Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1 - Unique Supply System

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1 - Unique Supply System

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Quick question...I'm playing with 40 unit army cap, which means supplies are drained twice as fast. Is there a way to half the supplies units use? I searched through the Lua script, and found the info below that makes Cav use twice as much and elephents five times as much as infantry. I tried editing this myself, but no luck. At least not mid-campaign.

I'm have way through an Imperial campaign, and I think the supply script is crippling the AI with the 40 unit armies ( I also think I need to half the upkeep...but that is another story).

Any help appreciated!

Code from Lua script:
    function army_supply_size(military_force)
    local supply_points = military_force:unit_list():num_items()
    local force = military_force
    for i = 0, force:unit_list():num_items() - 1 do
    local unit = force:unit_list():item_at(i)
    if Unit_Is_in_Unit_List(unit:unit_class(), elephant_class_list) then
    supply_points = supply_points + 4
    end
    if Unit_Is_in_Unit_List(unit:unit_class(), cavalry_class_list) then
    supply_points = supply_points + 1
    end
    end
    return supply_points
    end
    Playing with 41 army-sizes I did increase the values by 1.5x in supply_system_values and it works great.

low_fertile_regions = 30,
    low_fertile_regional_cap = 250,
    normal_regions = 38,
    normal_regional_cap = 300,
    fertile_regions = 45,
    fertile_regional_cap = 350,
    very_fertile_regions = 53,
    very_fertile_regional_cap = 400,
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You could try increasing the supply production in the script/lib/ lib_supply_system_regions file or increasing fertility ratings for regions
    You had the right spot, and there were values that I could half to make them appropriate for 40 units/army. Here are the edited bits:
    -- Player civilized cultures, multiplier per turn army size * multiplier = supply usage per turn
    player_civ_owned_region_base = 0.25,
    player_civ_allied_region = 0.12,
    player_civ_owned_region_foraging = 0.5,
    player_civ_supply_line = 0.1,
    player_civ_foreign_foraging = 0.68,
    player_civ_Baggage_train_turns = 2,
    player_civ_Baggage_train = 0.12,
    player_supply_shift = 0.15,
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    You had the right spot, and there were values that I could half to make them appropriate for 40 units/army. Here are the edited bits:
    -- Player civilized cultures, multiplier per turn army size * multiplier = supply usage per turn
    player_civ_owned_region_base = 0.25,
    player_civ_allied_region = 0.12,
    player_civ_owned_region_foraging = 0.5,
    player_civ_supply_line = 0.1,
    player_civ_foreign_foraging = 0.68,
    player_civ_Baggage_train_turns = 2,
    player_civ_Baggage_train = 0.12,
    player_supply_shift = 0.15,
    Yes you can play around with these values as you like. Important is that there are values for all Campaigns (GC, CiG etc.)and for player and AI for all 3 major supply types (civilized, barbaric and nomadic), you should adapt them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Yes you can play around with these values as you like. Important is that there are values for all Campaigns (GC, CiG etc.)and for player and AI for all 3 major supply types (civilized, barbaric and nomadic), you should adapt them accordingly.
    YES! I did as you said, changing all three major types for both AI and human. I left some items unchanged (turns), but halved all of the supply usage amounts. I've also changed all unit cost and upkeep to 50%. So, in theory a 40 unit campaign will have same balance as a 20 unit campaign, because cost is half and supply is half, but there should be twice as many units. recruiting speed will be slower, relative to larger army size, but that could be a good thing.

Thanks for the help here!
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

I just compiled into a single .pack a sum of different mods which I like and want to add them your supply system from DeI without load entire DeI mod (a superb mod but have some points which don't like). Using PFM I added all tables (.lua one and others in which I found the words ''supply system'') ), but the game now freeze when loading without any message. I suspect the supply system is intrinsecaly related to another tables, maybe the season ones.....Can you tell me what's the chain of tables, please ? It's only for my own personal use. Thanks a lot and god luck with DeI 1.2.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

This is quite amazing, though I wish there's a better indication of how long you have left before the rather massive penalties start hitting .

I feel the current system penalize nomads way too much, maybe I'm missing something here but historically nomads should have a pretty big advantage in terms of logistics as they more or less bring the whole tribe with them (not always, but often.) they really shouldn't suffer food attrition at least on the steppes (maybe except winter. ) no matter where they're at no? and given their starting territories this kinda matters more to them than most factions.

Shouldn't the barbarians in general be able to recoup supplies via raiding?

With the population system also being a thing, I feel maybe the nomads should have a unique baggage train that costs a ton of pop (and a good deal of money.) but is massively powerful, basically letting you be attrition free except for some extreme situations or even being able to regenerate in foreign lands. aka their army functions almost like the attila migrant armies.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

We have increased the fertility rating of the nomad regions in 1.2 and we have made it so their stances don't use food like other factions.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Civis

Hello Team and community
    I have played meny times DEI 1.1 and i always see that the enemy AI factions NEVER get Attrition (no supplies) and other type of attiritions e.x an army is moving through the sea and they stay there for a couple of turns they do not get attrition us i the player.. so i wanna ask:
    Do all those supplys and attritions traits apply only on player and AI sometimes or its a bug ?
    Btw i love this system its more realistic and truthful!

As it says in the guide and the preview, the AI will not suffer attrition as quickly as the player due to the fact that it doesn't understand the supply system. We can't edit the AI in that way.

hi guys.where i can find some deeper manual about mechanics of supply system? i understand basic content of this system, but i want a learn why/where and when something appears or not. thanks

hey, there's a manual for the supply system in one of the sticky threads that should answer most question:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-Guides#R08

i dont understand one thing about food. im playing just few turns as sweboz and have -2F for base barbarian encampent building and 2x -2F for 2 army stacks. no food production buildings at all and have just -3F outcome.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

There are other bonuses. Province bonuses could also add to your food.

Also there is a base food production at low Imp levels. Open politics screen and mouse over the Imp bar, then you should see it.

There are also imperium bonuses to help smaller factions get on their feet.

Food is separate from the supply system, though, so not sure why this post is here

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Will there be a submod to disable the new system?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There is for a long time. But I see no point in using it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

The supply system has been in DeI for quite a while now.

If you read the supply system manual, you'll see on page 28 a guide to disabling the supply system.

Supply system has been in the mod for over a year now. There is an official submod to disable it if you really want to - I don't see why you would, though

I am going to close this thread. Its confusing to people apparently. If you have feedback or issues regarding the supply system, please use the feedback/bug reports thread. Thanks.