Thread: Earthquake???????? Grrrrrrrr...................

Default Earthquake???????? Grrrrrrrr...................

As much as I love Rome TW the amount of cheating the game does gets on my nerves. And I swear its cheating now.

This campaign is not going according to plan. It seems everyone has declared war on me and I'm currently trying to rush some badly needed generals and hoplites over to Siwa to get ready to go after Egypt's back door (they are attacking my Asia Minor positions). So, I've just landed 2 generals to compliment my single general in Siwa along with 5 units of hoplites. I also have 6 spies ready to go. When I hit the turn button a MASSIVE earthquake launches and I loos ALL my generals, ALL my spies and about 80% of my hoplites.

WHAT????????????????

Now, I normally go with the flow with these types of events but this one is just too much to stomach. So, I'm looking for a way to remove the earthquake (this one at least) so I have half a chance in Egypt. I modified the file to have earthquakes every 90 turns (up from 20), saved the txt file and reloaded the game only to get the same problem. I even saved over the game, reloaded it and hit the turn button but no cigar.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Earthquake???????? Grrrrrrrr...................

I don't think the descr_disasters file is save game compatible

Move some units at random, before hitting the turn button.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

That's not cheating, it's a random event. You shouldn't just mod out all unfortunate events. Natural disasters did destroy armies in real-world history. Think of the two Mongolian invasions of Japan. I'm sure Kublai wished he could have modded out those storms to let him conquer the Japanese islands, but no such luck. You should just take it as it goes, let the game be more random and interesting and not so cookie-cutter easy.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The one event I recommend to remove is the flood: it permanently disables building of forts and watch towers in the affected region as well as drastically reducing movement points in the whole region (at least in M2TW).

On a related note: here is my tutorial regarding the scripting of 'disaster' events.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 31, 2017 at 10:55 PM.