Thread: Don't ya just hate .

Default Don't ya just hate .

Here a little blog for things that people just hate happening in game or with te game . Mine is as follows .

dont ya just hate when after fighting many battles , making many administrative and campagin moves . Your game just crashes and now all that you have done all the battles you fought moves you made , you just gotta do it all over again because auto save didn't save anything that you had done in that turn ?! This had happend to me about 3 times today I've spend over 2 hrs just redoing the I had already done , and it never plays out the same , the first time around I had major victories with minimal loss , I was bribing enemy forces with ease . Not the next to times it's harder to bribe armies I am loosing more men in the field . you auto save and your non game saving when you should!!!

Whats your
    don't ya just hate it ?

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Don't ya just hate .

something is probably messed up. happend never to me, while i had some problems getting mods to work. either the game or more likely your pc. starting a hate thread wont help solve it, which you need if you want help.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

I don't think he's looking for technical support. This is just a thread for users to share their pet peeves related to the game.

I too have experienced this problem, mostly on SS, and yes, I just hate it, too.

I also just hate the way merchants work. It seems very hard to train up a merchant, and no matter how good he gets, the AI always has a better one that will buy him out.

i kinda hate that heavy cavalry is too.. "all powerful".. on the battlefield. I get that in medieval times they were a powerful advantage to an army, but the way that they operate in-game is kind of unrealistic to me, especially the lethality of their charge. They could charge up and mow down just about any infantry unit. Taking down scores of well trained and disciplined knights in a single charge. I feel they should be nerfed somehow. Instead of killing power, their charge could focus more on breaking the moral of the enemy, or maybe there is a way of using the game's random number generator thing to calculate if a charge will succeed or fail. Say, if it fails, the horses will refuse to smash into the formation and break off just before contact and retreat in a disorganised manner. If the cav force has enough experience, they maybe able to retreat or break off in fornation or something. Also, we should not be able to control a cavalry force one the actual charge has started and we will regain control only when the charge has succeeded or they break off. kinda like how we loose control over a routing unit.
    another thing i hate is that "bracing" for a charge has little to no effect, be it cav vs infantry or infantry vs infantry. I think it's just ridiculous, you always have to counter charge. I feel that, at least, in infantry vs infantry, bracing for a charge should have more significance.

Yeah definitely not looking for help just a pet peeve thread !

And yes it happens to me on stainless steel . All other games are fine . Another pet peeve of mine is auto battles . Now I do stand by a modo . Do not use it . Fight the battles as that's what the games about but let face it some times there just to small of battles or the odds are to much in your favour so you figure ah well I will auto that one ill win anyway . Or so I thought ... I did one auto resolve which I should have clearly won . We're talking the meter all the way blue here , like maybe a few millimetre of red showing and some ing how I had lost it , I lost the auto resolve should have decimated the enemy battle . We're talking , over 2000 heavy armed units against a small garrison of 200 peasants and archer and some god forsaken how they defeated my 2000 man strong force I was in shock and awe , I guess auto battle doesn't like you using it at times . Well f you auto battle . I reloaded auto save and fought the battle and brought Gaza to rubble and the men inside along with it

Don'tcha just hate when the Scots spawn TWO FULL STACKS OF ELITE UNITS in stainless steel and proceed to butt your northern provinces, taking down every unit you've got because you haven't had time or cash enough to upgrade to that level.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper101 View Post
    Don'tcha just hate when the Scots spawn TWO FULL STACKS OF ELITE UNITS in stainless steel and proceed to butt your northern provinces, taking down every unit you've got because you haven't had time or cash enough to upgrade to that level.
    Awe yeah I feel that my friend .. Is this when Wallace shows up ? Those hordes of pikes . God damn that man .. Lol . You know I had successfully bribed Wallace on a few occasions in the game . Even as the English at points scots were all proud and what not and hoorah like ! That a suttle dull awe swooped over the scots as willam was now a turn coat and invading Scotland lol

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by reaper101 View Post
    Don'tcha just hate when the Scots spawn TWO FULL STACKS OF ELITE UNITS in stainless steel and proceed to butt your northern provinces
    Or when your Holy Roman armies are down south fighting in Italy and then a full stack of this lands in the Netherlands;

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Or when your Holy Roman armies are down south fighting in Italy and then a full stack of this lands in the Netherlands;

Yup that would be a teeth grinder . What you do ?

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Speekerofages View Post
    Yup that would be a teeth grinder . What you do ?
    I lost the game, I had no money to spare and the Poles, French and Danes also joined in on the party.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

I hate it when you are so proud of your "advanced units" around turn 20 as all the factions (Armored Sergeants, Mailed Knights, Peasants Crossbowmen) then Sicily shows up with Norman Knights Mounted/Dismounted, Muslim Archers, and a buttload of the armored sergeants that you can only train one at a time....GOD DANG IT.

When a few peasant archers (by few I mean 5 or less) completely breaks the momentum of a heavy cavalry unit (intended to hit another unit) and than in worst case scenario half of your or entire HCU gets "glued" to that peasant unit.