Thread: Recommended Difficulty?

Default Recommended Difficulty?

Good Evening,
    I just signed up for this site yesterday (I've been a lurker since Empire, but I wasn't able to join until now). I'm here now to ask you fine gentlemen (or women) a question. What campaign/battle difficulty settings do you recommend for Rome II? I ask because I know that most of the Total War games have a certain difficulty level that is generally seen as being the most "fair" (player does not get a huge advantage, but the computer doesn't cheat massively either). For the original Rome, I believe it was medium battle/very hard campaign. Does a standard like this exist for this game as well, or is it more up to personal skill level? I've got about 30 hours with the game so far, anad I feel that my skill level is probably somwhere around "intermediate". Any and all help is welcome.

P.S. Please excuse any spelling/grammar errors. I'm sick right now, so I'm not fully "awake", so to speak.

Default Re: Recommended Difficulty?

I always play on hard/hard no matter what game I'm playing. From my experience when you play on very hard or even legendary, you get this artificial challange which is completly unrealistic and boring. Not only the AI gets massive bonuses, their units, when in battle, simply won't break unless there are two or three soldiers left. Yes, it's true the humans are smarter and unpredicatble but non the less it's not fun at all. Total war games would be more interesting if the AI would be making better decisions and generaly be better at what they are doing on harder difficulty levels. Unfortunately they only get more money and more everything.

Thanks! Since no one esle posted, I think I'll take your advice and role with "Hard/Hard". Based on previous Total War titles, this seems to be the ideal setting for players who are "good but not that good".

Probably the best, at least in my opinion.

Hi!
    I played a lot of stainless steel on hard/hard. In rome 2 I would like to have the campaign a little easier but the battles just as challenging. So which difficulty do you suggest me to tak?

You can adjust the battle difficulty after starting your campaign in the game options. It's weird that it's not explained anywhere - I didn't know it for a quite a while as well.
    So you can, e.g., start your campaign on medium and then set the battle difficulty on very hard.

What AI are you using for Stainless Steel?

If you know what you're doing, you can probably easily play hard/very hard on the campaign map as well, depending on your starting faction.
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

What AI are you using for Stainless Steel?

I am using the default AI I think...

How difficult is "hard" difficulty compared to Stainless Steel?

Please some advice!!!

No effort yourself, no answer. go google it or play it son.