Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Open Test Reports, Round 2

Default Re: Open Test Reports, Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by surg3on View Post
    ALL barbarians? It seems this would be better suited for the bezerker units/low armour units. Noble units would be more battle hardened/organised?
    No not all barbarians just the light war band units. The later heavy troops will be using animations similar the Romans.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

just played a small match and to sum it up: when the AI sees that it will lose if it keeps doing what its doing they pull through the line which gets them all killed in seconds, this costed them the game, very big concern.

Velites and similar either need alot more ammunition or alot more damage per javelin, my one unit of velites only got 55 kills.

The red and yellow "flags" needs to be put back in again. I tried a largescale fight and it was just a mess. too hard for me to coordinate. Ive seen alot more people having this opinion. Even though they dont fit with the theme they are too important to be scrapped.

Principes are set as tier I units but still beat a carthaginian militia (dont remember the name) that is set as tier III unit, just a small nitpick.

Other than this the battle seemed acceptable.

How long until the famous new AI update that petellius showed?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT* The velites fired at the AIs flank

Some time this week. Also the balance in the next pack will be quite different. A lot less kills but faster battles too. Seleucids will be in there too. The UI will be fixed at some point, we just havent got round to it.

1. Pike infantry dont show their pikes.

2. the squareformation for hastati and principes dont look right, the shields and swords in the first rank are gone etc

3. Sometimes when hovering over cataphracts the camera shakes, even when they are standing still (it happened twice, then went back to it a third time and it stopped, all in the same battle)

4. Infantry dont throw pila when they should, and yes, I had fire at will on, and yes, I did wait atleast 20 seconds.

Velites still need more ammo and/or more damage.

So

For me, i have a problem...
    I Have systemately crash in battle about 5 min after to start
    For the moment i can't test. Maybe Because my perf? I have alienware 970GTX 8Go ram...

Farrell - not sure what caused a crash. We haven't had CTD issues in some time. Obviously make sure nothing else is running with it just in case. If it crashes five minutes in, it could be just too much memory or something. Do you have any details on the set-up?

Fix also sent out for the missing pikes. One of these days I'll release one that doesn't need an immediate hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    1. Pike infantry dont show their pikes.

2. the squareformation for hastati and principes dont look right, the shields and swords in the first rank are gone etc

3. Sometimes when hovering over cataphracts the camera shakes, even when they are standing still (it happened twice, then went back to it a third time and it stopped, all in the same battle)

4. Infantry dont throw pila when they should, and yes, I had fire at will on, and yes, I did wait atleast 20 seconds.

Velites still need more ammo and/or more damage.

On the pikes maybe ABH forgot to add in the new longer pikes? But I doubt it, can we see a screenshot?

The square formation hasn't been finished yet, I'll need to get those animations for it that DeI uses.

I have noticed that with the infantry, its rather odd and I can't figure out why.

and Velites really don't need more damage they can already almost always rout a unit single handed.

Nah, I forgot the pikes. They were in the Macedon pack not included and despite reminding myself, still ended up forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Nah, I forgot the pikes. They were in the Macedon pack not included and despite reminding myself, still ended up forgetting.
    It happens, at least its an easy fix. Btw can you pm me a pack so I can send it to Lionheart?

Also for anyone interested, if you want to use that sweet AI you need to play against Carthage with the ai on the defensive.

For anyone too blind or careless to see that a first time. Carthage, Defensive!
    Last edited by Petellius; September 12, 2015 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Farrell - not sure what caused a crash. We haven't had CTD issues in some time. Obviously make sure nothing else is running with it just in case. If it crashes five minutes in, it could be just too much memory or something. Do you have any details on the set-up?
    So i will try to down some performance.
    And i verify my game cache.
    If i crash again, i will test with vanilla (because I just downloaded the game and this is the first time I installed on this PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
    So i will try to down some performance.
    And i verify my game cache.
    If i crash again, i will test with vanilla (because I just downloaded the game and this is the first time I installed on this PC)
    Yeah that could explain some things! xD

Just tried a quick match before bed:
    The pike fix seems to be working. You guys got the fix out before I finished downloading the main pack.
    The Seleucid units are absolutely gorgeous. The Silver Shields and Cataphracts kind of steal the show, but the Bronze Shields aren't being left completely behind.
    The Seleucid Army is as delightfully diverse and flexible as it should be.
    I tried out Carthage on the defense. It didn't end well for me. What all did you add?
    The new morale seems to be working more like advertised. My poor Syrian archers were whittled down to 80 men from 150 by those damn slingers, and shattered. The archers barely seemed to do any damage, but perhaps the Balearic Slingers are just the best for a reason.
    The pikes seem to work just fine in combat.

I think Phalanxes should behave more like in Ancient Empires Battle mod for attila
    BTW This mod is looking amazingly good

Ancient Empires Battle mod for attila Ex:

Ancient Empires Ex:

and yeah

I think Phalanxes should behave more like in Ancient Empires Battle mod for attila
    BTW This mod is looking amazingly good

Ancient Empires Battle mod for attila Ex:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 20-22-27-486.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	583.3 KB 
ID:	329667

Ancient Empires Ex:

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 19-56-50-254.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	520.0 KB 
ID:	329666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 20-10-02-346.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	556.8 KB 
ID:	329664

also, some units decided to not use pikes o.O

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 20-00-22-803.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	329668

and yeah.. 'm loving this mod

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 20-12-10-001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	385.0 KB 
ID:	329665

I killed a full armored elephants unit in 3 round of javelins from 2 velites (took 10sec)
    a little armor increase should be enough

Name:	wmplayer 2015-09-12 21-03-33-831.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	962.2 KB 
ID:	329669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wmplayer 2015-09-12 21-03-36-658.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	969.7 KB 
ID:	329670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wmplayer 2015-09-12 21-03-40-126.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	980.3 KB 
ID:	329671

It seems like pikes dont do any damage.
    I took this pic after a 5min fight lol

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 21-17-28-003.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	637.6 KB 
ID:	329672

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeis93 View Post
    It seems like pikes dont do any damage.
    I took this pic after a 5min fight lol

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 21-17-28-003.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	637.6 KB 
ID:	329672
    yeah this is hilarious, 12min still the same no kills..

My test after 7 battles:

-IA who continu to purchass ennemi to the end of the map.
    -IA keeps too many reserves when it takes the advantage in battle.It could use better to bring the knockout blow in the end of the battle.
    -There are only 2 units at the end of the battle against ten. Why they do not leak? The battle is lost ...
    -When we provokes the enemy, it does not keep reserve. IA sends his troops into battle. And it's easy to get around and win.
    -Battles maybe a little slow? If we have not much time it's hard to play.
    -In attack, it's easier to win because the AI sends everything in battle. No reserve or very little. Once we understood the trick, it's pretty easy to win.

But otherwise congratulations !!

I was surprised by the AI. It bluff me sometimes!!

I do not know if all the point will be corrected?
    Last edited by Farrell; September 12, 2015 at 02:37 PM.

-It seems like pikes don't loose morale whe they got tired but kind of makes sense
    -When pikes use sword they dont have shields (did you use the eastern roman pikeman instead of the ostrogothic one?)
    -When I went through the game options I realize that the font color should be changed to a darker one

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 21-38-05-126.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	595.7 KB 
ID:	329673
    -Pikes are simply inmune to pikes (in pike wall), they fight forever but they don't kill each other. Example of 1H fight below

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 21-47-37-442.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	693.3 KB 
ID:	329674
    You can see a couple of my units without any losses, yeah they fought the entire time. Most of the looses you see in this pic are caused by me testing charges and run throughs
    quite effective against pikes I must say.

Name:	attila 2015-09-12 21-47-52-355.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	716.7 KB 
ID:	329675

I'm sorry if you already answer this but.. Is the AI and morale system showed in your vids implemented in this beta?