Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 14-years old makes clock, gets arrested

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: 14-years old makes clock, gets arrested

I was initially supporting this guy, but it turns out he made a really suspicious looking thing and now wants a bunch of money. I still believe that the authorities did not handle this correctly, but it seems to me like this entire was planned.. Also his parents, they want to bring Sharia law to the US. them and then them some more.

PostPatriot Acts and zealous Homeland Security, both the Right and the Left presumed it was an overreaction by Neo-cons. But within days, the 1st press conference fell apart(an outright lie it was a school project). Then admission that his dad knew about the invention and proudly drove Ahmed to school, steering the entire event, as well as orchestration by CAIR who are deeply linked with the Muslim Brotherhood and terrorism. All of which I linked with evidence.

Ahmed even admitted to powering it up, demolishing statements about alternative energy, and disrupted class...on purpose. Cooler heads prevailed because that could have caused a stampede due to bomb threat.
    Meanwhile there are often bright Muslim immigrant students in every American Science Fair who get little recognition despite their diligence and discipline.

My first six posts mocked the overreaction, and then a little investigation demonstrated orchestration.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; November 24, 2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    So, death threats are tantamount to claiming $15 million from the already cash-strapped school and city? When you sue a public school and an entire city, you are taking that money directly from the taxpayer, by the way, not some private individual who has wronged you. This little piece of litigation has made me lose any sympathy or respect I still had for the kid, although it's clearly his dad who's the manipulative, greedy puppetmaster in all of this.
    That's literally shooting high. Find me someone that doesn't have a lawyer that does that and expects the court to give lower whether its the form of the jury saying "No this" or the jury agreeing and the judge instead himself going "No this".
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Millions of broke parents are now asking their kids to build clocks, too.

Hope they send the kid and his parents to Guantanamo instead to learn a lesson about fooling people and then trying to milk sympathy points over "we are so oppressed" and now money. They just did huge disservice to decent muslims with this trick, while making everyone who at first believed and supported em seem like total jackasses in the process.

Maybe Obama could weigh in again, he was sure helpful the first time.

Idiot..
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Again: That the family acted dishonesty in that case, does not validate the actions of the police that accused the kid for a faux bomb, when he was always claiming for it to be a clock.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Again: That the family acted dishonesty in that case, does not validate the actions of the police that accused the kid for a faux bomb, when he was always claiming for it to be a clock.
    I think you are adding to the narrative. Its understandable why they would investigate it for being a bomb. This was a set up.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

the next english teacher and school official that wants to call the cops on an ethnic kid's electronics will have a second thought, and so will the next ethnic kid that wants to bring in something that could be mistaken for a threat by aforementioned english teacher or school official. they'll even each other out, maybe the teacher and admin might be out of a job for potentially costing the district money, maybe the case will go nowhere. hopefully we can achieve a balance of safety and fostering creativity in our educational system so that the right calls are made against security threats without terrorizing the rest of the students who are bringing engineering projects that could be mistaken for a bomb by your average english teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I think you are adding to the narrative. Its understandable why they would investigate it for being a bomb. This was a set up.
    Meh, if that's really true then the district holds every bit of the advantage now especially with a number like 15 million being bandied about. The family doesn't want it to make it to trial lest the District get to make their case so they can knock that number way the hell down. Unless that theory is not true to the point a jury can't be convinced. Then if it goes to trial, adversarial court system means District gets to put their side forward and to hell with policy. Unless it wasn't really a setup to the point that case can't be made with evidence as such that the family isn't afraid of it.

So the question is...what's really the narrative and who's really adding to it? Alhoon, you, or both?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Meh, if that's really true then the district holds every bit of the advantage now especially with a number like 15 million being bandied about. The family doesn't want it to make it to trial lest the District get to make their case so they can knock that number way the hell down. Unless that theory is not true to the point a jury can't be convinced. Then if it goes to trial, adversarial court system means District gets to put their side forward and to hell with policy. Unless it wasn't really a setup to the point that case can't be made with evidence as such that the family isn't afraid of it.

So the question is...what's really the narrative and who's really adding to it? Alhoon, you, or both?
    The narrative is this is just a bright kid who was pilloried by racism and because hes a Muslim.

The fact that the kid has had numerous issues in the past and his father is a attention whore didn't seem to factor into this narrative.

My shameful truth.

The narrative is this is just a bright kid who was pilloried by racism and because hes a Muslim.

The fact that the kid has had numerous issues in the past and his father is a attention whore didn't seem to factor into this narrative.
    Except his father probably has zero to do with the case unless the District can demonstrate definitive linkage you seem to think is there. So attention whoring is out. It's about his home project, showing it to a technically educated teacher, a non-technically educated teacher whom they think overreacted, him getting arrested, suspended, and subsequent apparent threats. Of course, should it make it to trial, his record as a student comes out on the school's case because District gets to make their case. Question is, how much does this effect the jury. How much does this effect negotiations. You're not really linking the father to this incident legally except to say that he's the father. Give me something where the Father planned some of this out solidly man. Evidence of this case. Attention whoring previously does not cut it and you should know it.

That is, unless the father is suddenly 16 years old again and going through high school in his son's place. Are we in Science Fiction realms now?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

I don't understand though, why after he never said "it's a bomb" they charged him with making a bomb haux. Making something similar with a bomb and when questioned say "no it's not a bomb" should not lead to "Well, it fooled us! So even if you never claimed it to be a bomb, you should be arrested for making a faux bomb claim! Just denying that this suspicious item is a bomb is not enough."
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I don't understand though, why after he never said "it's a bomb" they charged him with making a bomb haux. Making something similar with a bomb and when questioned say "no it's not a bomb" should not lead to "Well, it fooled us! So even if you never claimed it to be a bomb, you should be arrested for making a faux bomb claim! Just denying that this suspicious item is a bomb is not enough."
    You can arrest anyone for anything and hold them for only so many hours. What you're stating here is why charges were never brought. They couldn't prove jack.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

What? You can arrest anyone for anything without a warrant? That can't be true.

So if X is a policeman and doesn't like Y, he can arrest Y and hold him for a couple of hours on something like "I thought he was planning a murder!" without any proof or warrant?

You might want to read the true treatment of Muslim students at Ahmed's school. I encourage you to read Amena Jamali's heartfelt correspondence in the article.
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...ahmeds-school/
    A Muslim student shared unexpected revelations about the same Texas high school attended by “Clock Boy” Ahmed in documents Breitbart Texas obtained through an open records request. The documents reveal a viewpoint unheard so far because Irving Independent School District officials cannot voice their side of the story due to federal privacy laws connected to the Mohamed family’s not signing a waiver to allow this information to become public.

Amena Jamali, a Muslim female and MacArthur High School’s 2015 valedictorian, reached out to “Mac,” short for MacArthur, family upon reading about Ahmed Mohamed in a truncated article that linked to the Dallas Morning News. The news story retold the Islamophobia victim version of the clock-in-a-box story with Ahmed’s father Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed claiming the arrest happened “…because his name is Mohamed and because of Sept. 11, I think my son got mistreated.” McArthur High School is the school attended by “Clock Boy” Ahmed at the time of the incident.

One of the documents Breitbart Texas obtained is Jamali’s lengthy Oct. 1 email to MacArthur High principal Dan Cummings, which completely dismantles the leftwing attack narrative that Ahmed’s Sept. 14 arrest was racially motivated. Jamali describes the opposite picture, calling “Mac” the place that changed her life, where she felt “respected as a Muslim.” She dubbed Irving ISD a place “that taught pride, accommodated Muslim prayer and dietary needs” and where “students of my religious community, including me, (are granted) two weeks every year to attend a religious ceremony.” Jamali wrote they allowed her to take “a whole month of school off and go for Haj.”

Jamali clearly excelled in the cultural environment at the place she calls “Mac.” Along the way to becoming class valedictorian, she was recognized nationally for her accomplishments. in June, 2013, she travelled with some of her teachers and classmates to New York City where she competed as a finalist in the National Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge. Jamali and her teammate Juan Ramos created a software game named “Better than History.”

In May, 2014, she and Ramos were invited to Washington, D.C., to participate in a science fair competition. The White House said the two teens are “Changing the World through Online Games.”

Now a college student, Jamali acknowledged she did not know first-hand what occurred at MacArthur with Ahmed, then underscored, “…Mac is a place where there is no or very little prejudice.”

She took exception to one-sided news media that “blows the one incidence into a general presumption about Irving ISD…” She told Cummings she considered writing a letter to the Dallas Morning News: “I really do think it’s unfair that such a great school (the best in the world) is spoken of so poorly for a single day, when there were so many more amazing days.”

What? You can arrest anyone for anything without a warrant? That can't be true.

So if X is a policeman and doesn't like Y, he can arrest Y and hold him for a couple of hours on something like "I thought he was planning a murder!" without any proof or warrant?
    Probable cause is not a difficult investigative barrier to breach. Especially not when flying in the face of the principle of in loco parentis and the responsibilities and powers the school district is granted willingly by the parents. Not as difficult as, like, say, reasonable doubt.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    You might want to read the true treatment of Muslim students at Ahmed's school. I encourage you to read Amena Jamali's heartfelt correspondence in the article.
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...ahmeds-school/
    That my friend... is a solid argument for the school. Yes, it seems clear in that that the school respects muslims. I'll edit the first post to put that source in

However, unless there's a similar report from muslims about the local police, I would say they acted that way because of islamophobia.

WHOA

he's a moslem kid
    and he makes a suspicious briefcase bomb thing
    lets invite him to the whitehouse
    not for propaganda reasons or anything