Thread: 2015 competition Voting and Q&A thread (read this if you have any questions about the voting phase)

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default 2015 competition Voting and Q&A thread (read this if you have any questions about the voting phase)

The writing competition is in it's next main stage, the voting phase. Voting is open to the public and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite submission in each category.

Please take note of the rules for voting however, as punishment for any breach of these rules will be accompanied by a penalty of at least a permanent suspension from any future Scriptorium Writing Competitions.

Competition Voting Rules

Due to the small number of entries we have merged the long and short category into a non-themed category

MEMBERS WITH MULTIPLE ENTRIES MAY WIN ONE MEDAL ONLY. IN THE EVENT THEY WIN MULTIPLE MEDALS, ONLY THEIR ENTRY WITH THE HIGHEST OVERALL VOTES WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL, AND THEIR OTHER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY EQUAL OR LESSER MEDAL.

Librarians shall not be voting on medals except on the "Librarian's Choice" medal, which is a private poll and will be announced in the end with the rest of the awards. Any entry that makes it to the final round of voting will not be eligible for Librarian's Choice.

The top two entries from both categories will enter the final round.

Awards

Awards for the 4 category winners:

Medals shall be decided by the general membership. A bronze, silver, and gold award are up for grabs

Awards for the winners:

The awards shall be decided here through the voting. 4th placed entry in the final will receive reputation points. Temporary amount is 75 (still have to discuss it with the admins). Medal winners will also receive a smaller amount of rep.

Librarian choise award.

The winner of this award shall be decided by Librarian popular vote. It will not be decided here.

will be awarded as such 50 for the 4th placed entry (may be subject to change), and undecided number for medal winners (from 30 to 20), 40 for runners up and 25 for everybody else (there will be two runners up in the themed category due to it having 4 runners up compared to 2)

All entries in public polls will be anonymous
    , and any attempt to endorse your own work or anyone who openly declares the author of any work will be dealt swift judgement by the Inquisition. If anyone is found to be lobbying for votes via PM or VMs, they will also be disqualified from the competition. And any disqualifications will not be announced until after the competition, so don't think you're being sneaky, I see everything (like literally, owls can turn their heads backwards )

Winners will be announced within a few days of the polls coming to a close.

And to be extra sure you can't say I didn't tell you so, remember, all submissions are to remain anonymous during the voting period. This is to ensure a fair vote with no bias based on the author. ANY attempt by the author of any submission to lobby for votes on this site, or in any way to show which submission is theirs in an attempt to gain votes, will be automatically disqualified. And again, you won't find that out until the voting ends, I like to keep you all in suspense about this. Discussion in this thread about supposed authors is also forbidden.
    You will not be punished severely if you are merely guessing an author, but still, that discussion is not allowed and anything along those lines will be swiftly deleted and the perpetrator will get tickles from me. So please everyone, play nice, play fair.

You are allowed to encourage people to vote and we will be very appreciative if you do (see example below)

Example: "Hey come and vote in this competition here", "Vote in the scriptorium Writing Competition" - Allowed
    "Hey come vote for entry 69, it's really awesome and emotionally soothing" - Not allowed
    "Hey I wrote entry 69, please vote for me" - permanently banished to the Phantom Zone

The Chief Librarian is solely responsible for all aspects of the competition. The decisions of the Chief Librarian is final.

In case you have any queries, feel free to post them here or PM a librarian.

Voting will last till 15th of September
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 25, 2015 at 04:08 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2015 competition Voting and Q&A thread (read this if you have any questions about the voting phase)

great, looking forward to read them; I had a quick look already and it looks like it is going to be a very hard choice this time!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 2015 competition Voting and Q&A thread (read this if you have any questions about the voting phase)

Post deleted.

Blog Entries

too sad there are almost 500 views and only 15 votes in total.. why this happens is really a mistery to me
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I'm curious to see who made it through the finals now, looking forward to see them up

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Thread will be up today after I get back home.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!