Thread: Naval Reskins

Default Naval Reskins

I think this team has done an excellent job creating amazing land units, but will you be reskining ships to match the appropriate time?

im not too sure what changes came from the mod timeframe and that of the vanilla game but I think some of the ships were probably different.

Id love to see them modded too!

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Naval Reskins

Quote Originally Posted by Hilel The Elder View Post
    I think this team has done an excellent job creating amazing land units, but will you be reskining ships to match the appropriate time?

im not too sure what changes came from the mod timeframe and that of the vanilla game but I think some of the ships were probably different.

Id love to see them modded too!
    Ships were very different in the Bronze Age.

Especially in the Near East, most ships were relatively clunky large vessels, such as the galleys used by the Sea Peoples in the invasion of Egypt, or the Ugaritic ships used in the Hittite invasion of Cyprus.

Europe also had a naval tradition, but it was very heterogeneous from region to region in terms of advancement.

We really want to add ships, we have discussed it internally often however, since they are a ancillary part of the mod experience, and since they are extremely complex models we will withhold them until after the bulk of the land factions are released.

When can we expect a naval preview than?

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hilel The Elder View Post
    When can we expect a naval preview than?
    After the custom battle mod is done, sooo a long time. Sorry