Thread: Can't Play on Steam!

Default Can't Play on Steam!

I entered my original day one Medieval: Total War product key into the activate game, and it did not activate! Is anyone having the same problem?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Can't Play on Steam!

Perhaps you should contact Steam about this issue.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Can't Play on Steam!

As much as it may suck, you can't use your old CD-codes and expect them to work with Steam™ (they made that rather clear). They (CA and SEGA) basically want you to pay all over again for the same game you already paid for before. Against that stands the notion that they (as in CA) want to be compensated for their work in making MTW functional with new hardware and OS, which strikes me as understandable to some degree at least. They have done some work and they want to be compensated for it... I would too... Anyhow, there are no options for all this beyond the forced use of Steam™ in this context - which is the part that I personally thinks sucks the most in all this... Leaving us stuck with the "steam-option", all over again ever since ETW (that is, unless you can make MTW run succesfully on your own - then of course all this is a non-issue. More or less anyways)...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; September 24, 2015 at 01:07 PM.