Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Social Democrats lose their status as the largest party in Sweden to the Sweden Democrats

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default Re: The Social Democrats lose their status as the largest party in Sweden to the Sweden Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle21512676.ab

Posting this here as related to swedish political correctedness and racism issue.

Basicly swedish ice hockey team executive was fired from the organization because he took picture and put it on his facebook at air show of finnish WWII airplane that had finnish airforces blue non-tilted swastika on it. That sign has nothing to do with nazism since it was in use before nazis even existed since 1918.

So it was absurd case of ignorance combined with political correctedness and seeing imaginary racism and nazis in situation where they don't exist. Kinda hilarious, though i feel bad for the guy who got labeled nazi and fired from his job, just for taking image in air show of historical restaurated finnish plane.

Sweden has reputation for overdoing political correctedness in absurd ways, and this is just one case amongst many to add to the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swasti...nnish_military

The story is inaccurately reported. Some idiot got upset about the Finnish aircraft swastikka and then went through his Facebook feed looking for racist statements and sent those statements to the local newspaper. I don't know what he actually said and at least one of the so called racist postings is not racist at all. But the Finnish airforce picture was not why he was fired by Asplöven.

Source in Swedish http://hbwebben.se/hockeyordforande-...ng-av-hakkors/

Default Re: The Social Democrats lose their status as the largest party in Sweden to the Sweden Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Of course, Finland could have stayed neutral but it figured it could make a land grab by allying with the Nazis. The symbol isn't Nazi, but it's not hard to see why it would be taboo when this swastika was flying alongside Germany's.
    Are you trying to justify this guy getting fired for taking picture of this finnish airplane with old emblem on it?

Anyways, going very offtopic, but you really think Finland could have stayed neutral between Germany and USSR clashing? Finland naturally was afraid Soviet Union would try to invade again soon and Germany was the only one willing to ally and help in that situation. Sweden could stay neutral since they shared no border with Soviet Union and gave everything Nazis needed (iron ore, allowing safe passage through) to them so invading wasn't necessary. But it is likely Germans could have ended up invading Finland like they did to Norway and Denmark, had Finland refused to cooperate in upcoming Operation Barbarossa.

So staying "neutral" between two giants clashing and likely ending up as one of the areas where they would have fought and demolished every city to rubble, or participating along the side that was attacking our enemy we had fought just 1 year ago, the latter was taken. As the saying goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Same mentality united unlikely allies, democratic western powers and communistic russia. Even though those same western powers had just couple decades ago helped whites vs reds conflict, siding against communists. Anyways finland was small pawn on chessboard played by lot bigger players and did what it had to, to survive and stay independent, there were only bad and questionable choices those days available and had to pick the one that most likely would keep us independent.

And about your land grab mention, Finland mostly just took the areas it had lost year ago in peace terms. Mannerheim also denied Hitler's requests to shut down encirclement of Leningrad (St. Petersburg) and instead halted forces before going too close to it, as he figured russians would never forgive going further and we would eventually have to live with em as neighbours again in future. There is historical placate in one street in St. Peterburg telling to beware artillery fire coming from south, but none coming from north (finnish side). Mannerheim lived and served long in St. Petersburg when younger and there is even Hotel there nowdays named after him.

http://www.marshal-hotel.com/museum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_..._participation

"Finnish troops had already earlier in August 1941 received orders to halt the advance after reaching their goals, some of which lay beyond the pre-Winter War border. After reaching their respective goals, the Finns halted their advance and started moving troops to East Karelia.[40][41] For the next three years, the Finns did little to contribute to the battle for Leningrad, maintaining their lines.[42] Their headquarters rejected German pleas for aerial attacks against Leningrad[43] and did not advance farther south from the Svir River in occupied East Karelia (160 kilometres northeast of Leningrad), which they had reached on 7 September."

Anyways sorry for offtopic in Sweden related topic. Wasn't my intention when bringing up that swedish ice hockey news piece.

Also thanks Adar for correction on the story.

"On August 4, shared Mr Janzon a picture depicting people wearing shirts with swastikas and a Hitler-image."

That is actually well known finnish comic strip, that particular piece is making fun of skinheads, the guy is telling how he got bonus card for certain shops, so now he and his buddies can beat random people in that franchise stores too.

Anyways i still find it very questionable they make someone resign for such trivial seeming reasons.
    Last edited by Ziltoid; October 02, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

No, I don't think the guy should have lost his job simply for posing next to a Finnish airplane with a swastika on it.

In any case, the discussion on Finland's wartime alliance with the Nazis is indeed off topic, but I simply brought it up to present the line of thought that could be used to justify sacking the coach.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    Sorry about slight necro but Angry Foreigner released again intresting youtube video i think people ought to see about this topic. It has also english subtitles if you click that button for those who can inte tala svenska.

It's about Henrik Arnstad who represented swedish perspective in danish talk show on these matters. And who is also self proclaimed expert on racism, immigration and labeling everything as racist and nazi.
    My favorite part is when he tried to claim Lord of the Rings is fascist and shouldn't be popular in a democracy.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    My favorite part is when he tried to claim Lord of the Rings is fascist and shouldn't be popular in a democracy.
    will you please remove your fascist signature pic otherwise arnstad will spank you
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    will you please remove your fascist signature pic otherwise arnstad will spank you

That sounded vaguely homosexual. My dream date fantasy is to be spanked by a tall beautiful Swedish blonde femme fatale. I never expected that to include this retard. "YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR FASCIST LOTR DVD BOX SET NOW!"

Cult of Sauron is a religion of peace, you better check your privilege, racist orkophobe!
    But seriously, wasn't he the same guy who called all vikings "war criminals" and said we should view them in the same way as we view SS?
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; October 03, 2015 at 10:23 AM.

Senator

Oh goody, one of those fun guys, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Cult of Sauron is a religion of peace, you better check your privilege, racist orkophobe!
    But seriously, wasn't he the same guy who called all vikings "war criminals" and said we should view them in the same way as we view SS?
    Yes, because our 20th-21st century moral standards, Geneva Conventions on practices of warfare, and International Criminal Court at the Hague are relevant and applicable to the people, events, and moral standards of the 9th century.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234