Thread: Possible fix to Windows 10 and Steam issues.

Icon3 Possible fix to Windows 10 and Steam issues.

As we all probably know Roma Surrectum 2 doesn't work with Steam and Rome: Total War doesn't work with Steam. From piecing together info from posts on the RS and Microsoft forums I believe I may have come up with a fix. First, the Steam copy of the game works with Windows 10 and can supposedly be acquired by redeeming your disc serial key on Steam, (if you don't wish to own the Steam copy of the game for any reason there is a lengthy process of manually inserting the required driver into Windows 10, I will link this later).

This hopefully fixes your ability to run the game but to get out to run RS you will need to replace the Steam .exes' for told prefered version with the disc versions. I have tried replacing the .exes' and I can confirm it works however I need someone to check the first part for me. I hope it works for you, good luck.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Possible fix to Windows 10 and Steam issues.

My problem is not that I can't run RTW: Gold on steam. Rome Total War works fine on steam for me. My problem is though I can't run Roma Surrectum 2 on steam for whatever reason.

The problem lies with the Steam .exes', they don't like some mods for what ever reason, you'll need to replace them with disc versions. I have a link to the Alexander .exe that PeaceWalker (a member of the forum) uploaded. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gs&usp=sharing
    There you go.

Everything needed to explain how to fix the disc errors with Windows 10 is included in this link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...61d40d4?auth=1

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Okay, so I got the steam version to actually work by adding "-ne" in the launcher. Now my problem is the game only takes up a quarter of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slydessertfox View Post
    Okay, so I got the steam version to actually work by adding "-ne" in the launcher. Now my problem is the game only takes up a quarter of the screen.
    You can fix this by editing the preferences.txt in the preferences folder in your RomeTotalWar (Gold) folder in your Steam folder.
    I wrote an easy-does-it guide on the Windows10 issues (Steam + Non-Steam) here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-windows10-FIX

Skip down to step 2 to adjust your game-screen-window with your desktop resolution.