Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

Default Re: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

i guess it would help alot with the map ai, give it time to do the things it wants too do without losing so much because everything is cramped.

This is a brilliant mod, i cant wait till the next version comes out along with repman's mod.

Kye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973 View Post

Wonder why the Pope seems to be so chilled out about Scotland though? Was waiting for him to step in, but nothing.
    Dinna ken lad, but I just noticed the Scots maybe have 'their own' celestial connections?

Thanks for the beautiful map and great job btw

We just need the patch and this game will be awesome

Lucius

Bigger map = Better.

I'm definitely going to try this out after I finish my current campaign. It's REALLY cramped right now in northern italy and it certainly looks a hell of a lot better judging by that screenshot.

@Spurius
    maybe you can add the changes of the african moor regions as in the map from Alcibiades ?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69835

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Yep, no problem, they are indeed much more realistic, IMO - will paint them in into the regions map.

(caution to people who want to add stuff themselves: remember that copying something like Alcibiades regions map into this map's data folder will *not* work - those maps are *way* too small now, so would just instantly wreck your game.)

Eudorus's Avatar Tiro

looks good from here, just wondering if it is only good for the vanila or will it work with the "all factions" mods?

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

What a superb creation, well done indeed Spurius

@Eudorus - I am using a modified 'all faction' thingy and all seems well, although I haven't tried to play one of those factions as yet.
    I have yet to start an English campaign and I'm wondering that if there is a revised version of this map out shortly would it be worth waiting or, as you have noted your intentions, would it be backward compatible....?

Wow, that's trully appriated effort. I haven't downloaded the map yet, but I have one question: is it possible for you to add the Odra(Oder) River beween Gemany and Poland? If you've already done so, then it's great! Odra(Oder) is quite big river, about 850km long and it's strategically important. Looks like CA designers didn't pay much attention to maps...

Thanks for all the nice comments, people - updated to .99d, savegame compatible as promised. Done quite a few mountains already, removed graphical glitch in water near Jerusalem, and added Oder river, not entirely accurate, but had to make do here and there, or I would have to move other stuff too. Enjoy.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Excellent map Spurius! Well done

If only the area of movement can be changed to make movement more realistic.
    I can tell from the screenshots, it might take 8-12 years to go from England to Jerusalem!
    Guess we have to wait for those mod tools

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Ah thanks, so my .99c danish campaign is savegame compatible right? What happens if my armies were on the river before there was a river there? Crash?

No, don't think so - seen armies standing in the middle of the sea, when you place them wrong - chance is not so great here, but IF it happens that there IS one smack in the middle of the river and has become unmovable, you're still not lost - bit unhandy, but by *reinstalling* .99c, moving your army to a safe spot and then reinstall .99d, you'd be in the clear. Don't think you will ever need to, but ANY such problem should be solvable by temporarily DOWNgrading the map.

Next update tomorrow, btw - again savegame compatible (forward AND backward)

After installing this I've begun to notice errors ( only in custom battles, the campaigns working great!) in which many maps are completely covered in water as soon as the game starts ( picture the swiss alps map covered in water). All of my units die as soon as the game starts.

Does the mod affect custom maps? I wouldn't think so.

Edit: Thanks for looking into this!
    Last edited by Theo; November 26, 2006 at 01:07 PM.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Next update tomorrow, btw - again savegame compatible (forward AND backward)
    Good grief what else could you possibly improve...!!!!
    Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    After installing this I've begun to notice errors ( only in custom battles, the campaigns working great!) in which many maps are completely covered in water as soon as the game starts ( picture the swiss alps map covered in water). All of my units die as soon as the game starts.

Does the mod affect custom maps? I wouldn't think so.
    Ah, I wondered about that, because the custom battles have their own .wfc file, thought that was some minimap of sorts, and I changed one of the coordinates of the custom battles to the middle of the meditteranean on my map, but it looked ok - so I left them alone.

But indeed, the only explanation is that those coordinates DO end you somewhere on the main map, and in water in some cases, since those coordinates are way off. Was like that in RTW, but should have tested a bit further, I guess. My bad.

OK, I will change all the coordinates I can find in those files, to correct ones on my map, is not that much work - only delays the new version a few hrs - and add those files to the new download, .

Should fix the problem I think.

@spurius, great work, i love the map, but a few questions;

Firstly, how do you work out the co-ordinates for the characters on the map?

secondly, is there any way to strip the campaign of as many factions and armies as possible, so that when we map we can simply place the characters needed for it to run in the bottom corner somewhere?

and also, is there any chance you have a stripped down campaign, that we may be able to use as a campaign template for making our own maps?

Kind regards
    Lentonius
    GREEK ERA MOD FOR MEDIEVAL 2- JOIN TODAY, THE ANCIENT PROJECT!!!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Ancient_Project/

Quote Originally Posted by Spurius View Post
    Ah, I wondered about that, because the custom battles have their own .wfc file, thought that was some minimap of sorts, and I changed one of the coordinates of the custom battles to the middle of the meditteranean on my map, but it looked ok - so I left them alone.

But indeed, the only explanation is that those coordinates DO end you somewhere on the main map, and in water in some cases, since those coordinates are way off. Was like that in RTW, but should have tested a bit further, I guess. My bad.

OK, I will change all the coordinates I can find in those files, to correct ones on my map, is not that much work - only delays the new version a few hrs - and add those files to the new download, .

Should fix the problem I think.
    Thanks!

Updated the links to version .99e in the openng post, see changelist there.

Savegame compatible, and will be so until the final edition.

For those who wanted to play custombattles, I changed what I could find in the Custom folder, so if you install

http://www.riseofpersia.com/develope...tlesBigMap.exe

in your data\world\maps folder (not in the Custom folder itself)

after backing it up, you should be able to play all customs again. I tried a few at random, and they all worked.

It's only the textfiles changed, for correct (dis)play it still needs the vanilla .wfc's and possibly that .tga too, so it must be installed OVER an existing Custom folder.

OK, it's beginning to get near final shape - any ideas for options in the installer - you could have this map in umpteen different setups - all in one program.

So what would be nice to have as optional campaigns, or removal of factions?

No pope could be one, no rebels or pirates, no America (not even the land), no Mongols and Timurids, you name it.

Would all be just a matter of ticking a box in the installer.

So let's hear some ideas - maybe I am overlooking a few obvious ones.

(this is all beside the fact that it's going into DLV mod, too - just want to toss in a few campaign options)
    Last edited by Spurius; November 26, 2006 at 01:19 PM. Reason: edit for typo

Quote Originally Posted by Spurius View Post
    Sure, go ahead, will do some more work on it, prettifying mountains etc and adding a few more resources - the Middle East is totally starved of them in vanilla - 18 provs have NONE as resource. Just noticed I forgot to add that into this one, will update it in next version. Makes a LOT of diff when you want to keep an Eastern empire together...
    Have you thought at about adding in Wonders like Rome had? Or is that not even possible without the unpacker?