0 0%
  • Regular

0 0%
  • Good

7 63.64%
  • Excellent

4 36.36%

Thread: The Eastern Dwarves.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default The Eastern Dwarves.

Thanks for everyone for the replies.

The books are already available for pre order and the website is out.

Cheers.

www.theeasterndwarfs.com
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; February 13, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: The Eastern Dwarves.

I don't know about translation, but chapter one is really good written.

"By my Beard !! .. l like it !"

We need more LOTR side stories, desert atm.

you'll need to get an artist to draw up some dwarf sketches, put those images in your mind on paper.
    Last edited by Rorarii; September 01, 2015 at 08:03 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Personally do not like the accent being so expressive, but good writing nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Personally do not like the accent being so expressive, but good writing nonetheless

Yes I decided to go back to no accent at all.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice story! Feel the same way about the accent as Marius^^

REMOVED.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 10, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

It was good but you will have to go with inspired.(see the Mithgar series) If you try and publish a book set in Middle Earth you will be sued by the Tolkien estate.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    It was good but you will have to go with inspired.(see the Mithgar series) If you try and publish a book set in Middle Earth you will be sued by the Tolkien estate.

who told you about quoting middle earth or any other name created by Tolkien?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    who told you about quoting middle earth or any other name created by Tolkien?

Hi guys. I'm planning to write my own book inspired/based in LOTR/Middle Earth universe.

The bolded part from your OP. It sounds like you were deciding between the two.

And yet it does not mean I need to quote anything like "middle earth", "gandalf" etc...

I like the first chapter, a bit of slow start but the ending leaves me wondering what will happen next. The drawing is also really nice, I like the style.

Just be careful that you do infringe on the rights of Tolkiens estate. I would a real shame to invest a lot effort in the project for nothing. Research the boundaries between inspired by middle earth and plagiarism middle earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    I like the first chapter, a bit of slow start but the ending leaves me wondering what will happen next. The drawing is also really nice, I like the style.

Just be careful that you do infringe on the rights of Tolkiens estate. I would a real shame to invest a lot effort in the project for nothing. Research the boundaries between inspired by middle earth and plagiarism middle earth.

Good advice. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Thanks ffor everyone for the replies.

Now I would like to ask some questions about lore.

1 - Where were buried the 9 nazgul?
    2 - Does nayone know a good site about lore where I could find stuff about events in the east on the third age? Regarding to Rhun region, war on the east etc.

??

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

yo Leo, what you mean with buried? Nazguls turned into ghosts while using the rings Sauron gave them and when the One was destroyed they simply faded out into the thin air, so technically no body, no burial

Furthemore, the best lore site I know of is Tolkien Gateway as it takes into consideration not only canon works but also letters and other stuff from Tolkien or his son and essays/reviews made by other authors too, so overall it's the most reliable, although some speculation is inevitable I guess.

Alternatively, you can check the OP of the Tolkien general discussion thread for more trustable sites and in any case you can always ask straight questions there (it's easier to be seen and answered there by lore masters, much more than posting questions here on your own thread).

cheers dude
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    yo Leo, what you mean with buried? Nazguls turned into ghosts while using the rings Sauron gave them and when the One was destroyed they simply faded out into the thin air, so technically no body, no burial

Furthemore, the best lore site I know of is Tolkien Gateway as it takes into consideration not only canon works but also letters and other stuff from Tolkien or his son and essays/reviews made by other authors too, so overall it's the most reliable, although some speculation is inevitable I guess.

Alternatively, you can check the OP of the Tolkien general discussion thread for more trustable sites and in any case you can always ask straight questions there (it's easier to be seen and answered there by lore masters, much more than posting questions here on your own thread).

cheers dude

Thanks!

Hi guys.

Jus came here to tell this project has went on.

I've hired a professional artist to illustrate the book and there is one of the forums member (british person), making the review of the text to guarantee total grammar quality.

The plot became really good in my humble view. I'm already writting the third part of it (yes! 3 books, each one the size of The Hobbit).

And yes, it is set in middle earth, though I made it clear for everyone reading it, these is no usage of any Tolkien charcater, name, etc. So it is safe. And it is a totally new story, these is no plagiarism.

I'm also creating a website, and in 2016 the first book will be released, in amazon, ibooks and printed versions will be available too.

As soon as the website gets done, I will show you guys.

For now, take the plot:

The main idea about this project was to compose a fresh fantasy novel,
    containing all the classic elements of such a genre, like the well known
    mytical creatures and places, yet bringing new original stuff. Unique
    characters, locations and stories, all immersed in the old-school style
    of telling an epic saga, filling one of the the most notable gaps
    left behind in the greatest fantasy book of all times, still not violating
    the original work, and with all due respect to his writter and fans.

This is not a RPG novel like, nor a game-style based story, but a integral
    well develpoted saga regarding to the never before told story of the four dwarfs
    houses of the east, on the red mountains range. The first part of it began with
    a group of dwarfs leaving their stronghold in the north, crossing the fields to
    find out the mystery involving a dark rider who entered their lands, during this
    journey they will gather the clues about him, face dangers and make allies. The
    second part happens when they enter the underground path that crosses the red mountains
    range from its west wing to the east one, an entire plot passed under the ground where
    the characters will face the dangers of the darkness under the mountain roots. The last
    and third part is when they reach the mountain top, the place where they went looking
    for answers about the strange events happening on the eastern lads, there they will finally
    find the answers they came looking for.

Here is one of the illustrations, Torag, the most daring dwarf of the company.

Looks fantastic, put me down for a copy. i'm going through hobbit-withdrawals atm .. very sad i'm sure other Tolkienites would be too !

Those pencil sketches at end of each LOTR / hobbit film are very heart wrenching as they have a strong connection with me. LOVE your art work.

Your first release needs to grab the fan base, make it your best.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Up!

If interested please check the first post.

Cheers!

hmm, I don't have kindle, what do i do ?
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo