Thread: Loading Screen Collection

Default Loading Screen Collection

Since our new loading screens are appreciated by many players of Rome Total History, I want to post a better presentation of this new feature.

While browsing the web in search of new pictures for my building cards, I have collected thousands of illustrations of the ancient world and now the best of them have been made available to be used as loadings screens in RTW.

No more yawns while you are waiting for your battle to load!

The collection includes many historic paintings by famous artists such as David, Poynter, Alma-Tadema, Godward, Gerome, Foltz, Royer, Maccari, Cabanel, Millmore, as well as stunning wargame illustrations by Angus McBride and others. There are also representations of famous cities or buildings and daily life scenes.

Here is a treatment for your weary eyes with over 700 high quality screens!

Most pictures have been enhanced with GIMP and other programmes to improve the colors and guarantee only the best quality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Although the collection was originally released with Rome Total History 2.0, it can be installed on any RTW-mod of your choice.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Download the collection at
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/dp...ng_screens.rar
    Unzip and copy the loading screens directly into the folder data/loading_screen of your game. You can copy them into your vanilla game or, if you prefer, to the respective folder in your favourite mod. Most mods have already a number of loading_screens preinstalled.

In order to be displayed it is however necessary to have an uninterrupted line of loading screens counting from loading_screen_1 to the last in line. If one loading screen is missing, the game will display only those previous to the number in question. The loading screen collection you downloaded starts only with loading_screen_141, because the previous ones are provided directly with our mod RTH 2.0. This means, if your mod has originally less than 140 loading screens that you must fill the gap.

The easiest way is to download Rome Total History 2.0 at
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3i...ym/RTH_2.0.rar
    and take the missing files from there. But you can also rename the last in line to fill the gap. In this case you should start with loading_screen_716 and rename it loading_screen_140 and so on, until your row is complete. If you want to add your own pictures to the collection, which is also possible to fill the gap, make sure that they are tga files.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_00.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	328888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_01.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	328889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_02.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	328890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_03.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	328891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_04.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	328892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_05.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	328893
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Loading Screen Collection

Nice!

As you can see, some loading screens contain nudity, especially those from number 683 to 715. If you are offended by these pictures you can easily deactivate them by eliminating or renaming loading_screen_683.

Another screen from our collection (the original is without the promotional message of course):

i love this. i put this many years ago in my proper game-with-my-modifications (is not really a mod), but now with RTH 2.0 IM Happy!!!!

Thanks I don't fall asleep waiting anymore