View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.2!! 5/2/2016

Thanks for the release I'm so grateful !

No words...you are great...TANAR DURIN NUUUUUUUR!!!!

What first I need to install, patch or sub-mods, because I installed first the patch and then sub-mods and when I start the battle with iron foot pikemen it chrush the game and exit me on desktop and show me the error message ?

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Is there any chance to have your new units in DAC in the future ?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Greece View Post
    What first I need to install, patch or sub-mods, because I installed first the patch and then sub-mods and when I start the battle with iron foot pikemen it chrush the game and exit me on desktop and show me the error message ?
    submod first then patches
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I changed the title to avoid confusion, the mod is all in one, every patch till now every change has been consolidated in it, you choose a version from dinner, bath, or me.....uh...sry that was a joke, and then you copy the data folder inside and paste it in third age. After that, if you want, there's some additional changes inside the sub-mods folder, just make sure to copy the sub-mod files with the correct version(according to the one you are playing with) if needed, if pointed out I mean that there's more than one version of the same submod. And you're good, just follow the instructions, either the ones here in the first page or the ones in the read me I left.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 03, 2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Damn it, I forgot to change some files in one of the submods to be compatible with the main files, the stats and unit sizes of some iron foot soldiers and the animation of the iron foot pike were wrong, anyways. New link is up, re-install again, you don't need to delete anything, just redo whatever you did before, copy the same folders, only this time, it will be right.

The issue was that: for the campaign changes sub-mod folder, the folders called Arnor(unit) had export_desrc_unit files that weren't on par with the main mod files, and I just fixed the errors.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 03, 2016 at 01:43 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units REDONE!! 5/3/2016

As proof that everything is working, here's a 17,856 man battle that had a total graphics failure later on cause the engine couldn't handle the awesomeness but not because there's an issue with the mod:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Perhaps I'll try doing it in an open battlefield, the crash took place when I was constantly moving the camera on the bridge trying to get an angle, maybe that constant moving caused it.

Edit:I had the same setup just now but on the grassy map, and it was glorious, although dale broke easily cause they got the mordor armies containing the trolls, and I got the harad ones containing Mumakil, it was supposed to be the other way around cause I gave them quite a few archers...but w.e, I quit half way in but yea, it was awesome.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 03, 2016 at 01:07 PM.
    "

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But how's it going to be with those dragonslayers?

I'll make them I'll make them, and is not just the shield....someone posted a few pictures here before and it gave me some ideas for the armor and helmet, while the shield is you know, the one we were talking about with the dragon head design on it...and the weapon......I think I'll keep it as an axe but trying to think of something new, a new axe model, one that no other unit has.
    "

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great!

Thank you for this fix and great mod. Now it works excellent!
    Do you plan to make more units from Hobbit movie ?

Weird....the download count on media fire says 0....did you download from the link?EDIT: NVM it was just being weird, it updated

Anyways, um...there was a change to the dragonslayers that I plan on making, but as for Hobbit units. I don't want to say something which I won't fulfill later, but yea, there's a possibility, that I might be willing to redo some orcs of Gundabad to look like the movie's, and then add another final armor upgrade for dale swordsmen and spearmen to look like the armor we saw in the movie for dale, but just a possibility, I'm not sure if I want to get in on that, but you never know, I might............it would look pretty fing cool but not sure.... I don't know if I'll have time to do this once I get serious in life lol(job and stuff)........................yea, I will try my best to continue modding as a hobby in the future, since I kind of like the idea of seeing my mental pictures take shape in a game.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 03, 2016 at 11:21 PM.
    "

Please continue to work on this perfect mod and make this awesome units you said, but only if you have enogh free time and will.

In my opinion, these models are very good, but It makes dwarven units too unified, when we see them from far distance, they look almost the same.

that's cause of two reasons, your graphic settings that show how far you have the game display the units in full detail, and the sprites, the new units and others are sharing sprites right now, I was thinking of learning how to make my own and then release a quick small patch including said sprites, but still not sure how to make them.
    "

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    that's cause of two reasons, your graphic settings that show how far you have the game display the units in full detail, and the sprites, the new units and others are sharing sprites right now, I was thinking of learning how to make my own and then release a quick small patch including said sprites, but still not sure how to make them.
    Quite easy, and no programs needed, if I understand it right: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ite-Generation

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Newest version of submod on mod database includes a Trojan virus !

Im getting a crash when I help rohan on its invasion by mordor. When my units arrive boom a crash.

Why are they taller than dwarves from erebor and orcs? They are tall as people...is it bug or what? :O