View Poll Results: Which of the designs to you like best?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1

3 17.65%
  • Option 2

2 11.76%
  • Option 3

2 11.76%
  • Option 4

0 0%
  • Option 5

1 5.88%
  • Option 6

9 52.94%

Thread: Student Project - Opinions needed

Default Student Project - Opinions needed

Hey Guys

I'm working on a student project for Marketing class right now. The goal was to create a logo for a company. I've done a couple but I'm not sure which one I should use. So maybe you guys can help out.

I've uploaded the file as an attachment to this post. Just vote for the option to like best. That's it. It'll only take a second of your time and you'd really help me out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	330521

Cheers
    Last edited by student23; September 23, 2015 at 10:36 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Student Project - Opinions needed

all of them are nice, I prefer 3 and 6, but I voted for 3 in any case
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for your vote Bud. Quite curious about the outcome.

I'd also say #3 or #6, though I've voted for #6.
    Some more comments:

#1 looks too flashy and "official" for my taste. I could see it as the logo of a sponsored brand of sports wear, but not for comfy slippers.

#2 kind of "meh". Nothing to say about it, really.

#3 I like this overall, though I think it would be most fitting for a special issue / sub-brand.

#4 Too Bavarian. 'nuff said.

#5 Far too generic. You could switch "German" and "Slippers" for anything else, and the design would still work.

#6 I like this one a lot. The picture instantly tells you that this is something good for your feet. And this or similar tones of green are frequently used in ads for healthcare-related products, as far as I'm aware, so you've covered that message, too.
    You could theoretically emphasize the "German" element more via colours, but I don't feel like that would actually be an improvment. It would probably just make the logo too confusing.

Edit: By the way, I think this topic might be better off in the Arts or Thema Devia subforum. It's not about actual personal problems, after all, and you'd probably get a larger audience over there. Maybe ask a moderator / self-report your post to have them shifted elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; September 23, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Excellent idea! I'll ask for it right away.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Moved to the Arts.

Thanks to everyone casting the vote.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

What is your (hypothetical) target group?

1 looks like a logo for a football championship, to be honest. Somewhat too wavy/flashy for a slippers company.

2 is too strict, looks more like the official logo of the ministry of shoemaking.

3 might work for hiking boots and the guy on the mountain looks a bit clumsily inserted in the picture.

4 would be feasible if your target group are extremely uneducated US mid-western farmers who think Bavaria = Germany. Then again, I would not try to market slippers to mid western uneducated farmers.

5 is a bit bland. The crown does not relate to Germany or slippers either.

6 is nice and would hit the nerve of the educated, ecology and health crazed urban middle classes. The different fonts serve nicely to underline quality (German, bold, strict font sans serifs) and comfort (slippers as easy-to-put-on shoes, wavy, easy-going but uncomplicated handwriting).
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

The hypothetical target group would be the one you described at "6". Middle Class mostly, since Slippers seem to be quite close to the "luxury" group of goods. Thanks for your opinion. Very much appreciated.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

I voted 6, the target group is definitely my feet, try some variation with the left foot in the logo, either with the text in between the two or the pair to the right. You definitely hit the mark with that bare foot print for me, I want to put something on it and nothing better than comfy home slippers.

EDIT: what make the bare foot print great is it can be used in the same way as the nike's apostrophe, addidas' three bands, apple's bitten apple, Lacoste's crocodile....
    Last edited by John Doe; September 24, 2015 at 08:04 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

6 and 1 are pretty slick, number three is very cute and stands out nicely, but overall number six is the slickest.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

6 Looks way more appealing than the other ones, and also brings a unique aspect! Voted.

Voted 1.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Voted for 2, that's the only one that really comes across as German, you just get the feeling that they'll deliver a decent German product that'll allow you to invade Poland Dutch and Danish beaches.
    3 and 6 are far too playful for German standards, besides who wears slippers whilst hiking in the Alps?

But in all seriousness, 6 is the best in my opinion, it looks good and the foot fits well in the logo, as it's a slippers brand. As for the others, 2 looks the best of them but using a guy on a mountain would be a little queer. 1 could be a resort, 2 a decently boring German company, 4 would work if the company was from Bavaria and 5 doesn't work as Germany doesn't have a link with royalty. (I mean they do as like every single European monarch is German, but no own monarch means no crown)