Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going back to vanilla/mos after Divide and Conquer

Default Re: Going back to vanilla/mos after Divide and Conquer

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    The larger maps works well, as it makes blitzing other factions (unless you're Gondor/Mordor) from the beginning more difficult, and adds a variety to the game with the scramble for rebel settlements. Not only that but factions that don't have much room to grow in previous versions now have some nice rebel settlements around them to give them something to do while building up the economy and such.

For example there's a nice buffer between Thranduil's Realm and Dol Guldur (owned by Mordor) which gives you time to get organized as Mordor starts out with a lot of territories. Another example is how Dale can get a lot more settlements to help your economy before engaging Rhun
    Hmm. That does sound interesting. I should give it a go at some point, maybe finally play as Dale. Thanks!

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    MOS depends on massive amounts of scripts, DaC doesn't need them so much
    That was one reason why I had quit MOS.
    I had begin with vanilia TA, for long, as I despised those submods...
    Then I loved PointBlank RC+RR, which was ended in profit of MOS.
    But I felt MOS went betraying RC+RR (part with those said scripts), and went back to Vanilia.
    Then I went to Realism+, but the factions are badly balanced. And came the (infamous, now searched) spiders bug, so I stopped as, while I believed it wasn't my fault (I was right!), I didn't understand where came from those crashes (i wasn't alone!).
    Then I went back to Vanilia for the (Unofficial)Alternate Patch.
    Then I'm intersted in DaC for the dualwield silvans..
    Last edited by Vifarc; August 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

to anyone who is unsure of D&C i personally love it highest marks from me high variety of units and playstyles for the different factions and not having to deal with the stack spam thats common means tactics and conservative use of your units can be vital. You should try it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12