twin of the Shu and so probably was its ally)
    5-Western Rong (barbarians of the west)
    6-Southern Man (barbarians of the south)
    7-Eastern Yi (barbarians of the east)
    8-Northern Di (barbarians of the north)
    9-Maybe some Indian city-states
    10-Maybe proto-burmese and proto-japanese peoples
    11-The rebels that are mainly tribal rice-farmers
    ---Provincial Campaigns---
    could be named "Legendary Campaigns" and follow the semi-mithical part of chinese history, like "Tales of the Yellow Emperor" and "Fall of Xia"
    ---Battles---
    For the historical battles, i can think now of the Battle of Muye, the Battle of Zhuolo, the Battle of Banquan and the Battle of Mingtiao.
    Only the armies of the four "civilizated" had chariots and swordsmen. All armies had archers, spearmen and cavalry with bronze weaponry. none had siege weapons like catapults.

Well, i've given some ideas but there could be much more to discuss if someone is interested.
    Last edited by es157; October 05, 2015 at 06:35 PM.

Default Re: MOD Suggestion: Ancient China

i dont know the name of the state ruled by the yellow emperor, but i suppose its something like "Huan Empire" or "Huang Empire". Is there any official name?
    i've been working on a preliminary version of this mod heavily based on genghis khan total war, but i dont know how to change the faction symbols and remove the middle-east from the map (Just know how to make it unaccessable). can anyone help me with this?
    i would like to post some images but i dont know to do with pictures from Paint nor from FastStone. is it even possible?

ps.: the name i was looking for is Fushi Empire
    Last edited by es157; October 29, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Tiro

The idea seems to be good, but the thread is wrong. WIP should be better.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    The idea seems to be good, but the thread is wrong. WIP should be better.
    where is this "WIP"? can any administrator move it there for me please? i dont know this forum very well.
    Last edited by es157; October 08, 2015 at 05:40 PM.

i think i will give up this idea and finish the mod for myself. if anyone shows interest contact me