Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

edit - updated hardcore and hardcore no cai submods to fix those buildings missing
    Thank you very much for that quick fix.

I may have missed something but I am not sure how to install the sub mod. I am trying to get the DeI Hardcore 1.2 Only AI Aggression submod but when I click the link it down loads a file I can't read. Am I mend to place it in a file somewhere?

Place it in your data folder. When you run the game, click mod manager. Check the "enable out of date mods" option and make sure the mod pack is checked green. Hit play.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks Dresden that is a great help.

Just what I was looking for, a softer diplomacy AI. Was sick of every faction declaring war on me all the time for no reason. Does this work with the latest 1.2.2b?

Thanks

It should.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It should.
    It works, but with softcore mod on, the AI just sit around doing nothing. So I will be returning to normal.

I take it this one doesn't change the AI right?

DeI Softcore 1.2 No CAI Aggression
    (Just changes other parts, not CAI settings)

Thanks
    Last edited by GreenKing; November 17, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

Thats right

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    It works, but with softcore mod on, the AI just sit around doing nothing.
    Does this cause them to expand less quickly, or does it only affect their relation with the player? I just spent three weeks creating a script that attempts to get the AI to do nothing.

The softcore mod lowers their aggression settings so they are less likely to declare war and attack.

I noticed the AI seems to not care about non aggression pacts or alliances at all. They just attack you. I was using softcore2, not sure if that's why.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I noticed the AI seems to not care about non aggression pacts or alliances at all. They just attack you. I was using softcore2, not sure if that's why.
    I'm not sure whether the Hardcore-Softcore mods are updated or not.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I'm not sure whether the Hardcore-Softcore mods are updated or not.
    Dresden will know for sure.

I turned softcore off, its not so important right now. Its just kind of annoying if your valued ally with +30 affection points suddenly attacks and conquers your port city with a damn fleet out of nowhere. I dont know whether softcore is doing this, but I never noticed such behavior without. Then again, I rarely had allies.

+30 is no hindrance for betrayal, depending on the faction's AI character traits they receive at the start of the campaign.

talk +100 and more, then you're safe mate

With P&P you can send diplomats to improve relations, or make gifts, or declare war on those they are at war with - it will make them like you very much. Or buy them into joining your wars - common enemies improve relations. If they are surrounded by only you, without enemy in their reach, expect them to often expand into your territory.

Well, were allied. They should cancel the alliance before they attack me. What else is the point of that mechanic. And +100 is hard to maintain for long, as I dont want to declare war on random factions for no reason. I could never make those diplomatic missions work, they always come back with a bloodied nose and relations are worse.

These should be compatible with today's update

It seems like turning on hardcore submod with new update break the banditry numbers.

Ah yes, damn - I will update it

Edit - updated hardcore and softcore submods, should be okay now
    Last edited by Dresden; November 30, 2017 at 06:36 PM.

Ah yes, damn - I will update it

Edit - updated hardcore and softcore submods, should be okay now
    Yes, it works now, thanks.