Thread: muh unit triangles

Double A's Avatar person man

Default muh unit triangles

Right, so everyone knows infantry murders cavalry murders artillery murders infantry. But what about the various types of infantry? Rifles beat muskets. Do muskets beat Kebab and Indian melee deathblobs? Do melee deathblobs beat rifles?

Basically I'm asking how in the hell do I kill the four Mughal stacks outside Hyderabad in my game without having to throw more than one of my own stacks at it. Melee units in this game just keep coming back, no matter how many times I get them to rout. They're basically zombies. Sometimes they'll even regain their morale when my cavalry are nearby or murdering some of their friends, and things go very bad from there.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Default Re: muh unit triangles

Make sure you have some light cavalry to chase down routers. That's when you inflict real casualties. Also, make sure units are 'shattered' before you leave them. Then they won't rally.

The AI units are not humans on the battlefield, they are...well AI. They will regroup as there stats allow them. As above, make sure you ave cavlary to keep routing units running and if u dont have cav, move infantry in with bayonets. Chances are they are low on morale already

Rake
    “flaming javelins.”

~ Adolf Hitler, Berlin 1945, when asked how to hold off the Russians

I build 19 line infantry and lead them with a general. Even arty armies suffer to my horde of prussian elites. And against melee blobs, one discharge while they charge in then the rest of the line shoots as well. Im playing Darthmod, but the idea is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

spam light dragoons and autoresolve
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Light Dragoons, howitzers with quicklime, foot artillery with shrapnel shots and then some line infantry.
    Use the artillery to break them, light dragoons to chase them down and the line infantry to protect your artillery from those units that manages to penetrate your artillery fire.
    Once you got the first army routing, their reinforcements will start to arrive so be on the look out for that and consider to dedicate on of the cannon batteries to round shot fire
    on the arriving reinforcements. Obviously choose your angel of attack wisely since you don't want the enemy reinforcements to arrive on your flank or in you rear.
    Preferable not to far from the rear battlefield limit, since it will go faster to replace those line infantry regiments that runs out of ammo.
    You might need a second stack though since there is risk that the line infantry regiments will run out of ammo.

Also remember that the enemy reinforcements will only arrive one at the time and that there can never been more then 20 enemy units on the battle field.
    Finally be careful with the artillery fire orders so you don't accidentally expose your cavalry to friendly fire.