Thread: TEd "Playable Area"

Default TEd "Playable Area"

Hi

Did anyone ever figure out a way to increase the size of the playable area? By default it is set to 2048 x 2048. In the editor there is a tool provided to change it, but it will not override the original values (the Wiki states that it is bugged). I've spent a good deal of time trying to solve this for naval maps. It's frustrating because the engine allows you to create deployment zones outside the playable area, and they work; and although the ships placed in those zones are selectable and take orders, they remain stuck, immovable, because they are outside the playable bounds polygon.

When you create a new battle map using this editor, the playable area and deployment zones are automatically set up.

Any advice, help suggestions appreciated.

/Jason

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: TEd "Playable Area"

You could try and see if you can increase them manually in the xml files from the map

those are located in the appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/shogun2/maps folder.

Default Re: TEd "Playable Area"

Hi

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in any of the map xml files that even refer to this. There is something called "base Terrain Width" in the definition.xml file, but I don't think that is it. Altering causes the game to crash anyway.

/Jason