Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Jan 8th

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Oct 23

11. Eastward

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The march was quick, and of Sadayoshi was half the judge of men that he thought he was, he was sure the majority of them were bored. They knew that there were more than enough wars that could be fought instead of mock battles and endless marching. Only the captains knew otherwise.

The marched on behest of Imagawa Yoshimoto, who desired his heir Ujizane to meet his eventual vassals away from the confines of Sunpuu-jo and Suruga Province.

After a day and a half of easy marching, the Tokugawa column approached the Imagawa camp. It was, much to their disgust, set up as if a hunting trip was soon to be underway. Fitting, thought Sadayoshi.

Hirotada and his senior retainers dismounted, and with around thirty other soldiers from each of the army's four divisions approached the Imagawa pavilion at the center of the camp. The men removed their kabutos and bowed to Yoshimoto who returned the bow. After the initial exchange of customary pleasantries and refreshements, Ujitane irritably waved away the servandts. His father sat passively behind him.

Imagawa Ujizane was a young man, slender, but he had the light of intelligence in his eyes. Once his vassal-guests were seated, he spoke. "The Tokugawa have proved themselves to be very useful vassals," he said in a clear voice. "You have brought great honor and prestige to us, and and remedied the follies of the Asano clan's failures." An Imagawa retainer to the side winced almost imperceptibly.

Hirotada nodded. "It was our duty and pleasure to expand the size of your domains, Ujizane-sama."

Ujizane nodded, as did his father, who appeared bored already. "You have also enlarged your own personal holdings, Hirotada-san," he continued, "and now your lands are far larger than any other vassal. We are of a mind to remedy this imbalance," he said coolly. He paused and glanced at the armor that the Tokugawa wore though they bore no weapons.

"Imbalance, my lord?" asked Sadayoshi.

Ujizane looked down his nose at Sadayoshi. "Yes, imbalance. There are many voices who speak of your power and the great autonomy you have weilded," he said vaguely, "as well as voices of jealousy. We would not want Hirotada-san to fall victim to suspicion or jealousy." The men waited to hear what would be said next. "To this end we will be redistributing some of the land you have recently seized."

Sadayoshi began to speak, indignant at this, but Ujizane motioned him silent and continued. "I advise you to keep your wilder retainers in check. In any case, we will not be unfair in this. Lord Imagawa has decided that we will leave half of the land you have taken to the Tokugawa, and perhaps more west of the Yahagi-gawa. If I may ask, why do you all wear armor.?"

Matsudaira Moriakiri answered. "If it pleases you, my lord, we have been drilling our men for the last several weeks before coming here. Another march in armor was thought to be in the best interest of their fighting condition."

Hirotada spke after Moriakiri. "It is this martial spirit that has allowed us with Heaven's grace to defeat our enemis, tono."

Ujizane nodded. "There are, perhaps, other vassals who could certainly learn from the Tokugawa. Your efforts are commendable. Our officials will be in Mikawa in a month's time to see to the redistribution of land. Until then, Lord Imagawa has suggested that we go hunting."

"Ah, yes, hunting," Hirotada said distantly. Sadayoshi noticed Matsudaira Hidenaga tense ever so slightly.

Ujizane frowned. "Yes, hunting. My father wishes to make a gift of a fine falcon to you."

Hirotada smiled lazily. "A most welcome gift, tono, but a bird, however glorious, does not balance hundreds of thousands of koku lost, nor the lives of thousands of Tokugawa warriors."

"Then do not take the bird," Ujizane sneered. "It makes no difference to us."

"Be calm," Imagawa Yoshimoto finally spoke. "Do you have something else in mind Hirotada-san? In my eyes this is quite reasonable. You will still be our most powerful, and favored vassal."

Hirotada leaned forward and slapped his palm against the ground. "I do not think so!" he barked. The Imagawa jerked backwards, startled. With a roar, the ten Tokugawa senior retainers drew hidden weapons and cut down the guards nearest to them. "What.. what is this treachery?" Yoshimoto cried. His son pushed him towards the exit of the pavilion, until Okubo Moritoki cut him down, as well as another guard that leapt between him and the fleeing Yoshimoto. A pity, thought Sadayoshi, that that one did not come to power earlier. He could have been one to follow.

There was a sudden, eary silence. The Tokugawa's armor had served them well; only one man was dead. The rest hurriedly left the tent and signaled to the hundred or so men that had accompanied them into the Imagawa camp. Their captains drew their swords and cut down their Imagawa counterparts. What followed was a brief massacre as the unprepared Imagawa in the area were all killed. One of the Tokugawa ran to the edge of the camp, waving his arms. He was soon answered by the calls of conch shells and, after a moment's hesitation the rumble of thousands of running feet.

The Tokugawa warriors streamed into the Imagawa camp, killing indiscriminately, and Sadayoshi watched with pleasure as his former Oda warriors flowed past him with bloodied weapons, howling their revenge at the Imagawa.

It was a samurai by the name of Ii Nagaochi who claimed the greatest honor. Sprinting through the maze of tents, half dazed by the shock of being in a rebellion, he soon lost his way. Hearing frantic voices ahead, he crept forwards until he could see two frantic Imagawa soldiers trying to calm a horse for Imagawa Yoshimoto himself. Bellowing his name and ancestry as a challenge, Nagaochi leapt forward with his yari raised above his head, and brought it crashing down on one of the Imagawa soldiers, who crumpled. The shaft splintered and the blade cut deeply into horse, which reared in pain. The second soldier reached for his own yari, but Nagaochi thrust the jagged end of his own weapon into the man's unprotected neck, tearing our his throat.

He looked up just in time to see the Imagawa Daimyo fleeing and chased him through the camp to a horse paddock. Both men mounted up - Yoshimoto scrambling onto the previously wounded horse, and Nagaochi leapt over the fence to the paddock and onto the back of a horse himself. He rode after Yoshimoto, showering the coward with insults the entire time. Finally, realizing that he could not outrun the younger samurai, Yoshimoto riened in his horse abruptly, turning it to face his pursuer and lashing out at him with his sword. Nagaochi caught the blow on his right arm guard, but the fine blade cut through. He drew his wakizashi and, while his opponent's sword was stuck in his arm, punched the blade into Yoshimoto's unprotected armpit. The Imagawa Daimyo swayed, then fell from the saddle. Within moments more newly mounted Tokugawa soldiers arrived at the scene, congratulating the bleeding Nagaochi.

Withing a bloody thirty minutes, the attack was finished. Men stood scattered around the ruined Imagawa camp, grinning at each other, for they had rendered the Imagawa clan leaderless. Another thousand Imagawa soldiers were dead or had fled into the hills, but the flames of rebellion were just kicking up in the Imagawa lands.

Thanks Lugo! I'm going for a good mix of lots of words, lots of pictures

My AARs/writing: Link
    Letters for writing: þ, ð æ Æ

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

An exciting chapter! I enjoyed the tension between Imagawa Ujizane and the powerful vassals and the sudden shift in the story. I can't wait to see how the Tokugawa and Imagawa clans will act now.

Ahh the hidden attack, very Game of Throne's and very smart of Hirotada and co. Will the Imagawa crumple after the death of their lord and heir or maybe somebody else will rise to the top. Great chapter.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Ah, thanks to you both. I'm enjoying the scheming and maneuvering. Spoiler alert: what happens next, see, is Nagayoshi promises to marry a woman of the Takeda clan, but then beds the daughter of some minor noble further up the coast, and then.... wait, no

This update (which is as yet unwritten) has taken me quite a while (can I say that if I havent started yet? I have some ideas...), but I would like to tentatively say that it could possibly be up around the 20th

I love the subversive attack on the Imagawa! I love all thing sneaky and slithery, honour does not exist in the realm of shadows!

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Nov 18 - a short one

12. A Question of Loyalty

As is the nature of war - especially hastily begun wars - Hirotada was pulled away from his victorious warriors and the examination of the heads they had taken. His other vassals soon drifted away as well, but Abe Sadayoshi remained, and he motioned for Ii Nagayoshi to remain with him.

The regarded each other for a time, both sitting, both still in blood-caked armor. Sadayoshi leaned forward slightly. Nahayoshi noticed the movement and focused his attention on his superior, waiting for whatever he would say.

Sadayoshi spoke almost delicately, as if he wasd measuring every word carefully before uttering it. "Ii Nagayoshi, you have served the Tokugawa well and are a fine example to our warriors."

He paused, and Nagayoshi bowed. "Thank you, Abe-sama."

Sadayoshi continued. "And yet you are related to the Ii of Totomi Province, are you not? Surely they would value such a warrior as yourself, and you must have ties to the families in the area. Furthermore, this rebellion..." he trailed off as the words slipped from his tongue and he waved his hand vaguely as if that would summon them back. This whole questioning situation was terribly awkward, not least because the man had taken Imagawa Yoritomo's head, but his loyalties did need to be ascertained.

Nagayoshi dipped his head. "You are wondering where my true loyalties lay." It was a statement, not a question. At Sadayoshi's silence, he stared into the distance above the fudai's shoulder, as if recalling an old memory. When he spoke again, it was in the measured tone of one who was repeating a long-memoprized adage.

"Who is more loyal: the samurai who leaves his master's rebellion for his master's lord, or the samurai who follows his master into the rebellion?"

He paused, glanced to Sadayoshi before continuing. Sadayoshi joined him with the familiar words moments after he began speaking. "The second, of course. A samurai's duty is to follow his lord no matter what the case."

Sadayoshi nodded to himself. "I thought so. I apologize, but we needed to be sure of your motivations."

"Of course," Nagayoshi said. "Perhaps Lord Sadayoshi would like to mentor my son? It would be an honor to us. I look forward to serving the Tokugawa in the future."

Sadayoshi nodded, then turned to leave. He paused and looked over his shoulder at the still-seated Nagayoshi. "You will not be heading East with Hirotada-sama. Instead, you will be marching West with me. But worry not, we should still have plenty of fighting to keep us busy over there. Send your boy to me in a few days." With that, he continued on his way.

fudai: long-standing, hioghly ranked retainer

Now that this is out of the way, I can move on to some more exciting happenings. I think I've got the wording done well, but let me know what you think

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Nov 18 - a short one

I like the question about loyalty and the way that Sadayoshi responses to Nagayoshi's request as an afterthought. I think sometimes AAR writers feel bad about publishing chapters without battles (or action scenes, at least). While I enjoy well-written action, I enjoy well-crafted conversation just as much and this is well done.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

This'll pick back up next week; currently I do not have a way to charge my laptop, and all of my records and writings for this are on it

Also: Thanks SanyuXV
    , meant to thank you earlier but my participation on TWC has been a bit hectic the last month, month-and-a-half. Also, there will be an increase in the sneaky work coming up, though I can't remember how soon exactly
    Last edited by waveman; December 15, 2015 at 08:04 PM.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Dec 24

Hirotada's advance eastward after the death of Imagawa Yoshimoto and his son Ujitane was rapid. Udono Michimori, younger brother to Udono Nagamochi, was put in charge of his family's lands when the latter refused to join the Tokugawa and needed to have his small band of retainers killed and his castle stormed. Michimori was much more amenable to Tokugawa Hirotada. Two months saw both Gamagori and Totomi provinces pacified, clearing the way to the Imagawa heartland of Suruga province. Relations with Takeda Shingen improved as well, and the newly aquired lands to the East provided Hirotada with resources to expand his trade links with the Takeda warlord. News from the East was good. Clear-cut and good.

Further abroad the Takeda were solidifying their control over the central Chugok, mercilessly pounding the Uesegi, their long-time rivals to the north under the command of Takeda Nobushige and the Sanadas. The northeast was in a state of vague chaos, but no warlord had risen to prominence there. At least not yet.

The West however, was in a state of political flux. The Seki, once the most powerful the clans immediately to the west of the Tokugawa, had seen their prominance fade away. Abe Sadayoshi had watched this, had waited to make any moves, to comit to any alliances before he knew the lay of the land. And so he sat in Nagashima-jo, west of the Yahagi-gawa, and watched for two months. It grated on him to sit and do nothing while battles were fought in the East, but he could not simply leap headlong into wars in the Kansai.

He invited Saika Fuyuyasu to tea, to take the measure of the man. Fuyuyasu arrived punctually, riding a graceful horse as if he had been born for it. After only a few minutes of polite conversation, he felt he had the man's measure. Here, he thought, here is a man who knows what he wants and will do anything to get it. Fuyuyasu was a blunt man; he made no secret his ambitions to overrun the Seki to th north. Sadayoshi had frowned at this and warned the man that the Tokugawa considered the Seki friends and, perhaps more importantly a good buffer state. Fuyuyasu allowed a small smile to crack through his normally dour visage and nodded, not caring in the slightest.

Sadayoshi pursed his lips, then forced a polite smile and an amiable nod and they returned to more trivial topics. This one is going to be trouble, he thought. In fact, Fuyuyasu already was, for he was developing a strong powerbase in the southern provinces of the region, and being quite careful to avoid giving any insult to the Shogun or the Emperor. So Sadayoshi turned to the northern lords. Or, as it turned out, the northern lords and lady.

The Bisshu Hatekayama were indifferent, embroiled in conflicts to the west. The Ishida, weakened and hiding in their mountain stronghold. The Ikko Ikki were certainly not an option, their ideals dangerous to the social order and bordering on heresy. The last clan in the area was the Rokkaku. They had been oddly silent the last few months, but they could not deny his request to visit their lands. It was, all in all, strange behavior. Still, Sadayoshi rode to Koga with a small detatchment of guards, leaving his son in charge of the castle and province in his absence.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

bring back da magic?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!!!!!

Forum got rolled back. Yay.

My nemesis again rears its ugly head. Damn you technical issues! Why must you hate me so and sap me of my will to live
    write??????
    Last edited by waveman; January 12, 2016 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Spanish Inquisition

Yes, the loss of everything from December 25 to January 12 is horrible for writers who have lost updates - I am very sorry. I hope that you will be able to continue this great story despite the forum rollback.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

{Insert deleted chapters. Recap: Sadayoshi meets the ambitious Saika Fuyuyasu, who bluntly tells him not to get in the way of further Saika expansion. Sadayoshi is worried. He then meets the lord of the Rokkaku, who turns out to be a woman who's husband recently died. His death has been kept a secret. They set up a sort of loose alliance}

Hopefully I'll rewrite these. Until then I'm at least free to move on now

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

So... Is there any chance of an update to this, waveman?

Either a rewritten chapter that got eaten by the forum rollback, or a new one, would be great.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Ohhhhhhhh, I've been called out

Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day (or sometime before then)
    Last edited by waveman; February 19, 2016 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Proper Gandalf quote

waveman's Avatar Decanus

In August of 1548 it happened: Saika Fuyuyasu openly declared war against the Tokugawa. With Tokugawa Hirotada and Matsudaira Hidenaga embroiled in conflicts to the east, hunting down the last Imagawa loyalists and marthing with their Takeda overlords into the Hitachi-Oda's lands, Abe Sadayoshi left to fend for himself with whatever allies he had managed to coax into the struggle. Saika Fuyuyasu would have the armies of the masses, the Ikko-Ikki at his side, Sadayoshi the small Seki clan, the fortresses of the Rokkaku, Udono Michimori to the East in Gamagori, and the Takeda. But with Takeda Shingen focussing on the East with some 20ooo men, Sadayoshi doubted that they would ever see the red banners of their lords marching to their aid.

Sadayoshi had sent Matsudaira Hidenaga a finely crafted short sword as congratulations for his victories. He received in turn a bundle of arrows and wishes of good fortune when the news of the western wars reached Hirotada and Hidenaga.

Sadayoshi had the arrows hung on the walls of his war-room, where he would be meeting with his lords to discuss strategy. Rokkaku Ryoku would be attending with her son Munetsune. Okubo Moritoki and Matsudaira Moriakiri would, of course, be in attendance. Udono Michimori had riddend from the heart of the Tokugawa territories, and Takeda Shingen had sent his brother Nobukshige as a show of support to his vassals. Seki Kagekazu, heir to the Seki clan that ordered both the Tokugawa and Saika, was also in attendance. They met in September.

Seki Kagekazu demanded reinforcements. "We will be overrun!" he insisted. "And then Fuyuyasu will be on your lands."

Rokkaku Ryoku also wanted reinforcements to hold her borders. Her son Munetsune, who was only thirteen, then asked why both clans couldn't have Tokugawa reinforcements. Madsutaira Moriakiri argued that it would spread the central Tougawa armies too thin, while Okubo Moritoki was in favor of the idea. In the end Sadayoshi agreed to reinforce both clans, dispatching Moritoki and Moriakiri back to the Seki lands with Seki Kagekazu and a thousand men. Udono Michimori was charged with mobilizing the Tokugawa heartlands. Nobushige listened politely, offering advice here and there, but for the most part quiet. He knew that there was little the Takeda could do at this point.

Ryoku was displeased at not immediately recieving military support. "Look," Sadayoshi said. "If the Seki fall, out southern border is much less secure. Then we will be unable to support you as well."

"The Rokkaku are strong, mother," Munetsune said. "We will hold while Sadayoshi-sama brings more troops."

Ryoku pursed her lips. "The Rokkaku are strong, yes, but farther west we will be facing two enemies: the Saika and the Ikki-Ikki. We have been holding the Ikki at bay for some years now, but we do not have the strength to fight them both."

"Which is why I've sent Udono Michimori back to our lands," Sadayoshi said. He beckoned them over to a large map of the region. "I can hold Nagashima-jo and Kange-jo, west of the river here," he said, pointing to them on the map. "But if the Tokugawa, if I am pushed back to the eastern banks I do not think that I will be able to fight my way back over. It will be a struggle to keep the Saika back and they will then use NAgashima as a base to attack us."

"What about the crossings between Mino and Owari?" Ryoku asked, pointing to the north, but Munetsune was already shaking his head. "They do not trust us or our new allies mother. They have been seeking many overtures these last few seasons. Like my marriage," he said with no small amount of distaste. "They will not welcome armies marching through their lands."

Sadayoshi chuckled and had to restrain himself from ruffling the boy's hair. That would be unseemly. Munetsune was a clever boy, a strong chin making up for a weak nose, but his eyes bespoke intelligence beyond his years.

"So," Sadayoshi continued, "the Seki will hold Kameyana with Okubo Moritoki and Matsudaira Moriakiri. They are my most trusted officers; I've been campaigning with them for years."

"That's something at least." Ryoku said. "What of the East? How is Hirotada-sama faring?"

"Quite well. Suruga privince has fallen and the last of the Imagawa supporters being hunted down. Unfortunately we cannot recall our men - the Hojo and Hitachi-Oda are also at war with us."

Ryoku sighed. "The Tokugawa attract war like no other."

"That may be so," Sadayoshi said gruffly, "but we have the finest of allies. Even as we speak Takeda Shingen is marching East with over fifteen thousand men - he has already defeated the Hitachi-Oda once, and has nearly subdued the Uesegi. After this campaign it is possible he could turn west and help us."

"The Tiger of Kai himself," murmured Munetsune, eyes wide. "We would smash our enemies!"

"Indeed. But for now we will make use of the troops we have, set them to their garrisons. Besides, it is nearly winter, and only a fool begins a campaign with the first snowfall."
    Last edited by waveman; March 10, 2016 at 07:29 PM.

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated Feb 20

I like being able to see the strategic situation and the plans and perspectives of the player's faction; the map is helpful. This looks like an exciting time - are the Tokugawa too thinly spread or will they hold? Will the enemies of the Tokugawa remain at home during the winter or will there be a surprise attack? Will the red banners of the Takeda arrive or will the Tokugawa have the manage without them?

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Ah... an update.

Love the map! As Alwyn says, it's really helpful.

I also liked being able to hear all the reasoning behind the military decisions - it's nice to know about the disagreements, the compromises, the things that can't be done because there aren't enough men...

And I, too, wonder if we'll get to see the Tiger of Kai in action.

(Sorry - it's probably me not paying enough attention, but I wasn't quite sure which of the Takeda brothers was/were at the meeting. Nobukado? Nobushige? Both?)

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Typo on my part; Nobushige attended the meeting. As we shall see, Nobukado is
    an arrogant little shyte

Without that map I might as well have been writing gibberish, I think. Way too many place names, but necessary to provide a full view of the strategy

Sadayoshi will soon summon Udono Michimori's clone armies from Kamino-jo!
    Last edited by waveman; February 23, 2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: A poor joke

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated March 25

Curse that man, Sadayoshi thought, and damn him for being a fool. For Saika Fuyuyasu had marched as winter's cold embrace had just begun to touch the land, easily overwhelming the small Seki clan with ten thousand men. The Seki and Tokugawa survivors had fled north in disarray.

"I apologize," Moriakiri had said. "Allow me the privilege of killing myself that I may redeem my honor."

"No," Sadayoshi had said flatly.

"But, my lord, I failed -"

"No, old friend, it is I who have failed. I failed to see that the Saika could march in the winter or that they would have the will to do so. No, you shall not die this day, for our clan needs you, me, and Moritoki to hold the West."

"I would die happily on a Saika blade if I but sent a few of them ahead of me to the next life," Okubo Moritoki growled.

Matsudaira Moriakiri was slightly mollified by this statement; "I will approach this threat in the same way," he affirmed, "but make no mistake: I will see to it that we drive these scum back to their ocean-side hovels in the south."

Saika Fuyuyasu's advance was stopped dead by the Tokugawa forces in Nagashima-jo. That one castle in the district of Kuwana was enough to halt the Saika advance, preventing them from continuing on north or east into Tokugawa lands, or west into the holdings of the Rokkaku.

Fuyuyasu had fooled him. The only consolation was that the man had had to give up on his siege of Nagashima-jo after a month and a half. No castle under Abe Sadayoshi's command would be undersupplied, and he had thousands of warm, well-fed men to man the walls. When Okubo Moritoki and Matsudaira Moriakiri arrived, as planned, along with some hundreds of Rokkaku bushi, Fuyuyasu had turned tail and fled south after some light skirmishing.

a
    Approaching the Saika armies some 8,ooo Tokukawa and Rokkaku warriors faced around 7,ooo Saika

After a few days of inconclusive skirmishing, in which small bands of warriors poked and prodded at each other to try to sniff out any weaknesses en their opponents' formations, Saika Fuyuyasu withdrew back south

"I had hoped to smash him here and now," spat Moriakiri at the retreating Saika banners.

Moritoki sniffed disdainfully. "Would that we had. That Lord Saika is too wily, I worry what he will think of next. If our forces were not tied up in the east with Shingen we could crush them easily!"

"Why do you think that Saika dog retreated?" asked Moriakiri.

Sadayoshi answered him as he gazed at the Saika banners dissapearing - temporarily, he knew - into the swirling snow. "We outnumbered him. It is simply that. If he had pressed forward I would have withdrawn back to Nagashima-jo, and he would be welcome to sit and stare at the walls as his men froze around him. If he breached the walls no doubt our lord Hirotada would have returned with his army and killed whatever pitiful force of Saika remained."

Okubo Moritoki chuckled softly. "A campaign wherein neither commander is confident of a victory in the field, and yet neither had the advantage to force the other into a corner. What will happen next?" he mused.

"Hit the stinking fish-mongers from behind as they retreat!" suggested Matsudaira Moriakiri.

"Even after this conversation, you suggest that?" Sadayoshi asked. "The Saika samurai are known for their value, and with those Ikko-Ikki scum flocking to Fuyuyasu's banners, I reiterate: I do not like the odds aganst us in the field."

But Moriakiri was adamant. "One way or another they will be back come spring. If we bleed them now, there will be that many less fighting us later."

Sadayoshi grimaced and rubbed his forehead. "Moritoki, what do you think?"

"I am in favor of Moriakiri-san's plan. Harrass them - lightly - until they withdraw from the Seki territory, then sieze Suzuka and put the Seki back in charge of Kameyama-jo. We will be ready for a second attack."

"Very well," Sadayoshi said gravely. "You two will be in charge of this counterattack. Take Kameyama-jo if you can, but push no further. I do not want us stretched any thinner than we are now. In the meantime, I will call for some of the men that Udono Michimori has been training."

Because there was no telling what Saika Fuyuyasu would do next.

Ah, it's been a little while, has it not? Things are starting to heat back up in this story, though
    Last edited by waveman; March 25, 2016 at 08:42 PM.

Default Re: For Honor or For Glory? A Tokugawa (Matsudaira) AAR Updated March 25

Things are heating up nicely indeed (despite the cold winter I can see in the impressive screenshots)! I wonder how the counterattack will go and what the unpredictable Saika Fuyuyasu will do next.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast