Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore Submod

Yes, effectively that is true. Basically the auto resolve can't take into account player skill and reaction. Any experienced TW player can do much better in a battle than 2 simulated AI armies. Its just the nature of the game.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dresden what difficulty would u advise this mod to be played with?

The hardcore mod? Probably Normal or Hard, but both would be challenging.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The hardcore mod? Probably Normal or Hard, but both would be challenging.
    Thanks mate. Another question for you if you play your HC mod. I generally love it, spending some 50 turns and maybe 15-20 battles just securing Cisalpine Gaul and some of the Alps for example. My 2 real gripes are the occupied territory instability - which somebody else raised - which is not really challenging but tedious as 90% of the spwned armies are 3-5 unit stacks which can be immediately wiped out. I edited this out so no problem. My other issue which has put the game on hold, is the with the CAI diplomacy settings, it makes the AI so untrustworthy that random countries on the other side of the world constantly declare war (nearby countries is very welcome), which while a little silly, is ok, the problem arises however that Clients and Satrapies are useless yet very necessary. One needs to make them to make buffers and reduce the enormous expense in time and money that securing a core region costs. The issue is that whenever one of these random power declares war out of the blue, ones satrapies betray the player and the cost of re-asserting control is excessive. Having to do so 3x in a row over the Helvetii has lessened my enjoyment factor. Anyway to edit this/ideas in general I may be missing in game?

cheers mate, and great work!
    Last edited by Kshar; February 06, 2016 at 12:31 AM.

Kshar, I had the same type of problem with my clients in Cisalpina in the early goings. The method I adopted is to not call my allies to war until the clients are Friendly with me -- the Veneti had -380 rep with me upon their subjugation. Eventually they will become friendly and you can have them follow you in war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRazaman View Post
    Kshar, I had the same type of problem with my clients in Cisalpina in the early goings. The method I adopted is to not call my allies to war until the clients are Friendly with me -- the Veneti had -380 rep with me upon their subjugation. Eventually they will become friendly and you can have them follow you in war.
    Hey Raz, yeah thats what I am doing now. Part of the issue was that I was playing with the "all diplomatic options" submod as well, and when you make a satrapy they are automatically called to war when you go to war or are attacked ... which as u can imagine just doesn't work in the HC mod at all. I have taken to really just making clients, but satrapies alas still remain next to useless.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this mod works with all DLC campaigns ?

Well clients solved the going to war issue, but i'm still getting most new clients randomely breaking out of it within 3-4 turns, how do you deal with that?

If you're not already, keep a large army in their vicinity.

For example, if you've newly subjugated the Venetians, keep your conquering army in their territory (your troops will replenish given there are adequate supplies) or in Italia at the Rubicon.
    Alternatively say you've recently subjugated the Venetians and Ligurians in a blitzkrieg maneuver. Keep your legion in Italia shaded over on one side of the Appenines based on which client you deem the most likely to split from you.

My sense is --and this is without knowledge of the mechanics-- that the AI performs a calculation of relative power in a certain region whilst also factoring in their friendly/hostile status to determine if they will attack/secede/ally etc...
    Last edited by TheRazaman; February 07, 2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Words

If you're not already, keep a large army in their vicinity.

For example, if you've newly subjugated the Venetians, keep your conquering army in their territory (your troops will replenish given there are adequate supplies) or in Italia at the Rubicon.
    Alternatively say you've recently subjugated the Venetians and Ligurians in a blitzkrieg maneuver. Keep your legion in Italia shaded over on one side of the Appenines based on which client you deem the most likely to split from you.

My sense is --and this is without knowledge of the mechanics-- that the AI performs a calculation of relative power in a certain region whilst also factoring in their friendly/hostile status to determine if they will attack/secede/ally etc...
    Ill give it a shot, thanks for the help mate.

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

EDIT: False alarm! Somehow, I had picked out the wrong version of DeI...time to clean out my downloads folder.

(Had been crashing on startup)
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; March 03, 2016 at 02:56 PM.

Sorry to say so, first time I don't really like one of your mods. In my eyes it does not suit well to DEI, it even contradicts DEI and this would suit better to Radious and other styles.

- CAI is next to the better CAI mod. I never liked that because it's a war-at-all-times-everyone-vs-everyone-shooter. Do this if you have fun, but definitely do it with loads of armies and make war, war, war. To get me right, this is totally ok if you like that style, but then finally I'd say give me loads of armies and I will have loads of fun. But this isn't what made DEI a masterpiece. DEI loses all of the historical appeal that way.

- Rebellions: totally over the top. After 66 rounds I conquered my first region as Rome... Lost it twice because you cannot risk pursuing rebels and getting out of range of the settlement.

- Rebellions in re-conquered cities: does that make sense? NO. It's better to give up that city as you will conquer and have one legion less.

- Sieges: eternal thing. Lose your army by attrition or take the walls. Could make some sense though

- Economy: without demanding money for agreements you will not go anywhere. You can exploit this as every round nations disappear and re-appear. No challenge in this, just annoying, but I'd guess without that exploit there is no way of starting your economy.

In my eyes not something suiting the perfect masterpiece of DEI, sorry to say so. This approach would make some sense with other mods pointing into that direction, so I don't want to put that style of play down in any way.

I'd be pleased to see something making Rome in DEI more of a challenge, but in my opinion it should happen without destroying the best of DEI, which seems to happen here.
    Last edited by Matt Slow; March 12, 2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Deleted issue with battle balance, proved to be wrong on my part

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Its often difficult to increase the challenge without doing it in an extremely artificial way and we often dont have alot of alternatives. Battles AFAIK havent been touched in this submod.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Its often difficult to increase the challenge without doing it in an extremely artificial way and we often dont have alot of alternatives. Battles AFAIK havent been touched in this submod.
    I totally understand this. And tbh, it's hard to improve the masterpiece of DEI - unless CA would give you a better engine to work with. I am now trying some middle-of-the-road thing: DEI on hard campaign settings (normal battle) plus your recruitment mod. See where this gets me with Rome.

One could choose to just implement parts of the hardcore submod and leave out the parts that results in what may seem as an overly aggressive AI.

One could choose to just implement parts of the hardcore submod and leave out the parts that results in what may seem as an overly aggressive AI.
    I must say, for an official submod I would prefer something like this. So far I found all official submods really useful, but not intrusive to the character of DEI.

So far I have been using nopo_garrison, cost_reduction, all diplomatic options and they all did just minor changes but proved to be useful. Other than that I tried KAM's experimental battles, Legions of Rome and your recruitment. All have been adding something useful and immersive for me. Of course, that's a very personal impression.

True. Ask and you shall often recieve a submod that seeks to fulfill your needs Then you can, as you already do, tweak the game as you feel like.

... Battles AFAIK havent been touched in this submod.
    PS: My bad. I will take this out of my first post. In fact, coming back from DEI late legions including fully fledged legion traditions, reforms, tech, generals etc. makes a HUGE difference to starting over with Rome. I am quite surprised myself here. Just adds to the depth of DEI in fact.

True. Ask and you shall often recieve a submod that seeks to fulfill your needs Then you can, as you already do, tweak the game as you feel like.
    Unfortunately I cannot tweak yet, but except for the overall Rome difficulty so far DEI had all the submods I needed.

I've been playing as Athens for about a hundred turns now, in normal difficulty, as a non expansionist faction, restricting myself to my capital only, and merely dealing with local affairs, helping fellow greek factions against barbarians and Rome. So far it has been challenging, with some cut throat moves from some of my allies, and very interesting to play in general. Great mod.

Hey there, just wanted to ask, if this submod is savegame compatible

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk