Thread: Gondorian Infantry only have half plate in custom battles.

Default Gondorian Infantry only have half plate in custom battles.

Hi, recently i came back to Third Age Total War as it is such a great mod, but now when i start a custom battle/quick battle as Gondor none of the infantry have full plate armour, they are all wearing chainmail/black tunics. Is there any way to change it so they appear in full plate armour in custom/quick battles? It looks far better that way.

Thanks, Greatscape.

Default Re: Gondorian Infantry only have half plate in custom battles.

Also, does anyone know if any of the developers of this mod are still active in the community? I would love to follow/see more of their work if they still do mod. If not, thats awfully depressing Hate to see developers of such great mods like this just disappear.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

yo dude, welcome to TWC

as per your questions, please consider what follows

- Vanilla Third Age:Total War is not in development anymore since more than 3 years now; latest version is 3.2, but I can ensure you that it's perfectly working (also allows you to play the fellowship campaign) and plenty of support/suggestions are provided from local community should you have any technical problem with the mod or strategical/whatever questions

- the heart of development is nowadays only within the submod section: if you haven't yet, give a look on the proper submod, there is world there.. well actually it's a universe, uh or maybe a multiverse Don't worry, the mod won't die, I think this is one of the mods that involves more modders ever.

- I'm not sure whether the Gondorian armors have been changed to start at a lower level (visually) in order to better reflect the armor upgrades or that's another issue, but in any case if you are concerned much with visual stuff, the submod section provides plenty of modified units for vanilla TATW and some submods have really made an awesome job with models (both units and settlements)

any question, we will be here
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

TATW:s Gondor units walk a middle path to appease both book and movie fans, as the armours are invented by the films.
    High tier units begin with mail but get plate armours, through armour upgrades.

King Kong did not as much disappear as moved on hehe
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Mod-Guideline
    And, as Flinn say, check out the submods.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the quick reply, i'l be sure to check out the submod section Glad to know there is still a large following keeping the mod alive. I dread the day, dare i say it, when this mod dies. Hopefully that day is never.

That's interesting, i always assumed the mod was just a visual film representation.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The concept of TATW is that it is based on the books, but use the aethetics from the movies.

There were quite a lot of debate concerning plate armour back in the days, and King Kong met both lore and movie fan's half way by making it not a default feature but avilable through armour upgrades; clever as Salomon ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Gondor's units were reworked in version 3. Before that, they had plate from the beginning. At least that's how I remember things, and I haven't played 2 or 3.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by greatscape12 View Post
    Hi, recently i came back to Third Age Total War as it is such a great mod, but now when i start a custom battle/quick battle as Gondor none of the infantry have full plate armour, they are all wearing chainmail/black tunics. Is there any way to change it so they appear in full plate armour in custom/quick battles? It looks far better that way.

Thanks, Greatscape.
    If you're playing a custom battle, this is one of the easiest things in the world to fix.

In the panel to your left (i.e. to the left of all the unit cards where you select the various types of troops you want for the battle) you'll see a bunch of buttons and stuff if I remember correctly. One of them is a shield representing the armor upgrade, the other a bunch of lines representing the amount of experience a unit has (hence the amount of flags and banners that appear in the battle map). After selecting and highlighting a unit card of soldiers you've chosen from the list of different soldier types, click on the shield button enough times until the armor upgrade is at a maximum (this goes from bronze, to silver, to gold, sometimes only bronze).

If you don't know what I'm talking about, or how to do this, it doesn't take long to figure it out yourself. And if you still can't figure it out after this explanation, try going on Youtube or something and see how people do it there. It is literally the same process that any Medieval II mod uses, not just TATW. This is vanilla Medieval II stuff we're talking about here.