Thread: Referendum as a giant dildo shaped blunt instrument?

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Referendum as a giant dildo shaped blunt instrument?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...eferendum.html

It did not take long, despite many reassurances, that another independence vote for Scotland would be called for by the SNP. It just makes me wonder that it has come so close after the last referendum that basically they will keep asking until they get the answer they want.

Funnily enough this is exactly what the EU did with Ireland, claiming well they didn't understand and we adjusted our position. Well what if the no campaign had re-educated people and adjusted their position could they then recall the referendum that had passed and recall? No of course not. That was never an option, it seems referendum are not democratic, they are open until they get the yes vote and only then are they closed forever.

Hence my vague attempt at humour that the only form referendums take is to up the population.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: Referendum as a giant dildo shaped blunt instrument?

Insufficient OP. Thread closed. Feel free to PM me with a re-worked OP that actually offers a substantial base for a discussion if you want this re-opened.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.