Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settlement on valid yet invalid tile on campaign map

Libertus

Default Settlement on valid yet invalid tile on campaign map

I've had this... glitch... for a little while now, but I was focused on solving a problem in a different thread in this sub-forum to worry about this before now, because as far as I can tell... this works, at least for a human player. I'll explain:

I extracted the Magnus Mundus BI map, cleaned out the map files (like units in mercenaries.txt and descr_rebel_factions.txt not vanilla, etc), and turned it into a working map for the original BI and began modding. When I turned on the "-show_err" command line (like I always do when I start modding) I always got this same error message from the command line:

Script Error in:
    Bi/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 1838, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile (32,88) for the settlement of Pamplana.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    Pamplana is a new settlement added by the Magnus Mundus BI map, literally on the northern coast of Iberia owned by the WRE. It's close enough to the sea that I'd understand the game might think it's on an invalid tile. However, I can move armies in and out of Pamplana without issue when I play the WRE. I also did a "watch" campaign as the Western Roman Rebels (whom I placed in southern Iberia) to see if the AI had any troubles moving armies in and out of there. Honestly... it's hard for me to say either way.

I posted 3 pictures to Imgur to hopefully help a little:

http://imgur.com/DI8wNIe,P9d2t21,Q0PtF5C#0

The first image (you can switch between images at the top of the image, where it says first, second, and third images), is of me at the start of a WRE campaign with Pamplana's general selected. As you can see by the green movement zone, I can move the general out of Pamplana and anywhere else on the map later if I wanted. I tested this and could move the general in that area.

The second image is a turn or two after the campaign starts. the 1 unit army to the left seems to be the first move the AI always does in Pamplana. So... at least the AI can move left.

The third image may be the most useless. Obviously Pamplana has a bigger military presents. While Pamplana actually starts with no military structures, I suppose the WRE could be recruiting peasants or have building a level 1 barracks by turn 4 or 5 when I took this snapshot. Or... as you can see by the two armies moving south, the WRE could have move reinforcements in. It's hard to tell when the "end turn process" takes all of 2 seconds. I also believe the lower WRE army in this picture outside Pamplana (the one that appears to be one unit) is the same one that was to the left of the settlement in image 2. I could be wrong though. You know, now that I think about it... I could have not "skipped AI movement" and watched. Darn. I'll do that and check back when someone answers.

So, as far as I can tell, the "tile" Pamplana is on doesn't affect any human player movements. However, I cannot be completely sure about the AI's movement paths. The person who made this map obviously wanted AI and human players to take settlements in a certain order, as Iberian roads stick to the eastern end until you get to the southern tip, then go back up the other end. There are no roads through the middle of Iberia on this map, in fact, the settlement below Pamplana has no roads for it's entire region!

I would like to solve the problem, even if the AI movements aren't hindered in any fashion, because while the error message doesn't block all others (maybe 25% based on experience), it does prevent certain KTM errors from appearing when I exit the game after testing an edit, and shows the one about Pamplana above.

However, I have ZERO mapping experience with the Total War series entire. The extend to what I know allows me to remove maps from one mod and place them in another. I have never edited the physical map or map_regions.tga before.

Okay, my questions:

1. The obvious one: how to I move the settlement of Pamplana to a tile that's "valid"? My guess would be that "dot" in the middle of each region in the map_regions.tga file. I have a copy of GIMP available for editing, but I'm not all that good at such edits. I'm willing to learn though. Do I need to adjust the road coming in to Pamplana when I do so? How do I find a valid tile? I seriously have no experience modding maps.

2. How do I check to make sure the AI's movement through Pamplana is unhindered? Will just turning off the "skip AI movment" option and watching the WRE's movement through there do?

3. I don't know if you guys are going to want to check my files yourselves, so what other files are necessary to do this besides the map_regions.tga file?

4. I would also like to ask how hard it is to add additional road segments to this map. Like a said, Iberia needs some more road paths. There are many places on this map where you think there should be a road and there isn't. Is there any coding for the AI to tell them to use the road segment I want to add?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Foederatus

Default Re: Settlement on valid yet invalid tile on campaign map

Hi again

1. In map_regions.tga, black pixels mark the positions of towns, white pixels the positions of ports, respectively. In order to move a settlement (a port), you want to colour the tile you want the settlement (port) at black (white). That is, RGB values of (0 0 0) or (255 255 255), respectively. I use paint.net for image editing, and since my experience in this area is quite limited, I can only explain specific functions and tools in that particular programme, I'm sorry.

Ingame, mouse over the spot you want to move Pamplana to, open the console, and enter show_cursorstat. Note these coordinates and move the black pixel in map_regions.tga. While the X value given ingame is the same as in your graphics programme, you have to calculate the Y value by subtracting the value given ingame by your map's height as the game counts Y values from bottom to top.

However, map_regions.tga is NOT the file RTW uses when region borders are created but corrected_regions.tga in RTW's main folder is. In map_regions.tga you can only "suggest" layouts for regions, RTW then processes them into actual region borders considering map_heights.tga, which is the file coastlines (and heights, obviously) are defined.

Your error is probably due to the settlement being either on mountains, high mountains or dense forest defined in map_ground_types.tga (see 4. for further explanations, as this file is also important regarding roads), water in map_heights.tga, rivers and cliffs in map_features.tga (or cliffs_debug.tga, which is corrected_regions.tga counterpart in RTW's main folder).
    Unfortunately, map_heights.tga und and map_ground_types.tga are double the size of map_regions.tga, which makes finding the error somewhat harder, as your settlement makes up one pixel in dr.tga but four in the other files, so none of the four pixels can be impassable. But there is a handy console command: Open the console, enter (without the "") "toggle_terrain X" and hit enter, overlaying the colours from the game's map files. X may be, amongst others,
    region (map_regions.tga)
    tiletype (map_ground_types.tga)
    climate (map_climates.tga)
    features (map_features.tga)
    and "choke", which is the one you want, colouring any impassable tile except for water red.
    Remove the overlay by entering just "toggle_terrain".

2. I think there is little you can do about it than testing, probably watching ai-only campaigns (command line parameter -ai). So yes.

3. In order to add regions, you have to
    a) define that region's borders in map_regions.tga using a unique, non-black, non-white, non-sea-colour colour of a defined RGB value;
    b) create an entry in descr_regions.txt providing in eight lines followed by an empty line the 1. region's internal name 2. settlement's internal name 3. creator faction 4. rebel faction's internal name 5. RGB value as in map_regions.tga 6. resources and hidden resources, comma-separated 7. triumph value (always 5) 8. base farm level
    c) provide the region's and settlement's names in text\campaignname_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in this format: {internal name as in descr_regions.txt} name as shown ingame
    d) define that region's rebel faction in descr_rebel_factions.txt
    e) provide that region's rebel faction name in text\rebel_faction_descr.txt in this format:{internalname as in descr_rebel_factions.txt} name as shown ingame

These are all the files you will need in order to make a region and settlement playable without errors. However, if you want mercenaries to be recruitable, you have to add your regions internal name to a pool in world\maps\campaigns\campaignname\descr_mercenaries.txt. You can also make up new pools with names of your choice, they are not used elsewhere. Also, if you want your settlement to be more than an empty village owned by the rebels, you have to provide suitable entries for that settlement and its garrison in descr_strat.txt.

4. As for roads, they are dynamically calculated by the RTW engine. Your only option of controlling road layouts is through use of unpassble terrain such as water, rivers (though rivers consist of water as well as seas and lakes, they are defined differently in RTW files), mountains, and dense forest. However, some modders making excessive use of this have reported crashes due to bad ai pathfinding. But in your case, it seems, it is rather a matter of strip mining spanish mountains, hence reducing unpassable terrain. You can do this by changing the RGB values in map_ground_types.tga from mountains or high mountains to something else. Check out Myrdraal's mapping guide where a list of ground types and their associated RGB values is provided. It is a pinned thread in the mapping forum, but I'm sure you already know that guide.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by adelie penguin View Post
    Hi again
    Hi Penguin. How did I know you would reply? Thanks for coming to help again.

3. In order to add regions, you have to
    a) define that region's borders in map_regions.tga using a unique, non-black, non-white, non-sea-colour colour of a defined RGB value;
    b) create an entry in descr_regions.txt providing in eight lines followed by an empty line the 1. region's internal name 2. settlement's internal name 3. creator faction 4. rebel faction's internal name 5. RGB value as in map_regions.tga 6. resources and hidden resources, comma-separated 7. triumph value (always 5) 8. base farm level
    c) provide the region's and settlement's names in text\campaignname_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in this format: {internal name as in descr_regions.txt} name as shown ingame
    d) define that region's rebel faction in descr_rebel_factions.txt
    e) provide that region's rebel faction name in text\rebel_faction_descr.txt in this format:{internalname as in descr_rebel_factions.txt} name as shown ingame

These are all the files you will need in order to make a region and settlement playable without errors. However, if you want mercenaries to be recruitable, you have to add your regions internal name to a pool in world\maps\campaigns\campaignname\descr_mercenaries.txt. You can also make up new pools with names of your choice, they are not used elsewhere. Also, if you want your settlement to be more than an empty village owned by the rebels, you have to provide suitable entries for that settlement and its garrison in descr_strat.txt.
    Most of that I was aware of, but NOT all. Glad you're a great source of information! Copied and kept for future reference. Thanks.

2. I think there is little you can do about it than testing, probably watching ai-only campaigns (command line parameter -ai). So yes.
    I might do that, but since the error is caused by a red tile in the northwest corner, away from where you would normally want to go, I'm going to assume it's okay for now... at least until I figure out how to move that black pixel.

There is a handy console command: Open the console, enter (without the "") "toggle_terrain X" and hit enter, overlaying the colours from the game's map files. X may be, amongst others,
    region (map_regions.tga)
    tiletype (map_ground_types.tga)
    climate (map_climates.tga)
    features (map_features.tga)
    and "choke", which is the one you want, colouring any impassable tile except for water red.
    Remove the overlay by entering just "toggle_terrain".
    Cool! Always wondered what those did. Choke was useful. Found the "red tile" it's on!

Ingame, mouse over the spot you want to move Pamplana to, open the console, and enter show_cursorstat.
    I'm well aware of this command line, and often use it to place armies correctly in settlements, plus to place agents around the map. Very helpful on new maps like this one. However, for the purposes of finding the coordinates of Pamplana... it was completely unnecessary as the error I keep getting keeps reminding me where it is: x 32, y 88.

Your error is probably due to the settlement being either on mountains, high mountains or dense forest defined in map_ground_types.tga (see 4. for further explanations, as this file is also important regarding roads), water in map_heights.tga, rivers and cliffs in map_features.tga (or cliffs_debug.tga, which is corrected_regions.tga counterpart in RTW's main folder).
    It's close to mountains, but it's probably the red tile in the northwest corner next to the sea that's causing the error.

While the X value given ingame is the same as in your graphics programme, you have to calculate the Y value by subtracting the value given ingame by your map's height as the game counts Y values from bottom to top.
    Read that a long time ago. Good reminder.

4. As for roads, they are dynamically calculated by the RTW engine. Your only option of controlling road layouts is through use of unpassble terrain such as water, rivers (though rivers consist of water as well as seas and lakes, they are defined differently in RTW files), mountains, and dense forest. However, some modders making excessive use of this have reported crashes due to bad ai pathfinding. But in your case, it seems, it is rather a matter of strip mining spanish mountains, hence reducing unpassable terrain. You can do this by changing the RGB values in map_ground_types.tga from mountains or high mountains to something else. Check out Myrdraal's mapping guide where a list of ground types and their associated RGB values is provided. It is a pinned thread in the mapping forum, but I'm sure you already know that guide.
    So, what you're saying is: the game creates the roads automatically when creating the map.rwm, and the only way for me to change the roads is for me to remove the "unpassable" terrain such as mountains, rivers, water, and dense forests just enough so the game believes it can create a road between point A and point B where I want it to, as long as it is "dynamically sound"?

Okay, so I immediately made a backup copy of map_regions.tga... then I started editing the file with GIMP. According to the error (and the show_cursorstat command line), Pamplana currently sits at x 32, y 88. The map size is x 255, y 156. So, I inverted the y coordinate by subtraction, and found that it's... on halves. What I mean is, since I knew the region that Pamplana is in, I just went there and found the black pixel for the region. The "coordinates" of the "black pixel" on my map_regions.tga is actually x 32.5, y 67.5, which is correct... sort of... (it should be x 32, y 68) if you correctly change the y coordinate. I thought you were suppose to round up on .5! Shouldn't the x coordinate be 33?

Anyway, since the red tile appears to be in the northwestern corner of the settlement (I have a link to a picture below), I figured moving the settlement 1 positive x coordinate over would do the trick. It won't go south into the mountains (as you'll see) and the tiles to the right aren't red. So I move the black pixel from it's orginal coordinates (x 32.5, y 67.5) to one space to the right (x 33.5, y 67.5). I made sure the black was all 0's in RGB, and that the old pixel spot was the same color as the rest of the region. I saved the file, and deleted the map.rwm.

I loaded the map, waited for the new map.rwm to form, the campaign started, I got excited, and... NOTHING CHANGED.

Pamplana is still in the same darn place as it was with the old map_region.tga, as if it never registered. I even tried again, this time trying to put Pamplana in exactly the right coordinates on the map_regions.tga file (x 33, y 68) and that just ended up coloring the 4 pixel tiles it was touching.

Penguin, what did I miss? If I understand everything you told me correctly, all I needed to do was look at the different map files and make sure I didn't move that black pixel onto an invalid tile and then place the black pixel there and the city should move. Is that incorrect?

Here are some pictures I took of with toggle_terrain choke, tiletype, and features on:

http://imgur.com/9smMc7y,Ao1xTR5,tbL...X7SjKc,h374S0s

Picture 1: Pamplana with toggle_terrain choke on. I know it's hard to see (I don't know how to "spin" the campaign camera to look "south"), you'll noticed a red tile in the top left part of Pamplana.

Picture 2: Pamplana with toggle_terrain tiletype on. Okay, I'm assuming the "darker green" to the right of Pamplana is "dense forest". Would I get the same error if I move Pamplana onto that tile? I mean, in the first picture, the "dark green" area there isn't a red tile section.

Picture 3: Pamplana with toggle_terrain features on. Just in case.

Pictures 4-6 are Sarmatia above the Black Sea. This is the other "obviously missing" road segment. I want to create a road between Creanni and either Navaris or Tanais. But I'm not sure what's "blocking" a road from being formed. It's the same order as before, 4-6 are choke, tiletype, and features. Could you tell me what's blocking the road from forming so I can change it please?

I also found the code to have your username at the top of the quotes! Sorry for not doing that earlier.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Vanguard View Post
    So, what you're saying is: the game creates the roads automatically when creating the map.rwm, and the only way for me to change the roads is for me to remove the "unpassable" terrain such as mountains, rivers, water, and dense forests just enough so the game believes it can create a road between point A and point B where I want it to, as long as it is "dynamically sound"?
    Yes, and there have to be settlements in adjacent regions. Only these will be connected by roads. Ports will connected by cul-de-sac roads, unless the main road has no better option than going through the port. And, obviously, for the roads to appear they have to be built either in DS or ingame.
    Okay, so I immediately made a backup copy of map_regions.tga... then I started editing the file with GIMP. According to the error (and the show_cursorstat command line), Pamplana currently sits at x 32, y 88. The map size is x 255, y 156. So, I inverted the y coordinate by subtraction, and found that it's... on halves. What I mean is, since I knew the region that Pamplana is in, I just went there and found the black pixel for the region. The "coordinates" of the "black pixel" on my map_regions.tga is actually x 32.5, y 67.5, which is correct... sort of... (it should be x 32, y 68) if you correctly change the y coordinate. I thought you were suppose to round up on .5! Shouldn't the x coordinate be 33?
    I guess for some reason, this is due to Gimp oddly numbering the pixels. Fraction numbered pixels never occured to me in any map_regions.tga.
    Penguin, what did I miss? If I understand everything you told me correctly, all I needed to do was look at the different map files and make sure I didn't move that black pixel onto an invalid tile and then place the black pixel there and the city should move. Is that incorrect?
    In theory this should be right. Compare map_regions.tga and corrected_regions.tga for variations in Pamplana's surroundings.
    Pictures 4-6 are Sarmatia above the Black Sea. This is the other "obviously missing" road segment. I want to create a road between Creanni and either Navaris or Tanais. But I'm not sure what's "blocking" a road from being formed. It's the same order as before, 4-6 are choke, tiletype, and features. Could you tell me what's blocking the road from forming so I can change it please?
    That is a simple one. No road is created between Creanni and Navaris because they do not share a common border. Creanni and Tanais do, but due to the River Don (which the greeks called Tanais, not quite incidentally) they are separated in a way that does not allow a road being created without it touching a third region (that is, Navaris' region). In the following image, coloured in green is the area you have to hand from Navaris to Tanais in order to allow a road being calculated. Alternatively, you can add a ford in map_features.tga at the spot I coloured purple. Just colour that particular river pixel in RGB (0 255 255). Either way, delete map.rwm afterwards.

I also found the code to have your username at the top of the quotes! Sorry for not doing that earlier.
    And I found 25 posts the line we have to pass in order to edit posts.

Libertus

And I found 25 posts the line we have to pass in order to edit posts.
    Well, don't worry. At the rate I'm making progress I'll get you 2 posts in this thread. For me to get 12 after this... well... one post at a time!

I guess for some reason, this is due to Gimp oddly numbering the pixels. Fraction numbered pixels never occured to me in any map_regions.tga.
    Could this cause the issue of me not being able to change anything? Because... I still can't change anything! Although, I discovered something "interesting" below...

That is a simple one. No road is created between Creanni and Navaris because they do not share a common border. Creanni and Tanais do, but due to the River Don (which the greeks called Tanais, not quite incidentally) they are separated in a way that does not allow a road being created without it touching a third region (that is, Navaris' region). In the following image, coloured in green is the area you have to hand from Navaris to Tanais in order to allow a road being calculated. Alternatively, you can add a ford in map_features.tga at the spot I coloured purple. Just colour that particular river pixel in RGB (0 255 255). Either way, delete map.rwm afterwards.
    I would agree that "this is a simple one" if I could change anything related to the map. This is most frustrating. This should have been the simplest change I've ever done to the map. The coordinates are x 191, y 111 for your "purple" suggestion. Figured that would be quick and easy. I found it in the map_features.tga (y inverted it is x 191.5, y 44.5 in GIMP) and I colored it (0 255 255) using the color picker tool on the same type of "ford" right above it. Saved it, deleted map.rwm, NOTHING CHANGED AGAIN!

I'm assuming if I actually "messed up" the RGB coloring of the tile, the game would crash because of it. So I assume I got the color correct for the tile. I deleted the map.rwm and saved the file. What more do I need to do? These files are not in administrator permission only folders, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to change descr_regions.txt so many times. I don't get it, Penguin. Maybe this will help explain things:

In theory this should be right. Compare map_regions.tga and corrected_regions.tga for variations in Pamplana's surroundings.
    Okay, this surprised me. I found the corrected_regions.tga in the RTW main folder, and it didn't take me long to realize something: the map_regions.tga I've been trying to mod isn't a "new map" like I thought. IT IS the corrected_regions.tga file!! It's a copy/paste job! It has the same regions, same RGB colors, same black and white pixel locations! So I looked at the map_features.tga, map_ground_types.tga, and map_heights.tga for both the Rome Total War and my Barbarian Invasion Map: with the exception of a few extra river crossings in the map_features.tga for my mod, they are IDENTICAL. I didn't even see that!

Wow. Okay. I compared them like you asked. With the exception of my "unregistered" movement of Pamplana's black pixel 1 positive x coordinate over, they are identical. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's significant.

What now, Penguin?

Foederatus

I guess you are deleting the wrong map.rwm. Do you edit in world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion and world/maps/base or did you follow Myrdraal's guide creating a new folder containing both the files of the base and barbarian_invasion folders?

Also, do you edit in the original BI folder or is your mod in a separate mod folder you access using a shortcut with the -mod command line switch?

Libertus

I guess you are deleting the wrong map.rwm.
    Hard not to delete the right one since I have only one.

Do you edit in world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion and world/maps/base?
    The one in "barbarian_invasion" because that's the only one I have. I don't have one inside the base folder. Should I have one there? Oh... the orginal Rome Total War has one there. Why didn't I... Okay, the original download I had of the Magnus Mundus Map DID NOT have a map.rwm inside the base folder like it should. How do I create one?

Or did you follow Myrdraal's guide creating a new folder containing both the files of the base and barbarian_invasion folders?
    I haven't look there. If reality doesn't get in the way, I'm trying to edit other parts of my mod. I've got one or two stubborn bugs that won't disappear and I'm trying to integrate a new building chain into the game. Right now I'm trying to find good sized images of Total War Attila buildings (the one's on honga.net are the only ones I can find and they are too small (108,76) to be crisp and clear at size 361,163 for the building_constructed.tga). Believe it or not I haven't purchased Total War Attila yet.

I'll see if I can look, but based on what you just said, I'm thinking my problem is I don't have a map.rwm inside by base folder.

Also, do you edit in the original BI folder or is your mod in a separate mod folder you access using a shortcut with the -mod command line switch?
    I'm using the original BI folder (no mod switching). Honestly I prefer it that way despite the disadvantages. I always keep backups though, including the entirety of the vanilla BI folder.

Libertus

Crap... got to double-post! I apologize, Penguin, I misread your post.

I thought you were referring solely to deleting map.rwm files in both folders, not editing the tga files. I then of course realized they are in both. I had only modified the tga files in the "base" folder... not the "barbarian_invasion" folder. My bad, and a really sad thing to miss.

So I copied/pasted the map_features.tga and map_regions.tga I edited in the "base" folder over into the "barbarian_invasion" folder. I deleted the map.rwm again.

When I tried to start a campaign as the Roxolani I got a KTM error. So I exited to find out what happened... and this showed up:

Script Error in:
    Bi/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 1838, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile (32,88) for the settlement of Pamplana.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    This was not one of those time were I wanted this to show up instead of the error I needed. The other ones I could fix by retracing my steps. This one... not so much.

However, the game did create a new map.rwm inside the "barbarian_invasion" folder. So... at least that worked. I guess I either didn't get the colors right in the tga files or messed up something else.

I don't know what the error is to tell you so you can help me fix it because of the Pamplana error that we are trying to fix! LOL...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to upload the files to you and see if you can figure it out. But wouldn't you need things like my descr_strat.txt and descr_region.txt as well? Okay, if we decide I need to upload all these files to you (because I'm at a loss...) which files do you need?

Thanks for being patient with me Penguin. I appreciate the help.

Foederatus

Believe it or not I haven't purchased Total War Attila yet.
    Neither have I. In fact, I have not purchased any TW game after buying M2TW: Kingdoms. Tested all of them, though, but I liked none of them. However I will purchase Attila as soon as it gets far cheaper because it is set up in my 'favorite' historical timeframe.
    Honestly I prefer it that way despite the disadvantages. I always keep backups though, including the entirety of the vanilla BI folder.
    I do as well. Since hard disk space is not an issue considering the comparatively small amounts of data these old games consist of, I always have three entirely separate RTW main folders: One for playing, one for tinkering, and one patched but otherwise untouched Vanilla install.

Crap... got to double-post! I apologize, Penguin, I misread your post.

I thought you were referring solely to deleting map.rwm files in both folders, not editing the tga files. I then of course realized they are in both. I had only modified the tga files in the "base" folder... not the "barbarian_invasion" folder. My bad, and a really sad thing to miss.

So I copied/pasted the map_features.tga and map_regions.tga I edited in the "base" folder over into the "barbarian_invasion" folder. I deleted the map.rwm again.

When I tried to start a campaign as the Roxolani I got a KTM error. So I exited to find out what happened... and this showed up:

This was not one of those time were I wanted this to show up instead of the error I needed. The other ones I could fix by retracing my steps. This one... not so much.

However, the game did create a new map.rwm inside the "barbarian_invasion" folder. So... at least that worked. I guess I either didn't get the colors right in the tga files or messed up something else.

I don't know what the error is to tell you so you can help me fix it because of the Pamplana error that we are trying to fix! LOL...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to upload the files to you and see if you can figure it out. But wouldn't you need things like my descr_strat.txt and descr_region.txt as well? Okay, if we decide I need to upload all these files to you (because I'm at a loss...) which files do you need?.
    The game first looks for all the map files in the barbarian_invasion folder. If it finds everything it needs in there, it just skips looking what is inside the base folder. So you can EITHER put all files into the barbarian_invasion folder OR you can put, as Vanilla does, several files into the base folder. If all the map files (map_climates.tga, map_FE.tga, map_features.tga, map_ground_types.tga, map_heights.tga, map_regions.tga, map_roughness.tga, map_trade_routes.tga, water_surface.tga) and text files (descr_disasters.txt, descr_regions.txt, descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt, descr_terrain.txt) normally present in the base folder exist in the barbarian_invasion folder, no changes made to the files in the base folder or deleted map.rwm files in the base folder will have any effect ingame. So in order to move Pamplana and add a ford you have to do that to the suitable files in barbarian_invasion and delete the map.rwm file in barbarian_invasion.

Libertus

The game first looks for all the map files in the barbarian_invasion folder. If it finds everything it needs in there, it just skips looking what is inside the base folder. So you can EITHER put all files into the barbarian_invasion folder OR you can put, as Vanilla does, several files into the base folder. If all the map files (map_climates.tga, map_FE.tga, map_features.tga, map_ground_types.tga, map_heights.tga, map_regions.tga, map_roughness.tga, map_trade_routes.tga, water_surface.tga) and text files (descr_disasters.txt, descr_regions.txt, descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt, descr_terrain.txt) normally present in the base folder exist in the barbarian_invasion folder, no changes made to the files in the base folder or deleted map.rwm files in the base folder will have any effect ingame. So in order to move Pamplana and add a ford you have to do that to the suitable files in barbarian_invasion and delete the map.rwm file in barbarian_invasion.
    Okay. That makes sense. So I decided to start clean. I deleted the map_features.tga and the map_regions.tga and retrieved the originals from the Magnus Mundus BI rar I still have. I again moved Pamplana's black pixel over one space and recolor the original pixel to match the region's color. And... on a hunch... I found my problem!

I used the "color picker tool" to "double-check" the color I placed for both the black pixel and the recoloring of the old space to the region's color. They were wrong.

They were both very close, but incorrect colors. The "black pixel" was suppose to be (0 0 0)... it was reading as (1 1 1)... which doesn't work. The regional color Pamplana is in is (103 119 193) but the color picker told me the color I tried to put in the original tile was actually (102 118 192)... all of them were 1 off.

I finally managed to use both the paintbrush and buck fill tools to get the colors correct. And I saved the file. I "double-checked" what I did in the map_features.tga file. Again same thing: suppose to be (0 255 255) but came out (0 253 255). Again... correct this error. Saved. Deleted map.rwm.

This time... it worked! I loaded the map successfully to see my changes had all taken perfectly!

However... when I got out, I got an error message:

Script Error in:
    You have chosen an invalid tile (33,88) for the settlement of Pamplana.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    Ha... ha... ha! Not funny. Please note that the coordinates of Pamplana changed in the error message from (32,88) originally to now the correct but still apparently invalid (33,88).

And here are the pictures I would like to show you:

http://imgur.com/RFPG9gq,rXMabna

Picture 1: The map_features.tga change took. There is now a road connecting Creanni to Tanais! Thank you! Now... to correct Iberia!

Picture 2: Pamplana again with toggle_terrain choke turned on, this time moved over one space to the right. You can now clearly see the red tile that Pamplana was sitting on originally next to the sea. I don't know why it's still complaining. I'm thinking of moving it 1 more space right and then 1 DOWN. So the coordinates of Pamplana goes from x 33, y 88 as it is now to x 34, y 87. Do you believe this will work Penguin?

Oh... and before I forget to ask yet again, how do you get those full size pictures into your posts? Like the one you should me of Creanni, Tanais, and Navaris with your green and purple boxes added? It would be simpler if I just have one picture to show instead of uploading to Imgur.

And congratulations on being able to edit your posts!

Foederatus

Picture 2: Pamplana again with toggle_terrain choke turned on, this time moved over one space to the right. You can now clearly see the red tile that Pamplana was sitting on originally next to the sea. I don't know why it's still complaining. I'm thinking of moving it 1 more space right and then 1 DOWN. So the coordinates of Pamplana goes from x 33, y 88 as it is now to x 34, y 87. Do you believe this will work Penguin?
    I think it should work, maybe it still touches the sea a little. Remember, the actual coastline is calculated by map_heights.tga, not map_regions.tga. You could also attach map_regions.tga, map_heights.tga and map_ground_types.tga so I can have a look at them. Anyway, if Pamplana is identical to modern day Pamplona - do not worry and move it down and to the right, Pamplona is not located at the sea
    Oh... and before I forget to ask yet again, how do you get those full size pictures into your posts? Like the one you should me of Creanni, Tanais, and Navaris with your green and purple boxes added? It would be simpler if I just have one picture to show instead of uploading to Imgur.
    I do upload my images to Imgur as well. After uploading, just click on an image so you get the URL directly leading to that image. Paste it into [*img]http://i.imgur.com/rXMabna.png[*/img] tags but without the asterisk symbols (*).
    And congratulations on being able to edit your posts!
    No more double-posts, yay.

Libertus

Since no administrators have come by to complain, I'm just going to keep double-posting as needed until I get to 25 posts.

Why am I waiting for such an easy edit? I went ahead and changed Pamplana's black pixel from x 33, y 88 to x 34, y 87. And guess what?

You would be correct in guessing that it solved the issue as I didn't get the same error message upon exiting: I GOT A NEW ONE!

Script Error in:
    Bi/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 2703, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile (153,57) for the settlement of Lesbos.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    Ha... ha... ha! SO NOT FUNNY! You've got to be kidding me!

Hey... how do I get the order hammer smiley to do it's animation?

Penguin... this one is a LOT worse than the Pamplana one.

Okay, Lesbos is an island settlement on the Island of... Lesbos (yes... very creative) owned by the ERE. According to the toggle_terrain command lines, this island shouldn't even be usable, much less have a settlement on it and a region dedicated to it!

Okay, since I'm double-posting and you've not read my first post... Imgur time it is:

http://imgur.com/Agmir7K,yAkZ3Ny#0

Picture 1: This is Lesbos! And this picture demonstrates the ONLY WAY OFF the island! That's it! You cannot take any armies or agents out of Lesbos without a navy being right there... and the navy is the only place it can go! You can't even take that army out to reach the Lesbos port! I really should have done a more thorough testing of the ERE.

Picture 2: This explains why you can't move anywhere. The entire island is RED! Heck, the island to the left of it (much larger) is completely red, but the island below it has dark grey on it? I'm guessing the different shades of gray represent the height of the land as designated by the map_heights.tga?

Okay... if this map is actually just a copy/paste job of the "corrected"... yeah... corrected_regions.tga from the RTW main folder, then it's not "corrected" very well.

This doesn't look good to me. This is what I can think of to do:

1. Something is off in the map_heights.tga file causing the game to believe Lesbos Island is too low? The tiles for Lesbos Island in the map_heights.tga are very dark. I don't know, but maybe some proper editing of the map_heights.tga would help unred some of these tiles? Also, I'm assuming that if I do any editing to the map_heights.tga I also need to delete the map_heights.hgt file as well as the map.rwm?

2. I "expand" the island, assuming the island is just too small for there to be enough clear tiles for the settlement to have enough space. That'll be tricky.

3. I either move or delete the region from the map. That sounds... very difficult too.

I could handle the Pamplana one alright. I'm definitely going to need your advisement on this one Penguin. Just tell me what you need to know (including one of my files if necessary).

Libertus

So much for double-posting that! I can't check and see if you've replied while I'm working on my posts... got to be careful and look for spelling/grammer errors and remember to place everything... so I use this as a double-post... for good measure! LOL!

Help Penguin?

Foederatus

Lesbos is quite small, yes, but you can make settlements on that island get to work. Can you actually upload your map_regions.tga, map.heights.tga and map_ground_types.tga? If you'd upload all the files I listed in post #2 it would be even better
    1. Something is off in the map_heights.tga file causing the game to believe Lesbos Island is too low? The tiles for Lesbos Island in the map_heights.tga are very dark. I don't know, but maybe some proper editing of the map_heights.tga would help unred some of these tiles? Also, I'm assuming that if I do any editing to the map_heights.tga I also need to delete the map_heights.hgt file as well as the map.rwm?
    "Very dark" as in "every tile is RGB (1 1 1)"? Then this what you want. Every land tile adjacent to sea tiles should be (1 1 1). Sometimes higher values will work just fine, though.
    2. I "expand" the island, assuming the island is just too small for there to be enough clear tiles for the settlement to have enough space. That'll be tricky.
    3. I either move or delete the region from the map. That sounds... very difficult too.
    And unneccessary as well. Many mods including my own one has settlements on Lesbos. Even Vanilla has one on a very small island (Rhodos).

Libertus

There you are! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Can you actually upload your map_regions.tga, map.heights.tga and map_ground_types.tga? If you'd upload all the files I listed in post #2 it would be even better
    I'm assuming by "all the files" from your #2 post you mean all the files necessary to get my map to work with your original BI game? I've attached an .rar file with the necessary files to get my map into your Barbarian Invasion game. If I missed anything, tell me and I'll upload it for you.

Darn... I uploaded the files before I realized this:

Penguin, there is an "additional" unit listed in the descr_strat.txt file called "Sarmatian Chosen Warriors". They are basically a normal version of the horde unit, but you don't have them. So unless you want to create your own version of the unit in your own export_descr_units.txt, you'll need to delete the "sarmatian chosen warriors" entries from both the Sarmatians and Roxolani before loading the game. I apologize for not catching that before I uploaded. I think that's the only one you need to worry about.

Hey, speaking of map files, quick question: If all the map files (ground types, regions, climates, features, etc) I use are in the "barbarian_invasion" campaign folder, could I put the descr_regions.txt in the campaign folder too, or does it need to stay in the base folder?

And unneccessary as well. Many mods including my own one has settlements on Lesbos. Even Vanilla has one on a very small island (Rhodos).
    Okay... so why does the supposedly "corrected" regions.tga file have it where it's useless? Thanks for fixing this.

2 Other things I would like to mention:

I'm glad you replied when you did. I was about to start an enormous overhaul of my mod... which would have made giving you my map impossible... or at least without handing over the entire BI folder. I'm going to add two Amazonian factions from Amazon: Total War 3.0c into my mod, including the Amazonian culture. I have Don Guldor's guide from TW.org about creating a new culture in R:TW - Barbarian Invasion... but I think he missed some things. For instance, in his 15 step guide, he never once mentions export_buildings.txt and adding (for my case) Amazon as a culture for building descriptions.

I'm just looking for a second opinion here... anything worth noting you can think of as I add a new culture?

Also, I saw your "Vanishing Roads" thread. I didn't respond there because I honestly don't have a definitive answer for you. I went searching through Total War Center and Total War.org for answers, but... no one seems to have them. I don't know if this will help you in the least, but there were two things that crossed my mind... if you don't mind me just throwing you some silly ideas:

1. I have noticed that sometimes the map.rwm doesn't actually get created "properly" sometimes. I did an edit recently in my descr_regions.txt, deleted the map.rwm, and the game loaded all messed up. I finally just decided to "re-delete" the map.rwm and try again. The second time it loaded correctly. Don't know what caused the faulty map.rwm. Is it possible something similar happened to you and it makes your roads disappear? Maybe you've already tried this, but... I thought I should say something since it's possible.

2. Could it be your camera? I've seen glitches like that before, when the camera gets closer to something then it "vanishes"... you pull back the camera... it shows up again. I can't honestly tell you how to fix it if it is the camera, but it's like the opposite effect of when you create a unit without a sprite. Once you pull away from the unit, the unit disappears because when the game switches over to the sprites, it's not there... therefore, no unit appears. Could it be something similar?

Even if I'm completely wrong, I hope you find an answer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Foederatus

There you are! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
    Well... the reason I did neither mod/play nor answer was that I had to work. I work at a sort-of sports bar so weekends are far more busy than weekdays.
    I'm assuming by "all the files" from your #2 post you mean all the files necessary to get my map to work with your original BI game? I've attached an .rar file with the necessary files to get my map into your Barbarian Invasion game. If I missed anything, tell me and I'll upload it for you.
    Okay, I will try out and answer as soon as I find anything (or as soon as I despair of modding). Not sure if I will find the time tomorrow, and I definitely won't tonight. So sorry, but I have to ask for patience
    Penguin, there is an "additional" unit listed in the descr_strat.txt file called "Sarmatian Chosen Warriors". They are basically a normal version of the horde unit, but you don't have them. So unless you want to create your own version of the unit in your own export_descr_units.txt, you'll need to delete the "sarmatian chosen warriors" entries from both the Sarmatians and Roxolani before loading the game. I apologize for not catching that before I uploaded. I think that's the only one you need to worry about.
    Ok I will consider this.
    Hey, speaking of map files, quick question: If all the map files (ground types, regions, climates, features, etc) I use are in the "barbarian_invasion" campaign folder, could I put the descr_regions.txt in the campaign folder too, or does it need to stay in the base folder?
    You can put anything that by default is in the base folder into your campaign folder. RTW uses the base folder as a "shared" folder for all campaigns so people may create different campaigns using the same map files without the need to have copies of them. Consider the sons_of_mars campaign from Vanilla RTW (which is its tutorial campaign): All the files including descr_regions.txt are in the sons_of_mars folder.
    I'm glad you replied when you did. I was about to start an enormous overhaul of my mod... which would have made giving you my map impossible... or at least without handing over the entire BI folder. I'm going to add two Amazonian factions from Amazon: Total War 3.0c into my mod, including the Amazonian culture. I have Don Guldor's guide from TW.org about creating a new culture in R:TW - Barbarian Invasion... but I think he missed some things. For instance, in his 15 step guide, he never once mentions export_buildings.txt and adding (for my case) Amazon as a culture for building descriptions.
    In fact he does. In his guide, it just is not a numbered step in its own right. It is vaguely pointed out in step 6, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol Guldur from The Org
    Note that, as with other text files, you will need to create tags for your new culture's in-game text. This is so with export_buildings.txt for example.
    As I never added a new culture, I cannot tell if there is anything missing. His guide looks fine so far, but you don't spot problems until they cause a crash, do you.
    Also, I saw your "Vanishing Roads" thread. I didn't respond there because I honestly don't have a definitive answer for you. I went searching through Total War Center and Total War.org for answers, but... no one seems to have them. I don't know if this will help you in the least, but there were two things that crossed my mind... if you don't mind me just throwing you some silly ideas:

1. I have noticed that sometimes the map.rwm doesn't actually get created "properly" sometimes. I did an edit recently in my descr_regions.txt, deleted the map.rwm, and the game loaded all messed up. I finally just decided to "re-delete" the map.rwm and try again. The second time it loaded correctly. Don't know what caused the faulty map.rwm. Is it possible something similar happened to you and it makes your roads disappear? Maybe you've already tried this, but... I thought I should say something since it's possible.

2. Could it be your camera? I've seen glitches like that before, when the camera gets closer to something then it "vanishes"... you pull back the camera... it shows up again. I can't honestly tell you how to fix it if it is the camera, but it's like the opposite effect of when you create a unit without a sprite. Once you pull away from the unit, the unit disappears because when the game switches over to the sprites, it's not there... therefore, no unit appears. Could it be something similar?

Even if I'm completely wrong, I hope you find an answer.
    Thank you. I think it is nothing to do with map.rwm because I delete it frequently, but the glitch is always present. The camera is definitely part of the problems: Moving it a little will cause the roads (or rivers) to reappear as will zooming. By the way, there are no glitches when fully zoomed out. But same as for the rivers (where too high mountains cause the problem) - there must be something else because it does not happen in Vanilla.

Libertus

Well... the reason I did neither mod/play nor answer was that I had to work. I work at a sort-of sports bar so weekends are far more busy than weekdays.
    I figured it was something like that when you never replied once on Friday. It's okay. Reality is your priority, as it should be. I've got things I need to do during the day as well.

Okay, I will try out and answer as soon as I find anything (or as soon as I despair of modding). Not sure if I will find the time tomorrow, and I definitely won't tonight. So sorry, but I have to ask for patience.
    Like above, it's okay. Lesbos is just something I would like to fix, it's not like it crashes the game. There are other things I need to do before I'm ready to insert the Amazon culture (where I WILL need my -show_err command fully unblocked), never mind many "real life" things that need attending to!

Ok I will consider this.
    Just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't wonder why I didn't tell you why there is a non-vanilla unit in the descr_strat.txt file and the game suddenly "crashes" on you. You'll just have to delete (I think 3) lines of code, or add it for your own use so the game won't crash.

You can put anything that by default is in the base folder into your campaign folder. RTW uses the base folder as a "shared" folder for all campaigns so people may create different campaigns using the same map files without the need to have copies of them. Consider the sons_of_mars campaign from Vanilla RTW (which is its tutorial campaign): All the files including descr_regions.txt are in the sons_of_mars folder.
    That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. I think I'll move it over, make it simpler for later.

In fact he does. In his guide, it just is not a numbered step in its own right. It is vaguely pointed out in step 6, though:

As I never added a new culture, I cannot tell if there is anything missing. His guide looks fine so far, but you don't spot problems until they cause a crash, do you?
    No, you don't know until you miss that one little detail in the corner! At least it explains why I missed it. I did more of a general read. I'll be sure to read it thoroughly before starting my overhaul.

Thank you. I think it is nothing to do with map.rwm because I delete it frequently, but the glitch is always present. The camera is definitely part of the problems: Moving it a little will cause the roads (or rivers) to reappear as will zooming. By the way, there are no glitches when fully zoomed out. But same as for the rivers (where too high mountains cause the problem) - there must be something else because it does not happen in Vanilla.
    I figured you deleted the map.rwm frequently, but when I encounter something wrong I stop everything and retrace my steps to figure out what I did wrong, so deleting the map.rwm usually doesn't happen right after you discover a glitch, so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that simple.

As for the camera... when you move it they "reappear" as long as you keep the camera moving? Yeah... that sounds right. I'm sure you've deleted all the mountains and restored them to "correct" ranges of height to find out if that's the problem ... but...
    Is it that when you make the mountains too high, the game starts to move up the "low end range" of the height for the map? Assuming (0 0 0) RGB is "bottom height"... therefore the bottom of the range of the height... the game moves it up, say to RGB (5 5 5) or something, bring it up to keep the same "range" as the "heights" parameter from the descr_terrain.txt because the mountains are too high? Therefore the rivers appear "empty" because the "bottom height" of the map is now higher? The game moves the top and bottom range up when you make the mountains to high to compensate? Does any of that make sense?

Is it possible with your mod you have too much RAM being used and you don't have the LAA patch? Just another strange possibility... this game is strange with it's "bugs".

Thanks for taking the time to fix my map Penguin.

Libertus

Penguin, since I don't know when you'll get back to me, I'm just going to add this new post. I found "another" problem with my campaign map. I apologize, but I have had zero luck in fixing this... maybe I missed something completely obvious... but I cannot figure it out. You're my best option at this point.

The Roxolani ship model for the campaign map is red. As the Roxolani can recruit ships in the original version of BI, I'm not sure if this is a glitch I made or it came this way:

I don't understand why it is this way. I found the "entry" for the ship in the descr_model_strat.txt file. It was originally this:

Code:
    type     roxolani_admiral
    skeleton    strat_navy
    indiv_range    40
    texture  sarmatians,  bi/data/models_strat/textures/navy_roxolani.tga
    model_flexi    data/models_strat/navy_roman.cas, max
    shadow_model_flexi   data/models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.cas, max
    I thought the roman model_flexi might be messing up the model. I left the "sarmatians" code alone since Burgundii and Lombardi coding says "alemanni" in front of them for texture. There is also only the "roman_shadow.cas" so...

So I got this:

Code:
    type     roxolani_admiral
    skeleton    strat_navy
    indiv_range    40
    texture  sarmatians,  bi/data/models_strat/textures/navy_roxolani.tga
    model_flexi    data/models_strat/navy_barb.cas, max
    shadow_model_flexi   data/models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.cas, max
    This didn't work. I played around with it (including adding "roxolani" in front of texture) but nothing changed it.

I double-checked the spelling of the texture against what is in the models_strat\textures folder, and that is correct.

And this is the "navy_roxolani.tga.dds" file inside that folder as seen from GIMP:

I don't know where else to look to make the Roxolani campaign map ship appear like all the other nomadic ships. Even the Huns that I gave ports and boats have the correct strat_map model.

Do you know if I missed anything Penguin?

I also want to apologize for the many posts were I rambled on about the "corrected_regions.tga". The true purpose of the file went right over my head until recently.

So to answer your original question about it: No. As far as I can see, there is no difference in the Island of Lesbos between the map_regions.tga I gave you and the corrected one. The game didn't move anything in or around the island.

Thanks again for your help.

Foederatus

This does indeed look like a mismatch between texture and model. It also exists in Vanilla BI. I guess nobody bothered to fix this as the roxolani never were meant to be playable. Remember the brown spaniard's british-blue general CA never patched?

However, I do not know how to fix this. Maybe ask a modeler/skinner?

I also had a look at your map. Besides removing the new unit from DS, I also had to add hidden resources to EDB.
    But I found the error! It is located in map_ground_types.tga. I coloured the entire island in RGB (101 124 0) which corresponds to high fertility. However I do not have the time at the moment to find out which particular tile was the culprit as there were several RGB (98 65 65) tiles (corresponding to low mountains which are impassible) on lesbos. My best guess would be the the tile (x=307, y=197) (gimp coordinates, not ingame ones), but you have to try out yourself if you do not want Lesbos to have no mountains or beaches. Anyway, I attached the corrected file.

map_ground_types.zip

As a warning: There will be more errors. But these seem to be mostly buildings in DS not matching the settlement level, so I guess you will be able to fix them in no time.

Also, when I told you that coastlines are defined in map_heights.tga, I forgot to mention you have to delete map_heights.hgt after making any adjustments to map_heights.tga. Just in case you need to adjust that file.

Libertus

This does indeed look like a mismatch between texture and model. It also exists in Vanilla BI. I guess nobody bothered to fix this as the roxolani never were meant to be playable. Remember the brown spaniard's british-blue general CA never patched?

However, I do not know how to fix this. Maybe ask a modeler/skinner?
    I added a new thread to the "Skins, Models and Animations" sub-forum. Hopefully someone can explain it to me. Thanks.

I also had a look at your map. Besides removing the new unit from DS, I also had to add hidden resources to EDB.
    Sorry about the hidden resources. Didn't think of that. At least they are easy to add/subtract when you know what you're doing.

But I found the error! It is located in map_ground_types.tga. I coloured the entire island in RGB (101 124 0) which corresponds to high fertility. However I do not have the time at the moment to find out which particular tile was the culprit as there were several RGB (98 65 65) tiles (corresponding to low mountains which are impassible) on lesbos. My best guess would be the the tile (x=307, y=197) (gimp coordinates, not ingame ones), but you have to try out yourself if you do not want Lesbos to have no mountains or beaches. Anyway, I attached the corrected file.
    Yay! Honestly, I don't care if the island is all mountains, fertile land, beaches, or all the above, I just wanted the island to be walkable, which it is:

Thank you very much for that. I'm now quite comfortable editing the map_regions.tga and the map_features.tga, but map_ground_types.tga takes some getting use to, and the map_heights.tga... I'm not even going to touch unless I have to. That one is HARD to edit not only correct, but well. But, I'm willing to learn...

Also, when I told you that coastlines are defined in map_heights.tga, I forgot to mention you have to delete map_heights.hgt after making any adjustments to map_heights.tga. Just in case you need to adjust that file.
    I asked you about that back in post #12, and now I have my answer! Thanks.

Now that my Lesbos island is fixed, I'm going to add about... 8 regions to the map. One at a time of course! I believe I only have 175 regions (including the sea) so I have some room to play with (200 max, including sea region, if I remember correctly). If something goes wrong... I'll be back!

As a warning: There will be more errors. But these seem to be mostly buildings in DS not matching the settlement level, so I guess you will be able to fix them in no time.
    I got two more errors after you fixed Lesbos Island for me:

1. Petra was listed as a "large_town" with a "governors_house" as the "core_building"... oops! I thought I found all those and corrected them. That was easy.

2. A rebel "general" had "leader," attached to his code line, which doesn't work! I know rebels can have "named_character" generals, but I don't think they can gave a faction leader.

That was the end of all error messages! YES!

Thank you very much for your patience and help Penguin, and I believe I've solved most of my other errors. I'm going to work on adding a few regions and adding Amazonian culture and facitons (like I said). I also got the Roxolani ship glitch in TWC as I said. You should keep track of it, hopefully someone can fix it for you as well!

I do have one other strange edit I want to do to the defenses building chain. I posted a new thread about it in the "Text Editing and Scripting" section. If you could take a look, I would appreciate it. Maybe you can answer that one. If not... no worries!

Cheers to another successful fixing of my messed up mod! LOL...

And to top it all off this is my 25th post! Now... where is that elusive edit-my-post button!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast