Thread: dead? *Answered*

Default dead? *Answered*

title

p.s. not a spam

yup... its dead alright

lmao at the guy who created this mod
    Last edited by Dago Red; November 08, 2015 at 11:30 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: dead?

Posts merged for proper decorum.

The guys who created this mod have lives. The mod is over 6 years old and had a small team to begin with. There are break through features like supply and demand in this mod which are still to this date not in vanilla release Total War games, and as you can see -- if you spent a few minutes looking around -- there are still active submods and individuals working on updates that can be applied to the core APE:TI.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I'm not sure what the OP was getting at.

Are the downloads broken?

Does the mod no longer work with current Empire:TW?
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; September 04, 2016 at 01:30 AM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Are you saying the mod was finished before being discontinued?

The last update is from almost a decade ago, and a year from the game release. No one can finish a total conversion in a year... I'm trying the mod to see because the description seems promising, but it's probably unfinished.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: dead? *Answered*

The mod was in a far more completed state than the vanilla release. No overhaul mod is ever completely finished so you might want to adjust your perspective on what "finished" means. There are dozens of add ons, like Ornamentum and AUM to add more units etc, though you may need to hunt down older downloads for some. As you know, this is based on a "discontinued" engine from CA in the first place.

I'd say a Total Conversion is complete when all of the features are incorporated to the game on a acceptable level (i.e. one wouldn't guess it wasn't in Vanilla), and it effectively gives an enhanced experience when compared to Vanilla. Almost every Total Conversion for Empire is making muskets inaccurate and translating unit names for "accuracy".

Divide et Impera for Rome 2 is "completed" since the 1.0 version, for instance. Same with MoS for Shogun 2.

There are several issues left with Empire that could be easily solved, it's just frustrating to see after all this time not much has been done... and a good chunk of what has been done was lost.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    I'd say a Total Conversion is complete when all of the features are incorporated to the game on a acceptable level (i.e. one wouldn't guess it wasn't in Vanilla), and it effectively gives an enhanced experience when compared to Vanilla. Almost every Total Conversion for Empire is making muskets inaccurate and translating unit names for "accuracy".

Divide et Impera for Rome 2 is "completed" since the 1.0 version, for instance. Same with MoS for Shogun 2.

There are several issues left with Empire that could be easily solved, it's just frustrating to see after all this time not much has been done... and a good chunk of what has been done was lost.
    MoS is finished? When? Been some time since I played it and back then the AI was basically braindead.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer