Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Quote Originally Posted by Grigal View Post
    Thanks for keeping this mod updated. I started new Odrissian campaign yesterday using hardcore mod (the one that includes everything) and noticed that every AI faction I discovered was agressive/devious by default, is it supposed to be like this (to make things harder perhaps)?
    Yeah it's supposed to be harder and more aggressive...You could use Hardcore NoCAI changes version for less hostility etc.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

I use the hardcore version with no CAI changes and I see that units recruitment cost is the same as in vanilla DeI. However, buldings and agents cost are dubled (as it should be). Normal cost for units in hardcore mod is intetended ? Because I read in a changelog that you raise the cost of units as well.

I'm playing Bactria nocai hardcore on very hard and Im on 250 turns. I noticed that diplomacy became almost impossible. I managed to get 1 defensive pact with Parthia during first turn and that's it. Noone wants to trade or anything, even my Parthia allies. I have 200+ rep with them and offer them 100 000 gold just to trade with me but they decline. I think things were abit different before the patch, I could atleast trade with someone who likes me. Did anyone have the same experience with the current hardcore mod? I dont mind agressive AI behavior, but having 0 trade partners even among allies doesnt make sense.

Hardcore on very hard? Yes...thats going to be very very hard...

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    I use the hardcore version with no CAI changes and I see that units recruitment cost is the same as in vanilla DeI. However, buldings and agents cost are dubled (as it should be). Normal cost for units in hardcore mod is intetended ? Because I read in a changelog that you raise the cost of units as well.
    I believe it's intended. Dresden will know for sure though.

If I remember the levy/lower tier units should cost a bit more but overall units are the same cost currently. I may change that at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If I remember the levy/lower tier units should cost a bit more but overall units are the same cost currently. I may change that at some point.
    Yeah maybe you should. Hardcore stands for really hard. We should put a really BIG reminder though.
    DON'T TRY IT IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE VANILLA HARD AT FIRST.

i found something kind of bug/glitch related to CAI Diplomacy culture etc.

[it's about ctds and freeze during loading turn.](not loading screen)

ctd+freeze happens when using such as @a_12_dei_softcore2 or alike.

and this thing happens when i edit Cai_personalities_tables, _cultural_multiplier_tables, deal_evaluation_deal_component_values_tables, _diplomatic_event_values_tables. [4 sections]

ctd/freeze happened even i delete this lines.[end turn on current save file]

------------

but i solved this when i removed softcore mod and gladiator[this mod also cause ctd/freeze on end turn loading].

spend 3~4 hours to solve this mystery

----------------------

but i can't able to use softcore+gladiator sub mods again.

-------------------------final edit

it was https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=250719205 this mod cause all of AI turn ctds and freezes.

ctds happened even i uncheck mod. so must delete in data folder!

now i use those sub mods again
    Last edited by servent9; May 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM.

Updated
    - Fixed cultural traditions issue in Hardcore and Hardcore no CAI submods
    - Added new Softcore no CAI submod version

Perfect timing.

pastinho's Avatar Libertus

Does Softcore Mod is compatible now with the newest 1.2.1c DeI version after EM building changes ? Thanks

Yes, in theory they should be compatible still. I changed them awhile back to only change the PO/food etc entries, not all building effects. So they should be compatible with future updates.

Just played a sparta campaign on H/N and got destroyed 50 turns in. Egypt sent stack after stack and fleet after fleet along with Knossos and without much of an economy or millatry Im screwed.

What would be better, a H/N campaign with soft-core mod at the beginning ? Or N/N with hardcore mod on later in the campaign ?

is there perhaps a chance we could get the software diplomacy aggression bumped up slightly higher, as I am playing as pergamon and Ive been declared war on by, every thracian tribe, cappadocia (even tho there are several lands between us and they have no allies I'm fighting) Hyasadan (who are just barely out of the fog of war for me and still on the complete other side of turkey, sparta, athens, knossos, rome as soon as I met them in apallonia, the getae, and yeah pretty much everyone, even tho the Diplomacy aggression is on confident, AND IM PLAYING IN EASY MODE, the fact that everyone wants to go to war against the 3 town kingdom of pergamon is a little ridiculous, hell half of these people who declared war on me I ALREADY HAD A NON AGGRESSION PACT WITH, they went straight to war and didn't even break the pack, and I'm only on turn 50!!! so either something is bugged with the software more mod, or idk because this is ridiculous that I'm at war with 90% of the factions I've met and i haven't initiated a single war. -_-
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Pergamon for some reason gets that, something to do with being surrounded by other cultures.

Not sure exactly what you are asking for? Did you mean decreased aggression? Anyway the softcore submod is set to low levels. As low as vanilla or lower if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Pergamon for some reason gets that, something to do with being surrounded by other cultures.

Not sure exactly what you are asking for? Did you mean decreased aggression? Anyway the softcore submod is set to low levels. As low as vanilla or lower if I remember.
    so everyone is supposed to be set agressionwise to confident then? damn pergamon gets the short end of the stick then, I'm just surprised because I didn't experience this at all in 1.1, most people were steadfast, yeah sure some thracians declared war but people of my own culture at least wouldn't declare on me and break a non aggression in the same go, that seems much to aggressive, especaillially as its impossible for them to even actually get armies into my lands
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Am I correct in assuming the various debuffs and increased costs associated with the hardcore mod affect the AI as well?

No, some will affect the AI but a lot of the hardcore mod is about making the AI better not worse.

It is compatible with the latest patch?

First of all, awesome work Dresden and Dei Team!

Guys, the debuffs like "Slow Down Culture Conversion" and whatnot from the Hardcore Version apply to the AI as well?

I'm looking for submods that preserve the "status quo" of the campaign map! On the latest versions of the mod the AI seems to be extra aggressive with each other. By the 60th turn all of Europe is owned by the same 3 factions or so, when played on HARD. This forces me to play only on NORMAL.

So, I figured that higher AI penalties from different cultures would solve the problem, since would be harder for the AI to keep early big empires.