Thread: Nova Mundi (Includes Khanate of Khiva!)

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Default Nova Mundi (Includes Khanate of Khiva!)

Nova Mundi
    Nova Mundi is a mod for Empire Total War intended to improve certain aspects of the game's historical accuracy as well as improve existing factions. This is accomplished through the introduction of new factions, enlargement of cities, and addition of native agents, etc. Below you will find two versions of the mod, Version 1.4 and Version 1.4.5. These two versions are the same except version 1.4.5 includes the Khanate of Khiva, Karakum Region, and enlarged cities.

Features (Version 1.4):

* All Factions Playable - Including Protectorates
    * Scotland Playable
    * Istanbul renamed to Constantinople
    * Panama renamed New Edinburgh, Caledonia
    * Persia renamed to Safavid Empire
    * Faction descriptions for all factions up to Iroquois Confederacy, including Scotland and all Native Factions
    * Thirteen Colonies, New Spain, and Safavid Empire are made major factions
    * Native Factions start out with agents
    * All playable factions have victory conditions
    * Scotland made playable without hybrid
    * Highland Infantry unlocked for Scotland
    * New Pirate Units (From POA's Pirate Units Pack)
    * No auto-handover of protectorates to AI
    * Missions for Great Britain, France, Spain, Cherokee Nations, and Scotland
    Bugs (Version 1.4):

*Without Scripting Patch, Scotland will not appear
    *No Others known

Features (Version 1.5):

* Scotland Playable
    * Faction descriptions for factions up to Iroquois Confederacy, including Scotland and all Native Factions
    * Khanate of Khiva added
    * Karakum Desert Region added
    * Huron, Cherokee, and Iroquois Capitals made three slot cities
    * Caracas, La Habana, Astrakhan, and other cities enlarged
    * Switzerland added in Ticino region (formerly Milan)
    * New France added as a protectorate of France
    * Missions for France to absorb Louisiana and New France protectorates
    *FULL AI for all factions
    * Schools and Churches are now build-able in all ports, minor cities, and city entertainment slots
    * England added as new play battle faction (does not replace Great Britain)
    * Faction selection menu order changed
    Bugs (Version 1.5):
    * Establishing a trade route between Khanate of Khiva and any other faction whose capital does not border the Karakum Desert will cause CTD (ex: Khiva and Persia trade works, but Khiva and Mughal trade CTDs) * Nova Mundi's Essential Pack has not been renamed 1.5 * Sometimes NovaMundi1.4.5Essential will show up in Mod Manager as NovaMundi1.4. Launching the game will cause a crash, but after reloading mod manager, it should be labelled properly and will launch correctly.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Downloads:
    Version 1.4 Campaign: http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb....4Campaign.zip
    Version 1.4 Pack Files (Localisation and Unit Pack):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9...4PackFiles.zip
    Version 1.5 Campaign:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/up....5Campaign.zip
    Version 1.5 Pack Files (Localisation, Units, and Essential Campaign Files):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ow...vaMundi1.5.zip
    SCRIPTING FILE PATCH:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/in1j3un5ygquxl4/NovaMundi1.4.5patch%7Cscripting%282%29.lua (ONLY FOR VERSIONS 1.4 and 1.4.5!!!!)
    Installation and Instructions:
    Make sure you have a vanilla campaign and no other pack files that modify campaign map files, localisation, or highland infantry. Download the files for either version 1.4 or 1.4.5. and backup your campaign files. Extract the Campaign Zip file to C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main Extract the Pack Files Zip file to C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data Take the SCRIPTING FILE PATCH and place it in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main Launch Empire Total War using Mod Manager and make sure all pack files labeled Nova Mundi are checked. Enjoy!
    Old Versions

Features (Version 1.4.5):

* Scotland Playable
    * Faction descriptions for factions up to Iroquois Confederacy, including Scotland and all Native Factions
    * Khanate of Khiva added * Karakum Desert Region added
    * Huron, Cherokee, and Iroquois Capitals made three slot cities
    * Caracas, La Habana, Astrakhan, and other cities enlarged
    Bugs (Version 1.4.5):
    * Establishing a trade route between Khanate of Khiva and any other faction whose capital does not border the Karakum Desert will cause CTD (ex: Khiva and Persia trade works, but Khiva and Mughal trade CTDs)
    * Sometimes NovaMundi1.4.5Essential will show up in Mod Manager as NovaMundi1.4. Launching the game will cause a crash, but after reloading mod manager, it should be labelled properly and will launch correctly.
    *Without Scripting Patch, Scotland will not appear

Version 1.4.5.1 Campaign:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd...ndi1.4.5.1.zip
    Version 1.4.5 Pack Files (Localisation, Units, and Essential Campaign Files):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/0m...5PackFiles.zip
    Credits:
    Lom, Port, and Lordsith for original Khanate Khiva mod
    Alwyn for These United Colonies mod, parts of which were used as a base
    Irmo and Poa for All Playable Factions campaign
    HusserlTW for Startpos editing tutorials Makers of ESF Editor and PFM
    CA and SEGA for Empire Total War
    Team
    Neal Savage - Researcher BK2-Modder - Team Leader
    Recommended Mods:

Supply and Demand (WALI) These United Colonies extra units The Great Spirit Unit Pack
    Compatibility:

This mod IS NOT compatible with any other campaign or localisation files. However, unit packs from the Great Spirit Mod and These United Colonies have integrated compatibility.
    Notes:

Please Report any bugs or issues you may find If you are a modder that believes that your work has been used in this mod without proper credit or permission, I will suspend links with such files until such time as the issue is resolved. Please contact me through PM. Keep in mind that I am not always online and that links may not be suspended immediately. Thank you!

Last edited by bk2-modder; October 23, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: Nova Mundi (Includes Khanate of Khiva!)

Screenshots from updates coming soon:

Switzerland has been added in the Ticino region, which replaces Milan.

American Citizenry

Scots defending New Edinburgh from invading Spaniards.

Increased camera zoom

If anyone has the Imperial Destroyer Startpos, Pathfinding, and Regions esf files, that would help speed the addition of new regions
    Last edited by bk2-modder; September 04, 2015 at 04:56 PM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by bk2-modder View Post
    Screenshots from updates coming soon:
    If anyone has the Imperial Destroyer Startpos, Pathfinding, and Regions esf files, that would help speed the addition of new regions
    What files do you need? You need permission?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

@b0Gia I need the startpos.esf, regions.esf, and all DB Tables pertaining to regions. The esfs might be in pack files too.
    Nova Mundi 1.5 released!
    Screenshots:

Changes:
    * Switzerland added in Ticino region (formerly Milan)
    * New France added as a protectorate of France
    * Missions for France to absorb Louisiana and New France protectorates
    * FULL AI for all factions
    * Schools and Churches are now build-able in all ports, minor cities, and city entertainment slots
    * England added as new play battle faction (does not replace Great Britain)
    * Faction selection menu order changed

Bugs (Version 1.5):

* Establishing a trade route between Khanate of Khiva and any other faction whose capital does not border the Karakum Desert will cause CTD (ex: Khiva and Persia trade works, but Khiva and Mughal trade CTDs)
    * Nova Mundi's Essential Pack has not been renamed 1.5
    * Sometimes NovaMundi1.4.5Essential will show up in Mod Manager as NovaMundi1.4. Launching the game will cause a crash, but after reloading mod manager, it should be labelled properly and will launch correctly.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This is impressive work, bk2-modder and Neal Savage! Thank you for crediting me for the parts of These United Colonies which you used (presumably you obtained permission from everyone whose mods you used? You have permission to use my These United Colonies mod files, of course). You explain your work well.

I noticed that you managed to make Scotland playable without using a hybrid startpos. Would you be willing to put a tutorial on how you did that in the Mod Workshop?

@Alywn I'll get around to it eventually
    Screenshots of Powhatan Confederacy. Added them in without replacing any other faction using the Ballast faction as a base. Gonna convert them to the Creek later on.

Just realized that the 1.5 pack files link wasn't correct I am quite sorry. The link is now fixed for anyone wanting to download 1.5

I have recently found your mod and I am very pleased that someone else tried to do a new map and faction, excepting LordSith's Imperial Destroyer. I like his mod but I wanted to try something less complicated.

These having been said, I started playing the 1.45 version. Everything worked fine till I reached 1706. Then CTD When Scotland turn. I turn back, load saved game and conquer Scotland. Then the game works till 1707. Then again CTD. Reloading. Investigating. It was Lousiana's turn. Reload. Destroy Louisiana. Game works fine. Then 1710 CTD. Again ?!!!! This time Thirteen Colonies. I buy Carolina and it works. Then 1711. CTD again Thirteen Colonies. I give up.

Now, I really want to play your mod. I really want to help though I lack free time. What I have noticed is that CTD occurs when a faction, and it seems that the minor ones try to build a school in the place of a farm. I do not know why and how they can build schools instead of farms. And maybe it is the level of schools. When they reach university seems to be the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by von_neurath View Post
    I have recently found your mod and I am very pleased that someone else tried to do a new map and faction, excepting LordSith's Imperial Destroyer. I like his mod but I wanted to try something less complicated.

These having been said, I started playing the 1.45 version. Everything worked fine till I reached 1706. Then CTD When Scotland turn. I turn back, load saved game and conquer Scotland. Then the game works till 1707. Then again CTD. Reloading. Investigating. It was Lousiana's turn. Reload. Destroy Louisiana. Game works fine. Then 1710 CTD. Again ?!!!! This time Thirteen Colonies. I buy Carolina and it works. Then 1711. CTD again Thirteen Colonies. I give up.

Now, I really want to play your mod. I really want to help though I lack free time. What I have noticed is that CTD occurs when a faction, and it seems that the minor ones try to build a school in the place of a farm. I do not know why and how they can build schools instead of farms. And maybe it is the level of schools. When they reach university seems to be the trouble.
    Try using version 1.5, though I haven't really played much. It might work better.

Most of the CTD problems do arise from the fact that the startpos files were made using cross-hybridization, and, as HusserlTW has said, that does not make for a very stable campaign most of the time, but I did try to reduce bugs as best I could so as not to make the same mistake I did with ACW. I know this reply is late, but try @AntonioBarbarian's tip on using 1.5, as it should be much better. It is interesting that you note the colleges for those minor factions as a potential cause for these bugs; I changed some farms to colleges so players of those factions could have education right off, but perhaps I should reverse that once I get back to this mod. Cheers and good luck!

When I said 1.4.5 version I meant the name that is displayed on ModManager. In reality, it is the archive named 1.5 that is on this forum page. So, unless you can find a way to solve the CTD bug with the universities, unfortunately, this mod is unplayable. And I am sad because I really, really wanted to give it a try. Once I moded the startpos myself but lately I have found that in Win10 the tools donțt really work. So I cannot do the editing myself.

When I said 1.4.5 version I meant the name that is displayed on ModManager. In reality, it is the archive named 1.5 that is on this forum page. So, unless you can find a way to solve the CTD bug with the universities, unfortunately, this mod is unplayable. And I am sad because I really, really wanted to give it a try. Once I moded the startpos myself but lately I have found that in Win10 the tools donțt really work. So I cannot do the editing myself.
    Sorry to hear that. When I have the time, I'll upload 1.5.5, which will include 1 new faction and some bugfixes, but no new regions other than what is present in 1.5. Until then, I'd recommend trying 1.4 if you don't care about the larger cities and new regions, but if that is what you want this mod for, you can always try to get someone else to make a bug fix. Cheers!

Hey, do you know how to simply edit faction names? Any help would be appreciated.