Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump wages online war on the Club for Growth

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Donald Trump wages online war on the Club for Growth

This right here folks is why a showdown between Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders (once the primaries are finished and they are both victorious in their respective parties, of course) would be very interesting indeed for 2016.

Club for Growth Steps Up Fight With Donald Trump

For your consideration and to follow up this article, here is the full letter sent to Donald Trump's campaign manager from the president of the Club for Growth, asking for a $1 million dollar donation, as revealed by Donald Trump on his Twitter page.

Back in 2008, John McCain prided himself as some sort of political "maverick" who did things his own way and was unlike all the other senators and lawmakers in Washington. That's laughable in hindsight seeing the unstoppable psychological id and ego of Donald Trump unfolding in news bits every week and how he bites back at fellow conservatives just as hard as he attacks liberals. There truly is no off switch with Donald Trump, who's already insanely rich and beholden to no one but himself and his hairdo. It is quite remarkable indeed when any Republican candidate gleefully lashes out at the Club for Growth. For anyone who doesn't already know, they are the nation's leading political action committee for endorsing and financially supporting candidates who strictly tow their corporate-friendly line of low income taxes, repeal of estate taxes, limited government, and deregulation of financial markets. It should come as no surprise that these candidates almost exclusively belong to the Republican party, and their campaigns are made or broken by an endorsement or stiff opposition put up by such political action committees who can drown the political arena with favorable or disparaging ads.

There's only one problem: their ads aren't going to take down the mighty hairdo that is Donald Trump.

Not only is Trump just generally entertaining with his unfiltered billionaire bluster, outrageous racial comments, old-school sexist comments, and completely confrontational personality, he's also generally viewed as a political outsider. That's precisely why many Republicans are flocking to his battle standard; they are tired of the career politicians. We Americans also eat up confidence and firm unshakable resolve, two things that Donald Trump has in spades. Similarly, Democrats are increasingly siding with Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton in the latest opinion polls in key battleground states like Iowa and New Hampshire. They generally see Hillary Clinton as carrying a lot of political baggage spanning back to the era of her husband's presidency. Bernie doesn't have these sorts of problems since, much like Donald Trump, he's considered a political outsider despite serving in the US Senate for almost a decade and previously serving as a House Rep from Vermont since 1991. Although he doesn't have Trump's bluster, Bernie knows how to rock the boat with revolutionary rhetoric (that has, up until now, been scoffed at by the mainstream press).

Donald Trump has been a nonstop source of amusement since he announced his candidacy back in June, but if this fight with the Club for Growth is any measure by which to judge his future presidential campaign, then get ready for the fireworks, folks. Trump and Sanders are going to metaphorically take turns with baseball bats whacking the "Beltway" conventional wisdom until it is hospitalized and put into a permanent coma.

Default Re: Donald Trump wages online war on the Club for Growth

Trump also took a swipe at the Koch Brothers Super-PAC, which summons potential Republican candidates for audition at a meeting in SoCal.

I wish good luck to all of the Republican candidates that traveled to California to beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers. Puppets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Trump also took a swipe at the Koch Brothers Super-PAC, which summons potential Republican candidates for audition at a meeting in SoCal.
    Nice; he called them puppets, and rightfully so. Next he'll probably call the other candidates rapist drug-dealing Mexican losers. I can't wait!

This is how Trump would exercise his executive powers on day one in the White House:

If Trump actually does get elected as President, he'd have to govern through executive orders.

Assuming he was married to his campaign promises and platform, and not divorce it like his other wives once he got bored or through with them.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If Trump actually does get elected as President, he'd have to govern through executive orders.

Assuming he was married to his campaign promises and platform, and not divorce it like his other wives once he got bored or through with them.
    Some Congressmen have vociferously complained about Obama's use of executive orders, even though they could get off their lazy rears and start making legislation that would do otherwise and counteract them. Just imagine how much they would whine and moan about Donald Trump. Honestly, if Trump becomes president, he'll probably make Bill Clinton's sex scandal look like child's play too. Given his age, he'll be something akin to Silvio Berlusconi.

Party on, bro.

And just like the failed impeachment of Bill Clinton over Monica Lewinski, just imagine the hypothetical impeachment proceedings in Congress for Trump. It would be the crowing crescendo event in the long circus of Trump's political career. You think paranoid old Nixon went hard after his enemies, abusing his executive authority while doing so? Trump won't just browbeat the press and provocateurs; he'll sue them too! It's funny how the Republican party, which for a while now has railed against frivolous lawsuits, might just elect a guy who is renowned for initiating frivolous lawsuits. Remember the one he lodged against Bill Maher for saying bad things about his mother?

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I can totally see Trump as President now. A presidential profile if there ever was one
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Trump famously gave enormous sums to the Clintons, isn't a Conservative, is resorting to demagoguery, and even when RIGHT in conclusions is wrong in logic,decorum, and lacks class.

How is he truly a Republican? Because he now sees a chance at shameless self-promotion?

I would not be surprised by the unstoppable juggernaut of Trump/Carson versus the laughable Hilary who's mentioned rascal Bill as VP.

Else Uncle "Creepy" insane Biden who infamously plagiarized. He's a walking erection.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; September 16, 2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: added a link about plagerism

I don't see how Jeb bush could claim to be a conservative. Trump is claiming club for growth is going after him because they asked for a million dollars and he said no.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I don't see how Jeb bush could claim to be a conservative. Trump is claiming club for growth is going after him because they asked for a million dollars and he said no.
    The Club for Growth's biggest mistake was thinking they could get into a name-calling war on Twitter with Donald Trump and win that fight. Backpedal, backpedal, backpedal, backpedal!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

CAN'T
    STUMP
    THE
    TRUMP

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Trump famously gave enormous sums to the Clintons, isn't a Conservative, is resorting to demagoguery, and even when RIGHT in conclusions is wrong in logic,decorum, and lacks class.
    what are the right conclusions and how are they going to be carried out?

I would not be surprised by the unstoppable juggernaut of Trump/Carson versus the laughable Hilary who's mentioned rascal Bill as VP.
    yay!! "prisoners of war are not heroes, Mexicans are rapists" Trump and "you go into prison straight, you come out gay, that's how gay works" Carson. except that Trump already talked crap about Carson, so if anybody were to be attached to Trump it would be Ted Cruz. Cruz and Trump seem to be in an amorous relationship.

Actions speak louder than words.
    Hillary's actions have shown that she is unbelievably corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Actions speak louder than words.
    Hillary's actions have shown that she is unbelievably corrupt
    um ok

Trump of course being known as an honest and upright citizen.

Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    what are the right conclusions and how are they going to be carried out?

yay!! "prisoners of war are not heroes, Mexicans are rapists" Trump and "you go into prison straight, you come out gay, that's how gay works" Carson. except that Trump already talked crap about Carson, so if anybody were to be attached to Trump it would be Ted Cruz. Cruz and Trump seem to be in an amorous relationship.
    Tell you what, create a specific topic with evidence and I'll engage you. But not in the Mudpit which is specific by definition.

I heard mexican drug cartels hate him and already have a bounty on his head; Russia warns Trump of assassination plot coming from middle east due to challenge to status quo:

http://www.latintimes.com/joaquin-el...donalds-345206

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/mexi...-donald-trump/

http://www.truthandaction.org/russia...nation-plot/2/
    Last edited by fkizz; November 05, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    I heard mexican drug cartels hate him and already have a bounty on his head; Russia warns Trump of assassination plot coming from middle east due to challenge to status quo:

http://www.latintimes.com/joaquin-el...donalds-345206

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/mexi...-donald-trump/

http://www.truthandaction.org/russia...nation-plot/2/
    Somehow I get the feeling that, much like how Repbulican primary challengers are attacking their fellow nominee Donald Trump, so too are these external enemies of the US, in order to garner some greater attention in a publicity stunt. Donald Trump truly is that black hole that sucks in all the energy and light in the room. Must be the hairdo. On the side of the Democrats, if you discount Hillary (who admittedly has a signature cropped hairdo but isn't very flashy), there's of course Bernie Sanders, whose ruffled, somewhat lack of hair has become a hairdo phenomenon. Suprisingly, seeing how he's Jewish, I haven't heard of any Middle Eastern terrorist plot to assassinate him (in a lazy gesture of associating him with Israel, naturally).

Must be because Trump has much better name recognition abroad, of course.

@Roma Vitrix

This kind of relaxation/not caring towards the idea of getting any potential President assassinated again leaves anyone in NATO and West uneasy about state of USA democratic health and leadership.

Wasn't one of Russia's objectives to discredit USA authority in NATO and West?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

What exactly does "democratic health" mean? I've never heard anyone use that phrase before. Am I missing something here?

I can guarantee you that Trump takes such threats very seriously. He's rich as hell, so naturally he's got some sort of hired muscle and protection around him already. In fact we've already kind of seen them in action, if I remember correctly, when he had a journalist tossed out of a meeting when he was asking Trump about his statements regarding Mexicans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast