Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomon 18, My maps / projects

Laetus

Default Re: Doomon 18, My maps / projects

I mean, emperor diocletian is in his palace wich is besieged. Now he has to defend it inclusive of the near area (maybe the Whole city?). This idea is unique and not an usually map.

This mod is set 500 years before Diocletian was born.

Laetus

He said he is "just" like a third party Member who likes to make maps. And that would be a great map

Laetus

He said he is "just" like a third party Member who likes to make maps (maybe not only in early times wich are before the late antiquity began). And that would be a great map

This mod is set 500 years before Diocletian was born.
    Doomon kind of just makes what he feels like. He's an independent modder, which may not be clear since he's posting in our forum. Some of his maps are earlier and great for us, some later. For my part, I'm just happy to see a modder making use of the tools and if the traffic in our forum can draw attention to his awesome work, I'm happy about that.

I really wish more modders would make use of the map tools. The more modders do with them, the more likely CA is to provide them in the future. If modders don't use them, they have a a pretty realistic excuse not to provide them. What Doomon is doing is very important whether everyone realizes it or not.

Of course, it also helps our mod as he's kind enough to let us use his work. And we lack the manpower on our own at this point to do heavy modding in this area. It's time consuming and complex. A person really has to put time into it to get as good as Doomon is already.

Just saw your Pergamon and...WOW! It looks awesome for a polished final product, let alone a first release. I'm really hoping CA gets their act together with the custom map bugs, because I can't wait to get some battles going in this map. Excellent work, Doomon18, and applause for MathemedicUpdates for giving your maps that cinematic feeling in the previews!

These look great! Keep up the good work.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

New map by Doomon, I'm super excited.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Wow! Man I can't wait until you guys get this mod released, wish I had more time to test and help, but work and other things swamped me.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    New map by Doomon, I'm super excited.
    How dare you tempt us with the New City in all its glory? It's so unfair that you just show us a masterpiece in progress and then disappear. How rude!

Muhahahaha

i cant see it.. why?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Can these maps be used on campaign? Personally, I think Ancient Empires will be more than Rome 2 ever was. Rome 2 is ing ... Never meant to be more than beta. I've had enough of it. I'm waiting for this mod to see I'm proven right. + rep Doomon18
    Last edited by Hoplite of Ilis; December 11, 2015 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Can these maps be used on campaign? Personally, I think Ancient Empires will be more than Rome 2 ever was. Rome 2 is ing ... Never meant to be more than beta. I've had enough of it. I'm waiting for this mod to see I'm proven right. + rep Doomon18
    We aren't sure yet, Ted needs support from CA so it works properly and maybe even a tutorial, but so far we have nothing and Doomon is getting rather frustrated about the amount of things that don't work, like siege AI nodes or beach landings or siege towers or bastion artillery or importing them to the campaign... you get the idea.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    We aren't sure yet, Ted needs support from CA so it works properly and maybe even a tutorial, but so far we have nothing and Doomon is getting rather frustrated about the amount of things that don't work, like siege AI nodes or beach landings or siege towers or bastion artillery or importing them to the campaign... you get the idea.
    Right... So, even the tools don't work. I now realize the depth of "work" from CA.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

On a plus note, Carthage is finished!!!!!!

Doomon's updated the map, it is epic!

CA's also fixing up a few details with Terry and Ted, so that is also awesome news, I think he's got still some work to add logic in apparently.

Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 14, 2016 at 09:06 AM.

Wooow!!!! Great job! This Ancient City looks so vivid and so amazing!

enough said.

Looks better than Rome 2's Carthage in my opinion. Is the back of the city (behind the port) and the second level below the acropolis open for soldier movement?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaronFlyer View Post
    Looks better than Rome 2's Carthage in my opinion. Is the back of the city (behind the port) and the second level below the acropolis open for soldier movement?
    All of it is, even the acropolis (I hope, its experiencing some problems right now but should work )