Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fear the walking Dead: TV series

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fear the walking Dead: TV series

They have people there, well Strand and Carlos do.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

I have the feeling Strand just don't trust strangers, he also do not want extra mouth to feed.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Man, that pregnant girl was a from the start. You don't steal another person's steak. I hope she gets blasted.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Blog Entries

Well that's one win against an overwhelming force of murderous baddies. Though the girl from the raft is in another 10 or so episodes so I guess that's not the end of them.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

A couple of episodes into the third season , and I am liking it, unlike the previous seasons. Seems like this season is a bit grittier then the previous two , a bit more serious and nasty. A couple of interesting questions have been answered so far , like how do wild dogs fare during the zombie apocalypse (not that well it seems) or what effect would a global zombie-outbreak have on a narco cartel in Juarez (turns them into weak pussies apparently).

Just finished the bit were Travis is realizing his son is waaaaaaay more badass.(the scene with the chickens) Pretty unexpected. I didn't realize the son was so deeply lost to the dark side. You could probably argue that he is 'turning into a survivor'. I'm looking forward to see this one develop. I'm not expecting some kinda Rick-Karl father-son bond. Chris seems to be much more of a loose cannon and not quite right in the head compared to Karl.

Anyone else watching?
    Last edited by LaMuerte; September 19, 2016 at 12:00 PM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Anyone else watching?
    Yes. Two things:
    It seems that Mexicans are rather more intelligent than their northern neighbors.
    That Alycia Debnam Carey is as beautiful as bad actress

I only appreciate Daniel Salazar in that serie, its the only character that aroused my curiosity, because he has an interesting, dramatic and violent background, and once the beginning, he's fully aware of hardness of reality. Other I just wanted them to be eaten by zombies. Maybe not Daniel's daughter though; nice woman .

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

I'd say that the Mexicans in this series are more pragmatic. They know how to stretch their resources, make do, and do without. They also seem to be more accustomed to violence. Killing a zombie isn't that traumatic for people who are used to pre-outbreak cartel killings.

By the way, I think the older American woman who stabbed Victor is going to cause a LOT more damage before the group finally decides to throw her out. She struck me as a painfully nervous woman in the wedding flashback, and that was just as the outbreak started. She's a hopeless case now and a danger to everyone else.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I just caught up with the finale (it took me over a month which tells you how I feel about this show) and I'm ready to clock out of this show. The first half of this season was actually fine. I liked when they were on the boat and it was a new adventure every week, but then they got to Mexico and the storytelling just became and boring. Dunno what happened.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't give up just yet. One of things TWD ignored was the involvement of the military, it looks like FTWD might redress that. Hopefully more convincingly than they did before.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 08, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries

So this is back and they haven't simply carried on from last season (the big military(?) camp). This show managed to not be as cliché (or silly) as TWD, hopefully they will keep that going.. First episode is very different...

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    So this is back and they haven't simply carried on from last season (the big military(?) camp). This show managed to not be as cliché (or silly) as TWD, hopefully they will keep that going.. First episode is very different...
    A big military camp? Have you not skipped a season?

Anyway, was a pretty cool premier. But they could have showed more of the actual original FTWD characters. Dont how they are doing it, but it is just better than the latest TWD, even actually started like Morgan again...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    A big military camp? Have you not skipped a season?

Anyway, was a pretty cool premier. But they could have showed more of the actual original FTWD characters. Dont how they are doing it, but it is just better than the latest TWD, even actually started like Morgan again...
    You know I think I did miss some episodes.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, sounds like you have missed the entire 3rd season. If that is the case, I recommend you to watch that. Season 1 and first half of season 2 were pretty average (tho, so were the first season of TWD...), but second half of season 2, and then especially Season 3 were amazing, way better than we have seen in the latest seasons of TWD...

Tho, does anyone know how much time has actually passed in TWD since the beginning of the apocalypse? Like two years or so? in the first 3 seasons of FTWD we have like seen about a half year, maybe even less? So it means between season 3 and 4 we have at least a 1,5 year time jump to catch up with TWD? Making me even more sad we have seen like 10 seconds of FTWD characters in this episode... But at least we now have confirmed everyone have survived the FTWD finale (tho we have seen them all in trailer anyway I think). Wondering if we see those two natives again ... (cant remember their names ).
    Last edited by Jadli; April 17, 2018 at 02:17 AM.

Blog Entries

I missed the last three episodes...

The same time has passed in both series, we know this because Morgan is now in FtWD. There is no accurate way to judge time. However, Judith was born in season 3 and is probably Shane’s. But Rick and Lori are reunited in season 1. (So season 1-2 only cover a few months) she looks about 5yo.. So roughly 5 years has passed in the show, 7.5-ish years in real life...

Blog Entries

First chapter of Fear the walking dead season 4 has been the best The walking dead episode in a long time.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Didn't like this first episode at all. Simply too much stupidity going on. Baddies spawning right next to characters outside the camera angle, the silly despatching of zombies with pen knives (hint: if your blade is 5cm long , don't stab your zombie in the chin with an upwards motion, 'coz your blade won't reach the brain), that silly combat-deus-ex-machina-vehicle (how much bullet do you waste on a zombie/how does she even aim), terrible pacing (get captured,then saved,then ambushed, then shootout, then best friends all within a few hours of meeting your first person in more than a year, then get ambushed again)

A couple of days ago I saw this French zombie movie(les affamés) which reminded me of how it should be done : Some of the scenes are so intense you feel the fear right in your gut. And if you pose yourself a why or a how question while watching it, you can always come up with a reasonable answer. Can't say the same for this first FTWD episode.

Blog Entries

If you take it as a television show and not as a preparation course for the zombie apocalypse you will enjoy it. If they also leave behind tons of stupid emotional tension (TWD), I can only say hallelujah.

Blog Entries

Another good episode this week. Much as the 'group - kills - group' trope was over done in TWD, FtWD seems to build up better and feels more realistic. Also, how easy it is to distract the dead with sound is something this show takes for granted while TWD still hasn't thought of it (apart from Egene's drone/ipod). A guy on a bicycle, a BIKE, and some music can lead away even a fairly large number of walkers.. Why aren't bikes a major thing in the zombie apocalypse.

Gaming Emeritus

Seriously, what?! (heavy spoilers obv) I want back lazy coward scenarists from TWD . This was even way more unexpected, sadder and unjust than when Travis died (and that already was totally unexpected)...

And like this? When he basically died as a result of what happened in past, which we dont know what it was, as it is yet to be revealed in the flashbacks. Interesting story telling choice... Tho, that thing seems to be that Madison died due to that guy, but on the other hand everybody thinks that now, so I suppose she is alive... If she is not though, only two characters from season 1 are alive, and its only season 4?

Also, seems FTWD now has their own Olly
    Last edited by Jadli; April 30, 2018 at 03:53 PM.