Thread: Adding factions

Default Adding factions

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm rather lost. I know nothing about modding, whatsoever. I just want to be able to take the additional factions (and settlements) from the BattleAxe mod and have them in the standard grand campaign (vanilla?). I wondered if it is possible to copy/paste any files from that mod to vanilla, OR if there is another mod that has those factions without the limitations (BattleAxe has no diplomacy, no navies, and strange land bridges made up to compensate for the lack of sea travel). I don't suppose that I need ALL of the factions, but I would at least like to have Sweden, Norway, Lithuania, Novgorod and Bohemia added. I really love this game but I've played it so many times and done so many migration campaigns and various things to make it interesting. That one mod had some promise, but the lack of diplomacy and navies just killed it dead, for me. Sorry for rambling..

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Adding factions

This would be the place to ask: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Miscellaneous. Close. No matter, a moderator will probably move it for you.

I'm not familiar with that mod but sounds like a lot of work. You're probably better off taking that mod and re-enabling the things that it has disabled, and removing the land bridges. e.g. If "no diplomacy" means only no diplomats then it might be as simple as allowing the recruitment of diplomats. Ditto for navies (ship recruitment). Land bridges would involve modifying maps which is more difficult, but still easier overall than trying to bring things from that mod into vanilla.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Adding factions

moved this to the correct location
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz