Thread: Looking for a challenge !

Default Looking for a challenge !

Hi guys ! I have recently gone back to SS 6.4. Saw somewhere that a Byzzy late era campaign is a challenge and tried that and I am not that satisfied. Alredy turn 70 and getting boring.
    I play VH/VH only with Savage AI and RR on (although this is quite annoying and am thinking of turning it off, it makes you wait boring amount of time to get to play with some of your own units ).

I would be grateful if someone share his most challenging campaign ! I will be sure to try it out !

Have a great day !

Default Re: Looking for a challenge !

Quote Originally Posted by Jigera View Post
    Hi guys ! I have recently gone back to SS 6.4. Saw somewhere that a Byzzy late era campaign is a challenge and tried that and I am not that satisfied. Alredy turn 70 and getting boring.
    I play VH/VH only with Savage AI and RR on (although this is quite annoying and am thinking of turning it off, it makes you wait boring amount of time to get to play with some of your own units ).

I would be grateful if someone share his most challenging campaign ! I will be sure to try it out !

Have a great day !
    If a late area Byzantine campaign on VH/VH isn't challenging for you, I'm not sure what else can. Perhaps a late area Kwarezmian campaign? Didn't try it myself yet, but from what I read it is quite challenging with the Mongols at your doorstep from turn 1.

Try SS 6.4 + Byg Grim V, even a campaign with a faction easy to rule can get a challange.

a few options
    1) BGV, its tough as hell and youre playing nearly a new game, personally i find it a little tedious
    2) House rules, pick a faction and make House rules
    3)late era K shah if youre a masochist
    4) Teutonic order is fun too. Expect the same kind of starting position as the byzantines but add in the fact all your troops have massive upkeep and your cities make no money.

I wish it was possible to do a "single territory" campaign, where you either reduce yourself to a single territory (castle or city, your choice) or keep/maintain only your starting territories and then play out a campaign in full where economics, diplomacy, helping your allies (or temporarily allying with a faction to "help" them in a war) is priority, rather than building a massive empire. I've tried doing this with Scotland a couple times, due to their isolated position and having to only worry about England (and sometimes Norway), mainly because I wanted to do a "spectator" game and watch how the AI plays out, but the royal family dies out within 60-70 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphractos View Post
    I wish it was possible to do a "single territory" campaign, where you either reduce yourself to a single territory (castle or city, your choice) or keep/maintain only your starting territories and then play out a campaign in full where economics, diplomacy, helping your allies (or temporarily allying with a faction to "help" them in a war) is priority, rather than building a massive empire. I've tried doing this with Scotland a couple times, due to their isolated position and having to only worry about England (and sometimes Norway), mainly because I wanted to do a "spectator" game and watch how the AI plays out, but the royal family dies out within 60-70 turns.
    Try the royal ladies submod, it'll let you train princesses which should help keep your family line intact.

Play late era campaign as a small catholic faction and move to the holy lands. Simply call a crusade as soon as possible and join with all your forces. Make sure to capture some turkish settlements before the crusade ends and sell all your "home" territories. You will have a hard time defending yourself against overhelming turkish/fatimid hordes and after you defeated them the mongols knocking at your door, ready to invade. I always have lots of fun doing that

Try 1450 Byzantine campaign on Stainless Steel 6.2
    [CW] Zero Kelvin [in progress]
    [MTW2 SS] Weder heilig noch Römisch [on a ridiculously long hiatus]
    [RTW RS] My dearest Clymene [a single-chapter commemoration]
    [RTW RS] The enemy of my enemy [suspended]
    [MTW2 SS] Snakes in the sands [suspended]
    [MTW2 SS] Omnes viae Romam ducunt [suspended]

Quote Originally Posted by Yeepeep View Post
    Try 1450 Byzantine campaign on Stainless Steel 6.2
    Or the 1450 campaign for SS 6.4 - Crusader States or Sicily: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-for-6-4

and especially: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13626715