Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous US cops , why it should concern more than just presuure groups

Default Re: Dangerous US cops , why it should concern more than just presuure groups

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    i'm detecting high levels of frustration at former colonies. did you make sure to submit this post to your local UK police department for review? wouldn't want you to get fined or something for saying something edgy. kinda hilarious you're calling us the police state when at the very least our government has made some effort to constrain the NSA (not that i agree with it, but it serves to save some face) while your government deliberates on a proposal so authoritarian it makes our NSA look libertarian by comparison.
    The proposal only has life because New Labour and the Conservative Party are currently two cheeks of the same butt. If Corbyn wins the Labour leadership all bets are off.

there's dangerous policing and then there's comically inefficient policing, have you seen that one video of the machete-wielding man standing on a sidewalk where the police had to call what looked like dozens of officers just to subdue him an eternity after the videographer had begun filming? can't imagine how much worse it could have turned out if he had chosen not to wait calmly for the other 3 or 4 departments to arrive.
    Sensible balance is what is required. After all one should be able to take a BB gun off the shelf in a store that sells such without being gunned down on the spot.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Davius's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Dangerous US cops , why it should concern more than just presuure groups

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    He approached the vehicle, weapon drawn ,because he suspected the use of weed.

Allegedly and arguably unlikely. I say unlikely because an independent autopsy would suggest so unless US police are armed with Judge Dredd style ricochet ammo. I believe the meaning of posterior is the same in America as it is here.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...d-autopsy.html

Even if true, stand out of the way and trace the vehicle's owner. Job done. Same principle as backing away from a dog and shutting the gate rather than blasting it to doggy kingdom come. Your lack of empathy for your fellow citizens is appalling. It is the USA I'm talking about not Al Shebaab.

That is probably because I see Americans as fellow human beings , rather than lumps of meat to be used as target practice.
    So you changed you story about the kid getting killed for carrying weed. Nice! Now we're making progress. However:

You don't CARE about Americans, Sweetie. You do care about me. That's why you made this thread with me in mind, and I'm flattered.
    You want to BASH Americans and trust me, it's fine but a little humor makes it more fun, no? I love satire and comedy so go for it.

However, let's get back on topic.

Your thread is pointless because the numbers simply don't back up your claims that "ZOMFG!!! US police are killing its citizens!!!"

A handful of incidents you cherry picked, some refuted, some still being investigated, do not an OMG! issue make. I understand it makes some people emotional, I do. Police work is sometimes ugly, and modern day cell cameras bring the ugly right to your phone.
    Look, when a cop is bad, ITS BAD, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No person in his right mind would say differently.

The few links and numbers I posted here show that this is not a huge issue. So your attempt at a hyperbolic thread is kind of, I dunno, not cutting it. Further, not many Amercans are walking around feeling "the cops are dangerous and out to kill me....noooooo!"

In fact, I'm CERTAIN if you walked up and asked most of them, they'd say the cops are overwhelmingly doing a good job, with some exceptions. They'd probably also tell you they really don't care what you think of what's going on over here. Just sayin'.

i'm detecting high levels of frustration at former colonies. did you make sure to submit this post to your local UK police department for review? wouldn't want you to get fined or something for saying something edgy. kinda hilarious you're calling us the police state when at the very least our government has made some effort to constrain the NSA (not that i agree with it, but it serves to save some face) while your government deliberates on a proposal so authoritarian it makes our NSA look libertarian by comparison.
    It is quite fascinating to watch those who can literally be prosecuted fined FOR SAYING OR WRITING THINGS, even in jest, point and say "policcccce stattttte!"

And let's not forget:

#DOGLIVESMATTER

...that is, unless you're in China, where they torture-kill them 'cuz they taste better that way.

http://www.dogingtonpost.com/10000-d...ting-festival/
    Last edited by Davius; August 26, 2015 at 07:40 PM.
    Are cops killing blacks in disproportionate numbers? Nah:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphi...ice-shootings/

oh my goodness, davius and i somewhat aligned in a political thread? i should have never entered here, this was a mistake

i mean i agree that there are serious problems with police forces (and there should also be more funding for researching and development of better non-lethal weaponry, we're in 2015 guys). with the advent of social media and cellphones being everywhere now, a lot of these police encounters are winding up on youtube and it really is often cringy, same goes for dashboard videos like the one in the OP. some of these policies and training regulations need to be re-evaluated and weighed versus the cost of officer's lives.

we should also examine civilian gun policy but a part of the country treats the subject as taboo, and unfortunately some officers are really just going to be up to the mercy of their respective state, along with the investigators that will be examining the aftermath of each incident/accident as well, investigating gun ownership and history, which will be affected negatively by lax state laws. what needs to be increased is the sense of liability people feel when owning a gun, and you can do that through laws. america's gun culture is not inherently a bad thing but when it sometimes becomes beyond the norm and people get careless, and leave their weapons anywhere or in easily accessible places, or put an UZI into a little girl's hand, fomenting lax regulations through the boogeyman of big authoritarian government, it can be a bad thing. probably as bad as an entire population giving up their weapons (or right to own) to the government

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    If an armed populace prevented aggressive police policies, the US would have the most passive police in the western world.

I rather think the opposite effect is going on in the US; the police are highly aggressive because weapons are freely available to criminals and they have legitimate fears of being killed.

But go ahead and shoot a few police if you think that will help. Myself, I am more of a Rosa Parks than a Black Panther.
    I have no problem with the US police force as a whole though. I'm not the one claiming this is some major issue in a nation of some 400 million people or so. I just find it funny that someone who thinks the US cops are evil would also be against having the citizens protect themselves. The vast majority of police are fine, as are the vast majority of gun owners. Murder rates are very much down from when I was a wee lad. What we have now is the internet effect where the whole world gets to hear about every problem everywhere and some peoples village size brains can't process that.

Same reason parents are afraid to let their kids play out door by themselves these days. Perception of danger >>> reality of it.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

To sum up this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Davius View Post
    So you changed you story about the kid getting killed for carrying weed. Nice! Now we're making progress. However:
    Not my story, real life.A real kid actually got killed, because some cop was hoping to chalk up a dug bust. He literally died over one joint. An outrage, whatever one views are on the WOD.

You don't CARE about Americans, Sweetie. You do care about me. That's why you made this thread with me in mind, and I'm flattered.
    You want to BASH Americans and trust me, it's fine but a little humor makes it more fun, no? I love satire and comedy so go for it.
    I would like more Americans and their dogs to stay alive. You seem to be making excuses for people to kill them for no reason.

Your thread is pointless because the numbers simply don't back up your claims that "ZOMFG!!! US police are killing its citizens!!!"

American lives clearly don't matter to you. It is clearly apparent that incompetent police are killing people. Why is it pointless to discuss this? I don't recall that kind of apologist reaction when the forum discussed two notorious killings by British Police.

A handful of incidents you cherry picked, some refuted, some still being investigated, do not an OMG! issue make. I understand it makes some people emotional, I do. Police work is sometimes ugly, and modern day cell cameras bring the ugly right to your phone.
    There are many many more. Haven't even started yet.

Gunning down innocent shoppers in Walmart and customers at gas stations and dogs in their yards must be arduous and stressful work.

Look, when a cop is bad, ITS BAD, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No person in his right mind would say differently.
    So why the whinging and the suggestions that to say this is anti-American? As the thread suggests, not enough are demonstrating that they are in their right mind.

The few links and numbers I posted here show that this is not a huge issue. So your attempt at a hyperbolic thread is kind of, I dunno, not cutting it. Further, not many Amercans are walking around feeling "the cops are dangerous and out to kill me....noooooo!"

In fact, I'm CERTAIN if you walked up and asked most of them, they'd say the cops are overwhelmingly doing a good job, with some exceptions. They'd probably also tell you they really don't care what you think of what's going on over here. Just sayin'.
    It is not hyperbole to point people to actual news items highlighting pointless violence and slaughter.
    The fact that most, nearly all, cops are rational human beings does not give the bad cops a licence to kill.

..that is, unless you're in China, where they torture-kill them 'cuz they taste better that way.

http://www.dogingtonpost.com/10000-d...ting-festival/
    Lets blast away people's pets because they may be eaten somewhere else. It's a variant on the "at least America's better than ISIS" excuse.

probably as bad as an entire population giving up their weapons (or right to own) to the government
    What possible detriment could arise from that?
    Last edited by mongrel; August 26, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Selective moral outrage. Black on black violence continues unabated yet the police are called out.
    If these people were really only outraged about police violence they would all come to a simple conclusion: body cameras for all policeman. I may support this movement if they differentiated on a case by case basis; but equating the death of Michael brown with Eric garner is nonsense. One was choked to death for selling cigarettes while another was killed after trying to take a gun from a policeman. This is not a systematic problem, this is something that needs to be addressed by case by case basis. Body cameras for all cops allow that.

Militarizing the police with left over army vehicles doesn't help the problem either.

Side note: snuggans supports the second amendment!?
    Last edited by tgoodenow; August 26, 2015 at 09:57 PM.

norse's Avatar Tiro

No words can describe the utter hilarity of these comment.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Selective moral outrage. Black on black violence continues unabated yet the police are called out.
    If these people were really only outraged about police violence they would all come to a simple conclusion: body cameras for all policeman. I may support this movement if they differentiated on a case by case basis; but equating the death of Michael brown with Eric garner is nonsense. One was choked to death for selling cigarettes while another was killed after trying to take a gun from a policeman. This is not a systematic problem, this is something that needs to be addressed by case by case basis. Body cameras for all cops allow that.

Militarizing the police with left over army vehicles doesn't help the problem either.

Side note: snuggans supports the second amendment!?
    Yeah I am not sure why certain individuals continue to get painted in some perfect angelic light like Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin while other individuals like Eric Garner never did anything wrong at all.

Also the cops in America are as crazy as Chiropteran feces and lots of them are right wing middle-class white males who enlisted in the military as entitled and juiced up teenagers and 20 year olds and have now come home to America.
    Last edited by Tiberios; August 27, 2015 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by norse View Post
    Yeah I am not sure why certain individuals continue to get painted in some perfect angelic light like Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin while other individuals like Eric Garner never did anything wrong at all.

Also the cops in America are as crazy as Chiropteran feces and lots of them are right wing middle-class white males who enlisted in the military as entitled and juiced up teenagers and 20 year olds and have now come home to America.
    uh, statistics of police demographics and their polical leanings in the U.S. please.
    The racial disparities in the U.S. Police forces have a lot to do with minorities viewing the police as the "man" and the ones who do apply often aren't qualified. For instance the city of Dayton, Ohio had so few passing minorities that the justice department decided the passing score was to high. So they made them lower the passing score from a 66 to a 58 for the first test and a 72 to 63. I don't know what the solution is, but lowering passing grades to diversify the department is not the answer.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/12/da...-for-recruits/

norse's Avatar Tiro

Military Vets Joining Law Enforcement - Article - POLICE Magazine

The Nasty Blowback from America’s Wars | Consortiumnews

How the War on Terror Has Militarized the Police - The Atlantic

Seven Reasons Police Brutality Is Systemic, Not Anecdotal | The American Conservative

Honestly veterans have been switching over to civilian law enforcement for decades so this might only be a contributing influence instead of the main influence but it is something that is real and it has also been noticed by quite a few individuals.
    Last edited by Tiberios; August 27, 2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Off topic

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

warning ---all links may contain upsetting material or bad /threatening language

This thread was prompted by a wtf sight of a policeman charging guns blazing at an unarmed man in a petrol station, who was trying to comply with an instruction to show a driver's licence.. I cannot fathom how such complete recklessness can manifest itself in uniform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE

Despite the bleatings of some..........eg

I see such recklessness having real outcomes for victims, some of whom are seriously injured or killed by people who are not fit to be hired to protect citizens .It demands attention in my view. It is right and proper to expect some irritating questions during a police stop. It is not reasonable to expect such to escalate to being a violent or lethal encounter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...lice-shooting/

And as a variant on how many cops does it take to change a light bulb , how about how many does it take to manhandle a one-legged man on crutches? 14 apparently.

https://medium.com/matter/i-watched-...q-1b3a9bf10e0f

And it is more than just about the victims. Apart from tarnishing the good work of decent policemen, these people are draining tax money.

For example the citizens of Inkster, Michigan are going to pay directly for the compensation offered to a victim of an unwarranted police beating.In my part of the world, people who may have commited minor trafic violations just get a ticket.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/l...-tape/31986806

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...lice-brutality

This behaviour isn't confined to targeted black motorists. A white teenager was killed in dodgy circumstances, the only justification offered being that his date carried a minute amount of weed, the possession of which is now perfectly legal in some states.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us...lice-shooting/

So the question I pose is this, why are #blacklivesmatter seemingly leading the opposition to out of control police districts? Shouldn't all Americans be asking wtf is happening and that something be done?
    It's hard to get people behind your message when you're viewed as a racist by a majority of the people who protest because you don't simply support reform because of black deaths. (Social Justice Warriors).

Personally, I believe there needs to be a reevaluation of our police force, but I don't believe the police are inherently racist as the media will lead you to believe.

In the end, I'll just sit back and watch these crazy loons accuse everyone left and right of being racist all white spouting anti-white rhetoric, as has been happening in our country since the 60's.
    Last edited by Earl Dibbles Jr; August 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I have no problem with the US police force as a whole though. I'm not the one claiming this is some major issue in a nation of some 400 million people or so. I just find it funny that someone who thinks the US cops are evil would also be against having the citizens protect themselves. The vast majority of police are fine, as are the vast majority of gun owners. Murder rates are very much down from when I was a wee lad. What we have now is the internet effect where the whole world gets to hear about every problem everywhere and some peoples village size brains can't process that.

Same reason parents are afraid to let their kids play out door by themselves these days. Perception of danger >>> reality of it.
    Great post, but the US population is only about 318 million, not 400 yet. Also, while I do agree that the vast majority of cops are just trying to do their jobs, and that the stupid trigger happy ones that should have never been hired are in the small minority, there kind of is a culture of corruption within police departments where cops look out for each other to the point of breaking the law. One could say that when they have each others' backs, it's almost like they have their own street gang. In some police departments, especially urban ones, some cops also do have an attitude that they can get away with harassing blacks and even beating them without repercussion. It's been like that forever, but nowadays such cops are becoming more cautious. This is the age of the Internet and video recorder on smart phones, after all. Watch the movie Serpico with Robert De Niro and then imagine that same corrupt New York police department in the age of the Internet.

Still, Davius points out (in another thread too) that out of some 640 killings by cops this fiscal year of 2015 thus far, 24 of those have been unarmed blacks. I think we'd all be happy if that number was 0, but we don't live in a perfect world. And yes, some cops are actually murderers who even try to cover up their crime (i.e. planting a gun on the victim when there was none). However, that's not an everyday thing. That is truly rare. What is an everyday thing is urban gangland shooting and killing in the US, mostly black-on-black violence, but there's plenty of trailer-trash whites killing each other, and Latinos killing each other (not so much the Asian Americans, though, lol).

Some politicians are smart enough to realize that guns mean different things to people who live in the city, especially bad parts of town, than they do to people who live in the suburbs or out in the country. Rural and small town folk in tight-knit communities just want to go hunting or do recreational gun range shooting with their friends and family members. It is nearly unfathomable to them to understand why the government would "want to take their guns away" as they so often chant. There has to be some sort of compromise, though, because it's hard for rural people to understand the horrific violence of the inner city and how that truly is affected by the access to guns. I'm sure that gang members would still be killing each other with knives and bats and whatever they could get their hands on, but their task would be much more arduous without a TEC-9 or Colt .45.

Once more a progressiv badmouths the police.

Hey you know what happens to progressiv anti-white-privilege people when the police is gone and the poor victims, namely the thugs and criminals, come around? They tear you apart. They ain't down with you and your progressiv ideas, they hate you. Look what happend during the Ferguson Protests when the "Demonstrators" attacked CNN and MSNBC Camera Teams and reporters. This is what will happen to you. Like it or not, but you need the Cops. Otherwise the wolfs would come for you, and i would be most likely one of them.

Honestly, I think there is a huge gun problem in the US and I think that every American who defends their right to own guns is mental.
    Just not your business.

I believe that Americans can walk and chew gum, so people can , quite rightfully campaign against these dodgy police killings, which also affects non-black people and non-humans btw, and against generic gun violence ( is their no white on (insert race here) violence remaining unabated or are American schools safe now?

You are right about the militarisation of rthe Police and the use of body cams. My only concern is that cops are still behaving like this despite unprecedented scrutiny.

Because no such words exist. I live in a country where schools and cinemas aren't shot up on a regular basis.

The media.

I wouldn't say so. I see it as a competence issue, poor training , poor recruitment and a culture of impunity arising from poor leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Raubritter View Post
    Once more a progressiv badmouths the police and more bollocks..
    If you get shot at a traffic stop don't come crying to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post

In the end, I'll just sit back and watch these crazy loons accuse everyone left and right of being racist all white spouting anti-white rhetoric, as has been happening in our country since the 60's.
    You do realise that this is not only an issue for black people? The completely pale Gilbert Collar, for instance,an 18-year-old white student a was shot and killed while naked and obviously, unarmed .

Or this man, killed , presumably for having a rant.

https://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...-media-reacted

References to Ferguson and black crime seem to be irrelevant points made to distract people from the obvious. There is an issue with people dropping dead for no reason at the hands of people paid to protect the public. Are many American people generally ignorant of what is going on ?

After all, what the feck has black on black crime got to do with the death of Autumn Steele, a white woman carelessly slain by an incompetent officer who decided to blast away at her dog? Tell me how it is anti-white or anti-American to mention that this should never have happened.

http://www.innocentdown.org/2015/01/06/autumn-steele/

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    that out of some 640 killings by cops this fiscal year of 2015 thus far, 24 of those have been unarmed blacks. I
    As mentioned above, no concern about the deaths of unarmed anyone else? As the OP says, why is only BLM addressing police incompetence/impunity?
    Last edited by mongrel; August 27, 2015 at 03:42 AM.

mongrel
    If you get shot at a traffic stop don't come crying to this forum.
    Listen, as a teenager i got in trouble with the police up to the age of 19 and one time i was pretty roughed up(and they broke my phone), friends of mine got beaten in holding, i mentioned that before. Not a single secound i would even thought about go anywhere and cry about it, because its a pathetic victimhood mentality and i seriously hate pathetic victims and their emotional manipulation waaaaay more then i ever hated even the bad cops. You know why i got in trouble? Because i acted like a piece of some stuff. And its the same pattern i see in this bodycam footage from traffic stops and all the other incidents, where the media tells you that the cops are the brutal bad guys who go ape stuff without any reason. All of these dumbnutz had it comming. They flipped their mouth around, they didn't comply, they refused arrest and so on. And don't act as if you would care about innocent people who get abused by the police, because i never see your kind pushing cases that don't fit your ideological profile.
    And as i said, just set these mean cops on strike and you will see whats behind the wall that they were guarding. I know this enviorment.
    Last edited by Raubritter; August 27, 2015 at 04:10 AM.

norse's Avatar Tiro

Because no such words exist. I live in a country where schools and cinemas aren't shot up on a regular basis.
    Yes they do in fact.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Raubritter View Post
    Just not your business.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen you criticising other countries, especially European ones, throughout the years on these forums.
    It's none of your business.

Yes they do in fact.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    These words were spoken in 1755 when Franklin was trying to convince the colonial governor to subsidise arms to the frontier families during wartime. I'm unclear how it fits with 2015. We didn't summon up Pitt the Younger to justify our firearms laws.

If the US is still at risk from 'Insiduous Attacks of small Parties of skulking Murderers' marauding the frontier then I suspect police brutality and summary executions are the least of it's problems.
    Last edited by Markas; August 27, 2015 at 06:53 AM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    These words were spoken in 1755 when Franklin was trying to convince the colonial governor to subsidise arms to the frontier families during wartime. I'm unclear how it fits with 2015. We didn't summon up Pitt the Younger to justify our firearms laws.

If the US is still at risk from 'Insiduous Attacks of small Parties of skulking Murderers' marauding the frontier then I suspect police brutality and summary executions are the least of it's problems.
    You know that they had less violence when it comes to tribal wars and violent crime back then, but more school shootings with less victims for different reasons? Nah, i think you don't know that. I think you don't know anything about human society.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen you criticising other countries, especially European ones, throughout the years on these forums.
    It's none of your business.
    Are you trying to draw some sort of moral equivalent here?

Davius's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    To sum up this thread:
    So accurate.

Let's get some facts straight. Eric Garner was not choked to death for selling cigarettes. In fact, he was not choked to death at all. The cop's arm was around his giant neck for about 2 seconds. He was being ARRESTED for illegally selling cigarettes AGAIN. Local store owners had many complaints against him for doing just that. He died because rather than going peacefully with police he chose to fight the police. The ensuing struggle and his health issues due to obesity did him in.

Eric Garner certainly DID do something wrong. He chose to combat police who had lawfully put him under arrest. This NEVER works out for the arrestee. Never.

You seem to know so much about US police personal politics and their motivations for being police officers! Good for you. Just curious, can you back up any of that with facts, or is this just emo-yapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Great post, but the US population is only about 318 million, not 400 yet. Also, while I do agree that the vast majority of cops are just trying to do their jobs, and that the stupid trigger happy ones that should have never been hired are in the small minority, there kind of is a culture of corruption within police departments where cops look out for each other to the point of breaking the law. One could say that when they have each others' backs, it's almost like they have their own street gang. In some police departments, especially urban ones, some cops also do have an attitude that they can get away with harassing blacks and even beating them without repercussion. It's been like that forever, but nowadays such cops are becoming more cautious. This is the age of the Internet and video recorder on smart phones, after all. Watch the movie Serpico with Robert De Niro and then imagine that same corrupt New York police department in the age of the Internet.

Still, Davius points out (in another thread too) that out of some 640 killings by cops this fiscal year of 2015 thus far, 24 of those have been unarmed blacks. I think we'd all be happy if that number was 0, but we don't live in a perfect world. And yes, some cops are actually murderers who even try to cover up their crime (i.e. planting a gun on the victim when there was none). However, that's not an everyday thing. That is truly rare. What is an everyday thing is urban gangland shooting and killing in the US, mostly black-on-black violence, but there's plenty of trailer-trash whites killing each other, and Latinos killing each other (not so much the Asian Americans, though, lol). Some politicians are smart enough to realize that guns mean different things to people who live in the city, especially bad parts of town, than they do to people who live in the suburbs or out in the country. Rural and small town folk in tight-knit communities just want to go hunting or do recreational gun range shooting with their friends and family members. It is nearly unfathomable to them that the government would "want to take their guns away" as they so often chant. There has to be some sort of compromise, though, because it's hard for rural people to understand the horrific violence of the inner city and how that truly is affected by the access to guns. I'm sure that gang members would still be killing each other with knives and bats and whatever they could get their hands on, but their task would be much more arduous without a TEC-9 or Colt .45.
    Egg-zactly. This is simply not some big scary issue like certain thread starters would attempt to have the less informed believe.

Not my story, real life.A real kid actually got killed, because some cop was hoping to chalk up a dug bust. He literally died over one joint. An outrage, whatever one views are on the WOD.

I would like more Americans and their dogs to stay alive. You seem to be making excuses for people to kill them for no reason.

American lives clearly don't matter to you. It is clearly apparent that incompetent police are killing people. Why is it pointless to discuss this? I don't recall that kind of apologist reaction when the forum discussed two notorious killings by British Police.

There are many many more. Haven't even started yet.

Gunning down innocent shoppers in Walmart and customers at gas stations and dogs in their yards must be arduous and stressful work.

So why the whinging and the suggestions that to say this is anti-American? As the thread suggests, not enough are demonstrating that they are in their right mind.

It is not hyperbole to point people to actual news items highlighting pointless violence and slaughter.
    The fact that most, nearly all, cops are rational human beings does not give the bad cops a licence to kill.

Lets blast away people's pets because they may be eaten somewhere else. It's a variant on the "at least America's better than ISIS" excuse.

Let's just be honest here, Love: nobody in these forums is going to believe you care about American lives. You want to point out how awful America is. Not sure where that comes from but I support your right to do so, even if that's a foreign concept where you sit. K?

As stated by others here, especially ya know, people who LIVE in the U.S., this is simply not the huge problem you are so desperate to make it into. Sure, you've put forth a valiant effort to make this some Pol Pot, or Stalinesque mass murder by government agents, but the numbers simply don't support your emotional, hyperbolic, media driven attempt. On the bright side, MSNBC or even CNN might hire you.

Kisses.

Again, thanks for the thread.
    Last edited by Davius; August 27, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
    Are cops killing blacks in disproportionate numbers? Nah:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphi...ice-shootings/