Thread: How to add/edit Victory Conditions? (help needed)

sik1977's Avatar Foederatus

Default How to add/edit Victory Conditions? (help needed)

I use a mixture of mods with some custom editing. I have RTW & BI and Use the RTW Enhancement Pack 2.2.4 with Mundus Magnus as Base and some custom editing and mods on V1.5/1.6.

I would like to know if there is any tutorial on how to add/edit victory conditions. I have searched the forum a lot but have not come across any such tutorial or information. My problem is with the Provicial Campaign (Mundus Magnus) under RTW, which does not seem to have any visible Win/victory conditions such as "hold Rome & 50 provinces etc." I would like to add some specific Win/Victory conditions, so would appreciate any help I may get in this regard. Even a reference to the relevent file will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I figured out the relevent file i.e., descr_win_conditions.txt which was missing in the MM folder. It seems to give victory conditions for new campaigns but doesnt effect saved games. Anyhow, thats something to be expected. Still if someone knows how to edit the victory conditions and perhaps make them more specific and challenging then the standard 'take 50 provinces etc.' I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by sik1977; November 23, 2006 at 05:23 AM.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to add/edit Victory Conditions? (help need

sik1977's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for the links Vegas

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting forum. Please do not post questions about modding in the tutorials section, as it is only for tutorials.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Here's my old research (I found it, Cemendur!):

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=56625
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: How to add/edit Victory Conditions? (help needed)

Quote Originally Posted by sik1977 View Post
    I use a mixture of mods with some custom editing. I have RTW & BI and Use the RTW Enhancement Pack 2.2.4 with Mundus Magnus as Base and some custom editing and mods on V1.5/1.6.

I would like to know if there is any tutorial on how to add/edit victory conditions. I have searched the forum a lot but have not come across any such tutorial or information. My problem is with the Provicial Campaign (Mundus Magnus) under RTW, which does not seem to have any visible Win/victory conditions such as "hold Rome & 50 provinces etc." I would like to add some specific Win/Victory conditions, so would appreciate any help I may get in this regard. Even a reference to the relevent file will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I figured out the relevent file i.e., descr_win_conditions.txt which was missing in the MM folder. It seems to give victory conditions for new campaigns but doesnt effect saved games. Anyhow, thats something to be expected. Still if someone knows how to edit the victory conditions and perhaps make them more specific and challenging then the standard 'take 50 provinces etc.' I would greatly appreciate it.
    If you have BI, look at how they do it in there. Doing the same in RTW results in the same effect. You MUST, however, make sure you get the region names right and spell them exactly as they are in 'descr_regions.txt'. Misspelling or non-existant region will lead to instant: 'Welcome to Windows'.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father