Thread: Too many civil wars, how to prevent them?

Default Too many civil wars, how to prevent them?

Hi,

I'm playing as "Herzogtum Franken", so I'm the Emperor, but just from the beginning one civil war follows another. I kill the first Counterking - one round of peace - and immediately another Duke becomes Counterking, I kill him, the next one becomes Counterking, and so on ...
    Is there any way to stop this? Biggest Problem is, that the family trees of the german states get massacred until at some point I can't fight of the current rebellious Duke anymore, because if I kill him, his Faction gets destroyed.
    Anybody any Idea?

edit: by the way, I'm playing with DHRR 0.8beta
    Last edited by Danny087; August 13, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Too many civil wars, how to prevent them?

Alright, found the solution myself: NEVER get excommunicated!
    As written in the feature list of this forum, if you are emperor you get penalties or bonuses on a "score" reflecting your governance depending on certain actions.
    Once the score decreases below a certain threshold a civil war starts. But even if you end the civil war by killing the counterking and still are below the "civil-war-threshold" the next turn a new civil war will start until you move above that threshold. You can sink maximally 40 points below that threshold. Being excommunicated gives a malus of 5 PER TURN! So its very difficult to climb up again after the excommunication. For example conquering a city FROM A NON HRE FACTION (or if a HRE faction conquers a city from a non HRE faction) gives a bonus of 5, heroic vitories get 5 and being crowned emperor in Rome gets 20.

I'm not sure though if these bonuses are available during civil war!? Does anybody know about this?

edit: Because for example you don't get any malus for attacking a HRE faction while being in civil war (which you normally would) even if you attack an allied HRE faction.
    Last edited by Danny087; August 17, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Too many civil wars, how to prevent them?

interesting - good find