Thread: 2.8 installation problems

Default 2.8 installation problems

I have been playing RNJ for 3 weeks now and it is a fantastic mod. The only small complaints I have about is the Uesugi being navy blue and red instead of black, the minor clans only having ronin troops making them easy to defeat, no labels on ronin as to which clan it is, no icon on the RNJ shortcut, a piece of north Honshu being cut off, turns per year, and a minor lack in settlements but in the end those are would all be bonusus and the TPY being impossible. I still play countless hours of this mod everyday I can.

the main problem is when I try to install 2.8

when I first got the mod I installed 2.6 and 2.8 without problems but I read details about 2.8 and realize that I had installed it and the changes were not made. So installed it again and into the shogun2 folder again and RNJ remained the same. I tried a different link and this time I deleted RNJ and got 2.0 to 2.6 to 2.8 in the bi folder not shogun 2 and deleted the map file as instructed and when I launch it it gives me a notification saying that it can't find or something like that "ikko_ikki_yari_cavalry"

i have treid to reinstall it many times and it says the same thing. Please help, I have thoroughly enjoyed 2.6 and can only imagine 2.8 being better than the latter.

Default Re: 2.8 installation problems

Am soz 2 hear of your problems, sounds like you have installed one of the mods in the wrong directory. However it appears 2.8 has a bug in it ATM, am trying to track down the replacement file, will post it up soon.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Thanks for the reply and in what directory is it supposed to go to if I may ask?

the bi directory.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Also since I reinstalled the mod it tends to lag a bit more now. I've also been playing Europa Barbarorum and EB doesn't lag at all. Is there anyway I can make the mod run with less lag?

check the sticky for Lord Ahren's fix and reduced textures. Also set your desktop to 16bit color and match the resolution in game. These might help.

Thank you the 16 bit adjustment made it lag way less but it still doesn't run like EB. I've been without home internet for a while so for now the 16 bit fix will have to until I can download the fixes and again attempt to install 2.8. This isn't the only mod that lags though as Rome total realism 7 lags way more and Hegemonia City States lags at about the same rate as Ran no Jidai before the 16 bit adjustment.

Again tried to install 2.8 and it brought up the yari cav notification again. Really sucks that there's still no fix for my current problems with 2.8.