Thread: Another TES site went down recently

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Another TES site went down recently

Today I read this about elderscrolls.filefront.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby235
    However, every single reference to this mod that I can find on the internet points to a elderscrolls.filefront download link. When elderscrolls.filefront went down, was this mod, and other mods lost forever?
    But TBH I am not surprised to see that happen after all most people knew this could happen in future when IGN decided to shut down FileFront in April 2012.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Another TES site went down recently

All the filefront network sites were taken down a little over a month ago. It sucks as sites like Wayback Machine only take snapshots of the page, not the content so the older games can stand to lose quite a bit from these sites shutting down. I doubt TES would have much of a problem though since last time I checkd on Elder Scrolls Files it was pretty much all stuff that was either already on Nexus too or way outdated. The site had the first versions of MMM and OOO on it.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; September 01, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Another TES site went down recently

Over a week ago abot told us that Wrye's Modding site wryemusings.com is gone. Fortunately he provided a working link via the Wayback Machine.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.