Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North&South - Beta 0.3 Download

Default Re: North&South - Beta 0.3 Download

Quote Originally Posted by duffys tavern View Post
    BTW, another thing I have noticed, maybe it's inherent in Shogun, but the bodies on the battlefield seem to disappear very quickly, even before the battle is over sometimes. Is there a fix for this? Just asking. Thanx again.
    The amount of bodies that stay on the field is due to the unit detail setting. Low and Medium = Bodies disappearing, High and Ultra = All bodies stay on the field.

If your graphics are locked, you can always go into the preferences script file located in C:\Users\______ (Your profile)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\Scripts

You might also need to set the AppData folder to viewable instead of hidden (I forget the steps, but it can easily be found on the internet).

Hope that helps!

-phoenixaces,
    thanx for the reply. I'll try that.
    Yes, that worked. Thank you.
    Last edited by duffys tavern; March 07, 2016 at 09:33 PM.

Question: Exactly what is the, acw_shader.pack?

Question: Exactly what is the, acw_shader.pack?
    Shaders are the different adjustments of coloring. I'm going to take a guess and say they edited the vanilla shaders more dim, and America like. Also, so the various plants and vegetation match America's environment.

The Beta 3 d/l on the 1st page is the acw_shaders.pack. Where do I find Beta 3 acw with all the additional units?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

The Beta 3 d/l on the 1st page is the acw_shaders.pack. Where do I find Beta 3 acw with all the additional units?
    i downloaded the pack too and besides the acw_shader there is also the acw_mod pack included. Maybe you still have the steam version subscribed, which overwrites the downloaded one?

And the shader pack fixes the error, that units are colored in a greyish color when you zoom out.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    i downloaded the pack too and besides the acw_shader there is also the acw_mod pack included. Maybe you still have the steam version subscribed, which overwrites the downloaded one?

And the shader pack fixes the error, that units are colored in a greyish color when you zoom out.
    In the NS.03 Folder I find 2 Files: acw_shader.pack and acw_sound.pack. No acw_mod.pack. Any help appreciated.

I downloaded it again. In the archive are definitely included:

acw_sound.pack
    acw_shader.pack
    acw_mod.pack
    acw_battlemap_buildings.pack

If you miss one of those files it's a problem at your PC. Maybe your antivirus program automatically deletes "dangerous" files?

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I downloaded it again. In the archive are definitely included:

acw_sound.pack
    acw_shader.pack
    acw_mod.pack
    acw_battlemap_buildings.pack

Thank you, I'll try again. BTW what do you use to unzip?

If you miss one of those files it's a problem at your PC. Maybe your antivirus program automatically deletes "dangerous" files?

Primergy, thank you so much for your patience. What you said got me to thinking. I d/l a different app to unzip the rar file. Now I have everything. Only continuing problem is, the battlemap_buildings.pack still does not give me the "stone" objects, i.e. stone wall or stone bridge. Buildings and wood fencing is fine. And I don't have the "ACW Open Fields" battle map. Still can't figure that one out. But once again, thanks for your help and patience. You're doing a magnificent job on this NS mod.
    Last edited by duffys tavern; March 18, 2016 at 04:27 PM.

Laetus

Hey Primergy is there any trouble with the multiplayer? I was trying to get my mate to play it but it kept saying different versions. We both had fresh install of shogun on steam and also downloaded this version.
    Strangely though the steam version did work but that's obviously not as good as this version, any tips or advice?
    By the way great mod! I don't usually just play a mod for the battles in TW but i do with this mod.

Never played multiplayer myself tbh... ^^

Verify if you both have the same acw packs in the data folder. Maybe one got "lost". As far as i can remember (I'm not at home atm) you need following packs:

acw_mod; acw_shader; acw_battle_buildings; acw_sound

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Mod looks great. Will try tonight. Any recommended difficulty for the battle? Normal or Hard? Also can we use these units on other maps besides the beautiful one you provided?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123