Thread: burned savegames

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Default burned savegames

Hi Mates

i just had a ctd while i was loading a save. After that CTD all latest 4 savegames are burned......! like 5h of campaign "work" are gone...
    anyone experienced that fatal fail too?

Domesticus

Default Re: burned savegames

Nope, ive never had that problem with IDP, its actually one of the most stable mods ive ever played except for some glitches in VDM submod

No idea how to help you though You running a clean installation of Empire, with no other mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Hi Mates

i just had a ctd while i was loading a save. After that CTD all latest 4 savegames are burned......! like 5h of campaign "work" are gone...
    anyone experienced that fatal fail too?

Hi,

That was bad luck.
    The only advice I can give you is: DO NOT LOAD THE AUTOSAVE (particularly if you are using VDM).
    Also, in Empire constant saves and loadings during a game tend to produce corrupted save files, so the best way to avoid them is to only load a save in the begginig of a game and save just before you exit that game session.

Good luck,

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks you both, it was probably just bad luck. i remember that once (years ago) all savegames were broken, but that was still on vanilla times *yuck
    and to just save it at the start and the end is impossible sometimes the AI cheats so saucy and fresh that i have to pull back some years ehm saves.
    and yes it was a clean install, well i tried VDM but with this 3mio bug it kills the game fun but since i read that i have to turn off some scripts i might give it a try again

thanks and take care
    zaaroverandout

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

omg, i tried it again, beginning from turn 97 and it happened again, the last 4 saves are broken, could it have to do with something that the savegames are bigger than 110.mb?
    well i guess i have to uninstall this great game and fabolous mod, because the ctd´s in the game empire are triggerering old horrible traumas, when the game came out.... lots of grey hair back then

Domesticus

Actually i have an idea, do you have the newest VDM? Go download the newest one from the page. It'll say 1.9, but just look at the date it was uploaded

I had a bad glitch where an event in VDM was causing problems

I'm having the same issue. No idea how to solve. Everything seems to work fine until I'm about 80-90 turns in (haven't looked at the savegame file size).

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

same problem here, unfortunatelly, compined with the emerging mesoamerican faction crash on late campaign is a game breaker.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Guys, any suggestions how to keep Spain more longer or protect from invasion?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

In my opinion the best way to keep superpowers in the game is by adding them a starting stack and some ships in their port to prevent blocades.While campaign is progressing their increase profit will make them built up huge forces in comparison with smaller nations.
    Key is to make them blocade-free by constantly guarding their ports and by having enough land forces back while they can move them anytime their capital is in danger and not parking them in ports.Just 1 unit in a port is fine

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Lordsith, we need to keep Spain from harm for gameplay reasons or the "mesoamerican" crash on late campaign is kind of inevitable? the mod is very polished to end in a crash like this! maybe to give them as own land what is now their protectorate in italy. Sir_aggelos good thinking, but i know that change armies possitions from start in warscape engine is a pain in the ass.