hi all, i've beeen playng the last version of RTR VII for quite some time with the romans, i control all of italy and most of sicily, but i'm in a stalemate against the Aedui wich declared war on me

Their armies are not a threat to me, my legions can easily crush them, but they keep sending full stack after full stack (i've defeated something llike 30-40 aedui armies). The other two factions i'm at war with, The norici and the barbarians are not aproblem and i can keep them at bay with one single army, but against the Aedui, controlling all of germania and part of Gaul, i'm just not able to go to the offensive, having to keep 3 armies in northen italy plus garrisons.

Thankfully i created another army, with wich i can go to the offensive, but with the RTRVII mechanic, that forces you to build your government to stabilize the city to prevent rebellion, it takes a lot of time before you can march out your army to the next conquest, so i was thinking of raiding their lands instead, meaning exterminating and then leaving all their cities, destroyng their buildings, building the first government stability (to make a later conquest easier) and keep harassing them while i push forward whith the other armies i have

Problem is, testing this tactic using cheats(just to see afterwards the economical effect, then i will reload and do it properly) i noticed that the aedui do not always take back their cities even though they are unprotected, so they rebel and generate an army (luckily they are mostly levies) loyal to the aedui.

So, although is really fun to just go beserk and burn their lands, is this actually the best way to reduce their ability to fight? also i'm actually not interested in conquering germania, i would much rather expand in other regions, like spain, carthage, greece... so i would really prefer to do enough damage to the Aedui so that they will accept a ceasefire leaving my armies free to fight somewhere else.

What would be your advice here guys?