Thread: a few peculiarities...

Default a few peculiarities...

I really love this mod. Just curious about a few things, and haven't seen them mentioned.

1. time moves much slower (which I like), but events happen 'on-schedule', so the New World is discovered in the 1200s

2. map shows New World before its discovery

3. it seems like every time a new turn begins and a faction's leader has died, several of them die at the same time (every time)

4. I got a pop-up about trying to sabotage or conquer the city where the Hanseatic League HQ is located. however, despite sending spies to the few cities that I don't already possess, I cannot locate it. is it actually out there, or is this some kind of wild goose chase?

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Default Re: a few peculiarities...

Quote Originally Posted by blodhemn View Post
    I really love this mod. Just curious about a few things, and haven't seen them mentioned.

1. time moves much slower (which I like), but events happen 'on-schedule', so the New World is discovered in the 1200s
    You could easily mod the date.
    2. map shows New World before its discovery
    I have no idea what you mean here.
    3. it seems like every time a new turn begins and a faction's leader has died, several of them die at the same time (every time)
    This sound strange to me.
    4. I got a pop-up about trying to sabotage or conquer the city where the Hanseatic League HQ is located. however, despite sending spies to the few cities that I don't already possess, I cannot locate it. is it actually out there, or is this some kind of wild goose chase?
    Hanseatic HQ can only be built in one settlement. If it's there, you should be able to see it with your spy.
    if you continue encountering strange bugs, try re-installing the mod. Best of luck.

P.S. Glad that you like the KGCM. Enjoy

Default Re: a few peculiarities...

Still playing this, but forgot to come back to this thread. Anyway, yeah, down at the bottom left corner, where the small version of the map is, the New World is visible from the very beginning of the game, as opposed to in the vanilla where it only starts to be visible when you're able to travel across the Atlantic. It's not a huge deal, but kind of lame to see Florida and such, hundreds of years before I'm supposed to.

Also, still have those frequent occurrences at the beginning of a turn where I'll get the notice of several kings dying all at the same time, like at least three all together. Very strange, but nothing that really matters.

I still wish there was a Swedish faction, or at least that the Timurid invasion happened like in vanilla. The end of the game is quite anti-climactic without such a thing to look forward to.