Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] Petellius's Video Previews - Naval combat video 1/29

Default [VIDEO] Petellius's Video Previews - Naval combat video 1/29

Here are my Video Previews for Ancient Empires!

Thanks for your time. I hope you enjoy both the mod and the videos.

Also can I be cheeky and ask for a little bit of YouTube support... o.0

Thanks,
    Petellius
    Last edited by Petellius; November 10, 2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Default Re: AI Overhaul for AE Attila

Ignore
    Last edited by Petellius; September 07, 2015 at 05:15 PM.

Wait, actual BAI modding? That's fantastic!

Can't say I love the AI's constant use of wedge formation, but the rest is unbelievable. Can't wait to see what you do with this next!

Ammm videos??!!!

Can't say I love the AI's constant use of wedge formation, but the rest is unbelievable. Can't wait to see what you do with this next!
    The AI is why we can't have nice things...

Yeah, the BAI is always the limiting factor for battle mods, but it's a huge step forward, even just being able to force the AI to hold units in reserve like that.

I can easily remove the wedges. But it kinda sucks for the player as they looks sooo awesome as with the new animations they actually manage to split units in half when used properly.

Default Re: [Preview] Petellius's Video Updates and Previews

Groundbreaking, absolutely groundbreaking!

Like previous said I dont like the infantrywedge and would rather not have it ingame. Other than that this is amazing! I subscribed to see what more you will show in the future

Is it possible to run charge or do units only walk charge now?
    Could you use the new barbarian charge animaitons from DEI 1.1 in Ancient empires?

Fantastic work

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    Is it possible to run charge or do units only walk charge now?
    Could you use the new barbarian charge animaitons from DEI 1.1 in Ancient empires?

Fantastic work
    Yes units still run charge. Its only the specific types of units that are the heavy formed infantry that walk slowly (basically any heavy infantry that it normally romanized) some units have the same walking and running animations but a bit faster and then do a running charge.

On the Barbarian charges Ritter stole that from me xD (well I told him to try it), while they also warcry when stationary. He did the same with the new archer animations which I will be using for the light skirmish archers and hunter units like the Gallic Hunters seen in Rome 2.

I would put it more like - we are working with Ritter/DeI on the animation side of things and sharing ideas already. Ritter really is the one who made these breakthroughs, we've added ideas and he has taught us how to do it. It's one of the nice advantages of working with DeI.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    I would put it more like - we are working with Ritter/DeI on the animation side of things and sharing ideas already. Ritter really is the one who made these breakthroughs, we've added ideas and he has taught us how to do it. It's one of the nice advantages of working with DeI.
    I only meant it in a comedic way, we very often share our ideas and the animations being developed for both teams have been very much enhanced due to the constant collaboration me and Ritter do.

Well done guys, This will make battles really different.. Me too don't like the infantry wedge but hey it's a start.

So it's also possible to have different races like: Barbarians/Romans/eastern/greeks all have different formation setups and attacks? so you really feel you fight a different faction.

Did you also test with artillery to see how the AI react with that and use and defend it right, Oh one more thing you also need to test with reforcing army,s and how that plays out!

Keep on testing and tweaking and you really got something here! More video,s about your progress would always be GOOD!
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Decanus

I believe it. Those battle lines look very realistic and I love the cumbersome heavy infantry behavior. Realism actually plays very well - I could never go back to the arcade style game play that Rome 2 was at launch and, unfortunately, which Attila is now in its current state. Vanilla Attila can be intense but the draw backs are too many.

Agreed. Once I started modding my own battles I could never play anything but them.

I've noticed a lot of people have only watched the first video and I would honestly say that the second one is more impressive. The test actually showed off the AI's capabilities a lot better.
    Last edited by Petellius; September 08, 2015 at 06:51 AM.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Flip em round
    AE Dev, mainly units

I guess xD

seen the videos,something not convinced in combat mechanics of the mod.
    see the formations too rigid and few flexible,too gridded and slow moving,It seems phalanx,including the roman units.
    then in full melee, the formations are not deformed, they maintain their formation of an unreal way.
    it should eliminate this rigidity and slow formations.
    the arrow formations for infantry are horrible and not historical and should be eliminated.
    hopefully improve this aspect and the battle realism, historicity and immersion.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; September 08, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

hi

Great job but there are somes points which must be reviewed:

-It's very pity not to have combat in formation like DeI. Romans and somes units fight in formation... can you reintroduice combat in formation plz?
    - Charges are not violents.... in ancient times, charges was devastating ... But here, it seems that the soldiers are just touching, like flicking...
    -No pilums launched by the Romans to disrupt the charges ?? Very strange! As yet, it was one of their tactics ...
    -Not many fighting animation ... It's good to want to make a realistic game but do not completely remove. A little beauty in the fight ...

But great job
    Last edited by Farrell; September 08, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

the arrow formations for infantry are horrible and not historical and should be eliminated.
    I do try to be polite, but this one will always rankle me. When people throw around that word - historical - and they have no clue what they're talking about. The Roman use of infantry wedges is attested by a number of sources. Their is even evidence they employed it against Perseus at Pydna against the Macedonian phalanx.

The issue with the infantry wedge is the BAI overusing it - not that it didn't or shouldn't exist in game.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast