Thread: Installation Issues

Default Installation Issues

Hey, I have the steam version of a game and a desktop shortcut. I installed Lands to Conquer Gold, the installer brought up the whole thing where I hit agree agree agree agree and it installs and I'm left with the Medieval II Total war and LTC desktop shortcut. Now how do I launch the mod?

Default Re: Installation Issues

I have medieval II at version 1.52 with the four different vanilla campaigns and I have dl'd and installed ltc but like matt I cant seem to launch the mod. A command prompt briefly flashes and then nothing. NO loading or anything. MII shortcut works fine from dcesktop but takes me to vanilla game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yep, I have this same issue. The DOS Popup appears briefly then disappears. I used to be able to run this on Steam with Windows 7, but am having issues getting it set up again on Windows 10. I know this mod is old, but it is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by DBMinor1988 View Post
    I have medieval II at version 1.52 with the four different vanilla campaigns and I have dl'd and installed ltc but like matt I cant seem to launch the mod. A command prompt briefly flashes and then nothing. NO loading or anything. MII shortcut works fine from dcesktop but takes me to vanilla game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Silvanus View Post
    Yep, I have this same issue. The DOS Popup appears briefly then disappears. I used to be able to run this on Steam with Windows 7, but am having issues getting it set up again on Windows 10. I know this mod is old, but it is one of my favorites.
    all you need is you must edit the launching batch file of the mod and replace kindgoms.exe part with medieval2.exe.
    and also right-click medieval2 shortcut then go properties add --landstoconquer.cfg to target line of shortcut. leave a space between last (") and --landsto...

ofc this mod is for kingdoms but we have collection version of the game so v1.52 there is no kingdoms.exe...only medieval2.exe...thats why you get that error. cuz it will search kingdoms.exe..