Thread: Some sugestions to keep this mod alive:

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Some sugestions to keep this mod alive:

This mod needs most of all unit models and other material:
    Here is a list of mods that could be added (under permision) in DoTS to complete it.

Princes,Kings and Heros.
    The mod is long ago inactive but many models of English knights and many models of strat_map castles and battle map ones had been created.
    Tsardoms TW.
    The mod has exelent scripts,interesting strat_map models and a large qauntity of Rusichi style units and many of better quality!
    Balkan Slavic factions or AOR units or Rebel factions can be created by that material plus they have interesting Ottoman units as well.
    War of the West
    This mods also focuses arround England but its material with a good skinner could provide exelent French and German rosters as well.
    Their scotish and other rosters can offer Scotland's unit roster, Irish one plus many welsh and other AOR units.
    The mod requires Rusichi animation pack though.
    My knightly horses are available through that mod. They can replace all knights horses of all factions with diferent cloth textures.
    Rusichi TW
    The mod that created all mods after its own release.
    Its horses and Russian rosters plus its wonderfull start_map and 2d art are perfect additions to any mod. Not to mention their AOR and Mongolian units as well!
    Its flexible and complicated scripts can add a real Feudal era in DoTS.
    The mod is free to use thanks to the MARKA team generocity !

In the future i hope that i will be still "arround" to come up with more Romans (Komneneans) too.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Some sugestions to keep this mod alive:

Thanks Ant, but we are alive. We know all those mods, but when I've spoke to War of the West and Tsardoms in the past they are happy to remain independent and keep to their own vision. Both of those mods best assets are their units too, so they are not really interested in giving those things away. We are using Rusichi horses only in our next release, which will focus on units.

If you have any suggestions for historical Italian units that have open permissions, we'd be grateful.

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Thanks Ant, but we are alive. We know all those mods, but when I've spoke to War of the West and Tsardoms in the past they are happy to remain independent and keep to their own vision. Both of those mods best assets are their units too, so they are not really interested in giving those things away. We are using Rusichi horses only in our next release, which will focus on units.

If you have any suggestions for historical Italian units that have open permissions, we'd be grateful.
    In relation to Tsardoms I think their modding team has pretty much capitulated for good. I remember seeing a recent post that said something of the like on their forum. Maybe getting in contact with the few remaining modders of tsardoms to ask for permission is a good idea before all the assets they've created are lost? It would just be a waste of those beautiful units they have created. Any how good to see this mod is alive and well.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I have been following the situation but I don't think it's clear what they want to do with their work. I would love to help because their units are amazing and they deserve to be praised. However the issue now is the old issue that kept us apart in the past, Dominion has its own vision which id bigger than Tsardoms time and space wise, which would mean compromising some of their vision to suit our needs. Perhaps Dominion can reach an arrangement where they are happy and trust us to carry on their legacy.